Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #61
al209
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,764
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldfunk View Post
I havent an f'ing clue what you are talking about,, but im guessing that other guy was wrong.

Like I said im not suffering an excess of fat, thats alls I know on that.
No, the other guy was right about fat preventing glucose uptake.

You are confusing the level of fat in your diet with the level of fat in your blood. Two different things.
__________________
I got 99 problems but fructose ain't one

Last edited by al209; 15-06-2013 at 03:12 PM.
al209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #62
newworldfunk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 649
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al209 View Post
No, the other guy was right about fat preventing glucose uptake.

You are confusing the level of fat in your diet with the level of fat in your blood. Two different things.
so how do I know if I have too much fat in my blood?
newworldfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #63
al209
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,764
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldfunk View Post
so how do I know if I have too much fat in my blood?
A blood test for non-esterified fatty acids if you want to be certain, but your reaction to carbohydrate is a big clue.
__________________
I got 99 problems but fructose ain't one

Last edited by al209; 15-06-2013 at 03:32 PM.
al209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #64
newworldfunk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 649
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al209 View Post
A blood test for non-esterified fatty acids if you want to be certain, but your reaction to carbohydrate is a big clue.
I would say I feel I need carbs as much as the next person, and depriving myself of them makes me a bit foggy, weak feeling.
newworldfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #65
al209
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,764
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldfunk View Post
I would say I feel I need carbs as much as the next person, and depriving myself of them makes me a bit foggy, weak feeling.
Well, don't deprive yourself then! Carbs are awesome, give me sugar over fat any day.
__________________
I got 99 problems but fructose ain't one
al209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #66
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldfunk View Post
I can post an old link I did ages ago to y fat level readings but it would be pointless, I remember from soe bloodwork I had I was generally told to get ore fat as my cholesterol was stupidly low which was in turn inhibiting my testosterone a bit.

I aint getting too much fat, not even now and im eating way more red meat.
It would be impossible me to tell you what's wrong with you but I was simply explaining the reasoning behind; "If you have candida for more than a few hours then whatever is wrong with you is stopping the sugar from getting to the cells".

Could be your pancreas, could simply be the fat it could be many things but the fact remains, no-one has super ultra candida that magically lives for weeks or months. The yeast can only keep the colony up if there is enough food for it and normal digestion does not have the problem of the sugar staying there too long.
__________________
Who are we?
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #67
newworldfunk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 649
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclamatio View Post
It would be impossible me to tell you what's wrong with you but I was simply explaining the reasoning behind; "If you have candida for more than a few hours then whatever is wrong with you is stopping the sugar from getting to the cells".

Could be your pancreas, could simply be the fat it could be many things but the fact remains, no-one has super ultra candida that magically lives for weeks or months. The yeast can only keep the colony up if there is enough food for it and normal digestion does not have the problem of the sugar staying there too long.

something I often wonder when im here but..

how do you know all this stuff?
newworldfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #68
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldfunk View Post
something I often wonder when im here but..

how do you know all this stuff?
Mostly because of the work of other great men and women, every day I'm reading and listening to talks. Since I was about 14 I've been extremely interested in health and physical performance, even back then my paper round money went on 2 things, martial arts training and books. At 16 I started coaching in martial arts and lifestyle, since then I've worked directly with a couple thousand people.
__________________
Who are we?
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #69
tildatod
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: A sunless world
Posts: 10,674
Likes: 3,220 (1,898 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclamatio View Post
Because candida only lives for a few hours, it flourishes to mop up excess blood sugar in the event it's getting "stuck" there. When the excess sugar is gone the candida signs off.

In a normal body sugar doesn't get stuck in the blood, it goes from the intestines into the blood and then into the cells to be used as fuel. If there is too much fat in ones diet then you cannot uptake, transport or deliver sugar efficiently, this will lead to blood sugar problems, insulin sensitivity etc. You can either stop eating sugar (and starve all healthy and unhealthy cells alike) or simply restrict your fat intake to healthy levels.

Candida only lives for a few hours? How/where did you learn this from Exclamatio? Being a fungus, it constantly reproduces/regenerates/grows.

There are people who eat very little fat, but who still have candida overgrowth.

I followed the guidelines of cutting out sugars and it helped tremendously. I never ate much fatty foods if any.
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #70
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Candida only lives for a few hours? How/where did you learn this from Exclamatio? Being a fungus, it constantly reproduces/regenerates/grows.

There are people who eat very little fat, but who still have candida overgrowth.

I followed the guidelines of cutting out sugars and it helped tremendously. I never ate much fatty foods if any.
Yeah too much fat in your diet is just one way to keep the colony up as it stops you getting sugar out of the blood. When I say candida only lives for a few hours I mean in a few hours its job is typically done, when its food supply is gone the colony will reduce in size. We always have candida in us but when it's a problem when it flares up and stays there.
__________________
Who are we?
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #71
newworldfunk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 649
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclamatio View Post
Yeah too much fat in your diet is just one way to keep the colony up as it stops you getting sugar out of the blood. When I say candida only lives for a few hours I mean in a few hours its job is typically done, when its food supply is gone the colony will reduce in size. We always have candida in us but when it's a problem when it flares up and stays there.
so what do you do if you need more fat but also have candida overgrowth?
newworldfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #72
exclamatio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 14 (5 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldfunk View Post
so what do you do if you need more fat but also have candida overgrowth?
The quickest way to heal many things is by fasting so you could try a short fast to get at least some healing done. Then you could add high quality plant sources of fatty acids, get your organic greens bought and if you're like me then forage your ass off for more!

Keep the soluble fibre high by consuming your fruit and veg whole, blending is cool but stay away from juicing 'till you're better. You need the fibre because without it you're going to keep getting sugar spikes and the candida will be all like "cheers mate!", with the soluble fibre it's gonna be easier to keep the candida down by moderating the rate which sugar gets into your blood.
__________________
Who are we?
exclamatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #73
amberleaf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,865
Likes: 260 (136 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Apart from the fact that his theory sounds dubious (because even fruit on its own is very pro-candida), eating fruit that is grown in hot climates is not good for the body - during our cold Springs, Summers and Winters (no sunlight to use for vitamin D production). When one consumes foods high in potassium, it means that the body will fail to make its own weak form of vitamin D.


http://www.straight.com/life/naturop...-make-you-sick
Would you say this is also true of mediterranean genetics? eg my husband's ancestors are mediterranean, would he not be more suited to that diet even in winter?
amberleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #74
tildatod
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: A sunless world
Posts: 10,674
Likes: 3,220 (1,898 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberleaf View Post
Would you say this is also true of mediterranean genetics? eg my husband's ancestors are mediterranean, would he not be more suited to that diet even in winter?
It depends perhaps on where you're living as well? If you ARE currently living in sunny climes with lots of sunshine on your skin, then fear not. If you're in the cold dark UK, then avoid fruit in winter. I eat very little fruit if any in winter. I need all the vitamin D I can get, and am already low in it.

Darker skins actually need more sunshine to make vitamin D, so if your husband is a darker skinned person, he's likely to have lower vitamin D levels...if you're in a cold climate at present AND he tends to eat poorly, lots of fruit and so on.

A phenomenal book I always recommend is Eating Alive II by Jonn Matsen. He explain a lot of stuff, in ways the average person can understand, about digestion, food, vitamins, the liver, and how we can help our livers. The liver is usually over-burdened and as it can never manage to do its job properly thanks to being bombarded with toxins by way of air, food, drink and so on...it ends up dumping toxins back into the blood. A carousel of toxins ensues, people develop more allergies, more health problems and so on. Matsen explains in minute and painstaking detail for example how people develop blocked arteries and it soon becomes clear why eating well is vital. It's not easy to stick to a healthy diet for many reasons, but the benefits are immense.

tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #75
sukiari
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,599
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldfunk View Post
I went and clicked one of the banners on this site.. I know thats something I shouldnt bother doing (on any site), and alo and behold this one was a candida related one.. all about these chitin synthesis inhibitors (pills), that supposedly allow your immune system to kill candida fungus "if you have it" by lowering candida's ... shield/shell/whatever the f you want to call it..

I cant decide for myself if its bollocks as I was about to cough up and try some, especially after reading how there isnt an effective method to test for candida as "technically" we all have it anyway in yeast form.. its just when it gets to overload (fungus) stage tgat it becomes a problem.

Then there is this guy on youtube talking about how the only way to get rid is by eating purely non starchy vegetables and fruit (on its own) for a while, and basically any other diet aimed at killing off candida isnt really effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avs2o8TTP_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JlvI3Ygxo


The thing that really sticks in my side the most is the first example (the banner I clicked on from this site) indicates that candida is the cause of many other health problems over time, where's....

the dude on youtube is saying that candida is more of an after effect and not so much a precursor to many illnesses, but rather a byproduct of something else that may be wrong or out of balance..

which is it? both? any? does it matter?

How the f do you go about cleansing of candida fungus (there doesnt seem to be a legit way to test for it as we all have the yeast form of it popping up in different ratios), but how can you cure yourself just incase?

Why does it feel like researching further on this topic is going to take me round in circles?
Cures for candida are like assholes, everybody has one. Additionally there are lots of self-diagnosed candida sufferers that tried some magic bullet and whatever their problem was, candida or not, eventually went away so their cure is added to the list.
sukiari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 04:46 AM   #76
fishin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,241
Likes: 13 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiari View Post
Cures for candida are like assholes, everybody has one. Additionally there are lots of self-diagnosed candida sufferers that tried some magic bullet and whatever their problem was, candida or not, eventually went away so their cure is added to the list.
+1
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #77
newworldfunk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 649
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I think candida oergrowth is a myth..

fuck it...... information overload just isnt worth it...
newworldfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.