Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 21-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #41
danster82

In the end its quite simple does taking iodine supplement increase your health? do you feel better?

If not then it wasn't an issue.

If your taking iodine and you feel much better let us know.
danster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #42
mark1963

You can check if you need thyroid medication by doing a Basal Metabolic Rate (BSR) test first thing in the morning for a few days.

That's sticking a thermometer under your armpit before moving upon waking. It's fast and very reliable, better than a UK blood-test, that's for sure.

Everyone needs more iodine in the west, unless you eat loads of fishy products like the Japanese.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha

www.thrivingaudios.com
mark1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #43
21_12_2012

Does anyone know, apart from the price, if there is much difference between Lugols Iodine and this iodine:-

http://www.magnascent.com/

I got the lugols delivered this morning.
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #44
freedom1st

Ok so I went to see the consultant. Very nice man and accepting of the fact that big pharma are not to be trusted. Totally agreed with me on the whole swine flu thing. So basically not your typical robot.

Anyway, he said that taking iodine would only work if the thyroid is working and mine isn't so he said it wouldn't help me. He also disagreed with the notion of needing to take more iodine each day. He was aware of armour and most of what was discussed on here. He said that the problem is the testing of each patient to make sure they are taking the correct amount and that with something like armour it was difficult to measure because one batch could contain more of the substance than another.

He admitted that the use of T4 in the NHS was more to do with its safety, ie. it's easier to measure the body's reaction. However, he is going to prescribe T3 for me and he also wants to check my cortisol levels. I have to now wait for a nurse appointment in order to take tests and then he will see what needs to be prescribed and how much.

Last edited by freedom1st; 24-03-2010 at 04:46 PM.
freedom1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #45
kukulkola

I take kelp powder for it's iodine content. Sometimes I wake up late and feeling bloated in the face from poor sleep so I take a tablespoon of kelp along with half a gallon of water before I leave the house. I pee like 8 times and flush my face back down to normal.

Kelp micronutrients attach to heavy metals and carry them out of the body. Kelp nutrients actually clean individual cells from excessive build up. Kelp purifies the body.

I can't say ive ever noticed any thyroid elevation from kelp though because i'm no more than 9% bf so it wouldnt have an affect on me. But I feel more resistant to cold weather so I believe kelp elevates your thyroid thus your thyroid adapts to outer stresses such as cold weather much easier.
kukulkola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #46
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21_12_2012 View Post
Does anyone know, apart from the price, if there is much difference between Lugols Iodine and this iodine:-

It appears to be charged form of iodine. I'm not sure how that affects it's efficacy though.

http://www.subtleenergytherapyuk.com...Iodine_pg.html

Let us know how you get on with Lugol's.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha

www.thrivingaudios.com

Last edited by mark1963; 24-03-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 24-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #47
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom1st View Post
Ok so I went to see the consultant. Very nice man and accepting of the fact that big pharma are not to be trusted. Totally agreed with me on the whole swine flu thing. So basically not your typical robot.

Anyway, he said that taking iodine would only work if the thyroid is working and mine isn't so he said it wouldn't help me. He also disagreed with the notion of needing to take more iodine each day. He was aware of armour and most of what was discussed on here. He said that the problem is the testing of each patient to make sure they are taking the correct amount and that with something like armour it was difficult to measure because one batch could contain more of the substance than another.

He admitted that the use of T4 in the NHS was more to do with its safety, ie. it's easier to measure the body's reaction. However, he is going to prescribe T3 for me and he also wants to check my cortisol levels. I have to now wait for a nurse appointment in order to take tests and then he will see what needs to be prescribed and how much.

I've highlighted the bit.

If you are not getting enough iodine in the first place then how could he say we do not need to supplement it?

A typical western diet is highly deficient in iodine.

Good luck with the T3.

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 24-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #48
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukulkola View Post
I take kelp powder for it's iodine content. Sometimes I wake up late and feeling bloated in the face from poor sleep so I take a tablespoon of kelp along with half a gallon of water before I leave the house. I pee like 8 times and flush my face back down to normal.

Kelp micronutrients attach to heavy metals and carry them out of the body. Kelp nutrients actually clean individual cells from excessive build up. Kelp purifies the body.

I can't say ive ever noticed any thyroid elevation from kelp though because i'm no more than 9% bf so it wouldnt have an affect on me. But I feel more resistant to cold weather so I believe kelp elevates your thyroid thus your thyroid adapts to outer stresses such as cold weather much easier.
Kelp is an excellent detoxifier, but only contains 45mg of iodine per 100gm. Not enough unless you take quite a bit of it during the day. We need 12mg per day at least and lots more if you drink fluoridated water, have mercury fillings - up to 50mg per day.

www.thrivingaudios.com

Last edited by mark1963; 24-03-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 24-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #49
urbanmonk

Quote:

Thread convinced me to get some and it came today, could only get a 7% solution though so will see how it goes.

The charged iodine stuff you mention I actually came across a link on that stuff yesterday with some glowing reviews of it.

I did that test shown in the video in Op's post where you drop a bit on your arm and rub it in, after 8 hours it was all gone am assuming that is bad.

Would it be best just starting on 3 drops in a glass daily or should I go for more, am thinking just the three for a few weeks and then up it to 3 drops twice a day and then after another 2 weeks will do that test again.

Edit:Forgot to add I got some Selenium tablets aswell but am unsure if they can/should be taken at the same time as the Lugols or an hour before or an hour after sort of thing.

Last edited by urbanmonk; 24-03-2010 at 06:20 PM.
urbanmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #50
urbanmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1963 View Post
Can you get armour anymore - I thought it was synthoid now.

No, T3 is part of the whole thyroid complex, it is the active molecule but not the whole.
I think for those having trouble getting Armour this stuff will work just aswell (just need a little more than your normal Armour dose) and it is available without a prescription

Edit:Just to add this stuff for anyone who might also have mild Adrenal issues could go a long way in helping.

Assuming you are unable to get actual Cortisol injections which would be preferable.

Last edited by urbanmonk; 24-03-2010 at 06:27 PM.
urbanmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #51
snapdragon

What about iodised sea salt salt?

Aslo see..
http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/evm_iodine.pdf
snapdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #52
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanmonk View Post
Thread convinced me to get some and it came today, could only get a 7% solution though so will see how it goes.

The charged iodine stuff you mention I actually came across a link on that stuff yesterday with some glowing reviews of it.

I did that test shown in the video in Op's post where you drop a bit on your arm and rub it in, after 8 hours it was all gone am assuming that is bad.

Would it be best just starting on 3 drops in a glass daily or should I go for more, am thinking just the three for a few weeks and then up it to 3 drops twice a day and then after another 2 weeks will do that test again.

Edit:Forgot to add I got some Selenium tablets aswell but am unsure if they can/should be taken at the same time as the Lugols or an hour before or an hour after sort of thing.
Glad you got it - not sure if the arm test is any indication, but, if you have a typical diet you are severely depleted.

Start with 3 drops - 7% solution is the best one. If you shower in mains water and have mercury fillings then you may need more. See how you feel - you should notice a dramatic increase in energy, clarity of thought, loads of things.

Take it on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before food especially any anti-oxitants you may be taking. Do not take the selenium with it.

Do you have a link for the glowing report on the other iodine?

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 24-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #53
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
What about iodised sea salt salt?

Aslo see..
http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/evm_iodine.pdf
Not good I'm afraid.

The wrong type of iodine - it's not absorbed and no decent levels of it in the salt.

Organic unprocessed sea salt is the only type that will have appreciable amounts of iodine in it, but, again, the amount is too low to just rely on that.

I've learnt that anything the government pushes, has got to be suspect.

www.thrivingaudios.com

Last edited by mark1963; 24-03-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 24-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #54
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
You can check if you need thyroid medication by doing a Basal Metabolic Rate (BSR) test first thing in the morning for a few days.

That's sticking a thermometer under your armpit before moving upon waking. It's fast and very reliable, better than a UK blood-test, that's for sure.

Everyone needs more iodine in the west, unless you eat loads of fishy products like the Japanese.
What should the temperature be? I eat fish/sea food and sea salt every day and I take spirulina, I am not sure if I need extra iodine.
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #55
mark1963

Barnes Temperature Test (to find the Basal Body Temperature)

Blood tests are well known for not picking up hypothyroidism accurately, but there is a simple test you can use called the 'Barnes Temperature Test'. Basal temperatures are taken first thing in the morning, when your body is completely at rest. At night, before you go to bed, shake the thermometer down and leave it on your night table. In the morning, before getting out of bed and with as little movement as possible, place the thermometer under your arm. Leave it in position for 10 minutes. Do not drink alcohol the night before you take your basal temperature. Do this for five consecutive days, and make a note of the three lowest readings.

Use an oral, rectal or basal mercury thermometer only. Do not use a digital thermometer.

Menstruating women must take their temperatures on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th days of their periods only. Non-menstruating women, women who have had hysterectomies and men may take their temperatures any time.

97.8F - 98.2F (36.6 -36.8C) = Euthyroid (normal)

If your temperature falls below 97.8F (36.6C) then you should consult your GP or Practitioner.

www.thrivingaudios.com

Last edited by mark1963; 24-03-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 24-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #56
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Barnes Temperature Test (to find the Basal Body Temperature)

Blood tests are well known for not picking up hypothyroidism accurately, but there is a simple test you can use called the 'Barnes Temperature Test'. Basal temperatures are taken first thing in the morning, when your body is completely at rest. At night, before you go to bed, shake the thermometer down and leave it on your night table. In the morning, before getting out of bed and with as little movement as possible, place the thermometer under your arm. Leave it in position for 10 minutes. Do not drink alcohol the night before you take your basal temperature. Do this for five consecutive days, and make a note of the three lowest readings.

Use an oral, rectal or basal mercury thermometer only. Do not use a digital thermometer.

Menstruating women must take their temperatures on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th days of their periods only. Non-menstruating women, women who have had hysterectomies and men may take their temperatures any time.

97.8F - 98.2F (36.6 -36.8C) = Euthyroid (normal)

If your temperature falls below 97.8F (36.6C) then you should consult your GP or Practitioner.
Ok, I only have a digital thermometer and I know my normal oral reading is about 36.6 when I am in good health.

I have been very aware of this, but for different reasons. I have problems with kidney stones, repeated kidney infections etc, so I have taken my temperature a lot over the last year or so! My highest temperature was 40 C earlier this year, it was not nice
Old 24-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #57
mark1963

Sounds good, it may be worth while getting an old type thermometer and doing under the armpit though.

I have found differences with the two readings.

If you are completely happy though - good. Your diet sounds good, spirulina is excellent.

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 24-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #58
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Sounds good, it may be worth while getting an old type thermometer and doing under the armpit though.

I have found differences with the two readings.

If you are completely happy though - good. Your diet sounds good, spirulina is excellent.
I shall get an old school thermometer and give it a go! My diet is good apart from all the chocolate and cakes when it is my time of the month

I have been taking the spirulina for about a week, my skin has started to look really healthy and radiant the last couple of days, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Old 24-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #59
21_12_2012

Quote:
It appears to be charged form of iodine. I'm not sure how that affects it's efficacy though.

http://www.subtleenergytherapyuk.com...Iodine_pg.html

Let us know how you get on with Lugol's.
Thanks for the link.
I had 6 drops today, first time, and i didn't feel at all tired all day, felt mentally boosted, don't know if I would've felt the same without it or not, but I will know after a few days of using it. So far so good anyway.
Thanks.
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #60
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks for the link.
I had 6 drops today, first time, and i didn't feel at all tired all day, felt mentally boosted, don't know if I would've felt the same without it or not, but I will know after a few days of using it. So far so good anyway.
Thanks.
Thanks for posting your experience