Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Big Brother / Microchipping / Problem-Reaction-Solution

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #201
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Former FEC Chairwoman Calls for ‘Regulations’ of Political Speech on the Internet
By Ian Miles Cheong | 4:50 pm, April 14, 2017

The former Federal Election Commission chairwoman Ann M. Ravel says that political speech must be controlled on social media. She presented her remarks in a speech at UC Berkeley, calling for regulations against “fake news.”

Speaking at an event called “Future of Democracy,” Ravel argued the proliferation of “fake news” and political advertising on platforms like Facebook influenced elections. She warned that the lack of disclosure by the creators of these campaigns was becoming a huge problem.

“We know that there’s a lot of campaigning that’s moved to the internet, whether it’s through fake news or just outright advertising and there is almost no regulation of this, very little,” she said. “And so that the disclosure that we expect as to who is behind campaigns is not going to exist soon”
https://heatst.com/politics/former-f...-the-internet/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 06:19 PM   #202
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

The 25 Rules of Disinformation
By WakingTimes April 17, 2017
Isaac Davis, Staff Writer

11 Tactics Used by the Mainstream Media to Manufacture Consent for the Oligarchy

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Regardless of what you know, don’t discuss it — especially if you are a public figure, news anchor, etc. If it’s not reported, it didn’t happen, and you never have to deal with the issues.

2. Become incredulous and indignant. Avoid discussing key issues and instead focus on side issues which can be used show the topic as being critical of some otherwise sacrosanct group or theme. This is also known as the “How dare you!” gambit.

3. Create rumor mongers. Avoid discussing issues by describing all charges, regardless of venue or evidence, as mere rumors and wild accusations. Other derogatory terms mutually exclusive of truth may work as well. This method works especially well with a silent press, because the only way the public can learn of the facts are through such “arguable rumors”. If you can associate the material with the Internet, use this fact to certify it a “wild rumor” which can have no basis in fact.

4. Use a straw man. Find or create a seeming element of your opponent’s argument which you can easily knock down to make yourself look good and the opponent to look bad. Either make up an issue you may safely imply exists based on your interpretation of the opponent/opponent arguments/situation, or select the weakest aspect of the weakest charges. Amplify their significance and destroy them in a way which appears to debunk all the charges, real and fabricated alike, while actually avoiding discussion of the real issues.

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This is also known as the primary attack the messenger ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents with unpopular titles such as “kooks”, “right-wing”, “liberal”, “left-wing”, “terrorists”, “conspiracy buffs”, “radicals”, “militia”, “racists”, “religious fanatics”, “sexual deviates”, and so forth. This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label, and you avoid dealing with issues.

6. Hit and Run. In any public forum, make a brief attack of your opponent or the opponent position and then scamper off before an answer can be fielded, or simply ignore any answer. This works extremely well in Internet and letters-to-the-editor environments where a steady stream of new identities can be called upon without having to explain criticism reasoning — simply make an accusation or other attack, never discussing issues, and never answering any subsequent response, for that would dignify the opponent’s viewpoint.

7. Question motives. Twist or amplify any fact which could so taken to imply that the opponent operates out of a hidden personal agenda or other bias. This avoids discussing issues and forces the accuser on the defensive.

8. Invoke authority. Claim for yourself or associate yourself with authority and present your argument with enough “jargon” and “minutiae” to illustrate you are “one who knows”, and simply say it isn’t so without discussing issues or demonstrating concretely why or citing sources.

9. Play Dumb. No matter what evidence or logical argument is offered, avoid discussing issues with denial they have any credibility, make any sense, provide any proof, contain or make a point, have logic, or support a conclusion. Mix well for maximum effect.

10. Associate opponent charges with old news. A derivative of the straw man usually, in any large-scale matter of high visibility, someone will make charges early on which can be or were already easily dealt with. Where it can be foreseen, have your own side raise a straw man issue and have it dealt with early on as part of the initial contingency plans. Subsequent charges, regardless of validity or new ground uncovered, can usually them be associated with the original charge and dismissed as simply being a rehash without need to address current issues — so much the better where the opponent is or was involved with the original source.

11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions. Using a minor matter or element of the facts, take the “high road” and “confess” with candor that some innocent mistake, in hindsight, was made — but that opponents have seized on the opportunity to blow it all out of proportion and imply greater criminalities which, “just isn’t so.” Others can reinforce this on your behalf, later. Done properly, this can garner sympathy and respect for “coming clean” and “owning up” to your mistakes without addressing more serious issues.

12. Enigmas have no solution. Drawing upon the overall umbrella of events surrounding the crime and the multitude of players and events, paint the entire affair as too complex to solve. This causes those otherwise following the matter to begin to loose interest more quickly without having to address the actual issues.

13. Alice in Wonderland Logic. Avoid discussion of the issues by reasoning backwards with an apparent deductive logic in a way that forbears any actual material fact.

14. Demand complete solutions. Avoid the issues by requiring opponents to solve the crime at hand completely, a ploy which works best for items qualifying for rule 10.

15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions. This requires creative thinking unless the crime was planned with contingency conclusions in place.

16. Vanishing evidence and witnesses. If it does not exist, it is not fact, and you won’t have to address the issue.

17. Change the subject. Usually in connection with one of the other ploys listed here, find a way to side-track the discussion with abrasive or controversial comments in hopes of turning attention to a new, more manageable topic. This works especially well with companions who can “argue” with you over the new topic and polarize the discussion arena in order to avoid discussing more key issues.

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad Opponents. If you can’t do anything else, chide and taunt your opponents and draw them into emotional responses which will tend to make them look foolish and overly motivated, and generally render their material somewhat less coherent. Not only will you avoid discussing the issues in the first instance, but even if their emotional response addresses the issue, you can further avoid the issues by then focusing on how “sensitive they are to criticism”.

19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a variant of the “play dumb” rule. Regardless of what material may be presented by an opponent in public forums, claim the material irrelevant and demand proof that is impossible for the opponent to come by (it may exist, but not be at his disposal, or it may be something which is known to be safely destroyed or withheld, such as a murder weapon). In order to completely avoid discussing issues may require you to categorically deny and be critical of media or books as valid sources, deny that witnesses are acceptable, or even deny that statements made by government or other authorities have any meaning or relevance.

20. False evidence. Whenever possible, introduce new facts or clues designed and manufactured to conflict with opponent presentations as useful tools to neutralize sensitive issues or impede resolution. This works best when the crime was designed with contingencies for the purpose, and the facts cannot be easily separated from the fabrications.

21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor, or other empowered investigative body. Subvert the (process) to your benefit and effectively neutralize all sensitive issues without open discussion. Once convened, the evidence and testimony are required to be secret when properly handled. For instance, if you own the prosecuting attorney, it can insure a Grand Jury hears no useful evidence and that the evidence is sealed an unavailable to subsequent investigators. Once a favorable verdict (usually, this technique is applied to find the guilty innocent, but it can also be used to obtain charges when seeking to frame a victim) is achieved, the matter can be considered officially closed.

22. Manufacture a new truth. Create your own expert(s), group(s), author(s), leader(s) or influence existing ones willing to forge new ground via scientific, investigative, or social research or testimony which concludes favorably. In this way, if you must actually address issues, you can do so authoritatively.

23. Create bigger distractions. If the above does not seem to be working to distract from sensitive issues, or to prevent unwanted media coverage of unstoppable events such as trials, create bigger news stories (or treat them as such) to distract the multitudes.

24. Silence critics. If the above methods do not prevail, consider removing opponents from circulation by some definitive solution so that the need to address issues is removed entirely. This can be by their death, arrest and detention, blackmail or destruction of their character by release of blackmail information, or merely by proper intimidation with blackmail or other threats.

25. Vanish. If you are a key holder of secrets or otherwise overly illuminated and you think the heat is getting too hot, to avoid the issues, vacate the kitchen.
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/04/1...isinformation/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
Likes: (3)
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #203
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Assange: CIA Director Declares War on Free Speech
By Greg Richter | Tuesday, 25 Apr 2017 10:44 PM

CIA Director Mike Pompeo is waging war on free speech in his attacks on WikiLeaks, the website's editor wrote Tuesday at The Washington Post.

Julian Assange said Pompeo was wrong when he said the WikiLeaks publisher has no First Amendment rights because he is not an American citizen.

"It underscores just how dangerous it is for an unelected official whose agency's work is rooted in lying and misdirection to be the sole arbiter of the truth and the interpreter of the Constitution," Assange said.

Pompeo is an unelected public servant, and for him to demonize a publisher such as WikiLeaks as a "fraud," "coward" and "enemy," should put all journalists on notice, Assange added.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Wik.../25/id/786407/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
Likes: (1)
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #204
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Soros-Linked Chobani Yogurt Sues Alex Jones, Infowars Amid Refugee Rape Fallout

__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #205
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Did The British Government Just Ask Facebook to “Influence” the Election?
by IWB · Published April 27, 2017 · Updated April 28, 2017

In possibly the most bizarre behavior that many of us are likely to see from a supposed Democratic government, a Government official has asked Facebook to begin taking down “Fake News” faster and faster because people who use it as a news source “might be misled”.

Chairman of the Commons culture, media and sport select committee, Damian Collins suggested that this Fake News could pose a Threat to the “the integrity of democracy”. He cited as his motivating factor the recent events in the US election (as reported in the Guardian):

“The risk is what happened in America,the top 20 fake news stories in the last three months of the election were shared more than the top 20 most shared stories that were true. The danger is, if for many people the main source of news is Facebook and if the news they get on Facebook is mostly fake news, they could be voting based on lies.”

But who are the people deciding what are lies and what are truths. Most things in life and the media come down to an interpretation or a specific choice of wording; this is why politicians are always so precise in their choice of words. And in this case, the UK government is not even suggesting that itself become the arbiter of what is real and what is not, it is offering this role to a bunch of strangers who happen to work at Facebook. What makes them the moral arbiters of our time?
http://investmentwatchblog.com/did-t...-the-election/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
Likes: (1)
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #206
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

scumbags...

Monsanto accused of hiring army of trolls to silence online dissent – court papers
Published time: 2 May, 2017 15:15
Edited time: 2 May, 2017 19:30

Biotech giant Monsanto is being accused of hiring, through third parties, an army of Internet trolls to counter negative comments, while citing positive “ghost-written” pseudo-scientific reports which downplay the potential risks of their products.

The documents emerged during pre-trials on 50 lawsuits against Monsanto which were pending in the US District Court in San Francisco. The plaintiffs allege that exposure to the biotech giant’s flagship product, the herbicide Roundup, caused them or their relatives to develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma, while Monsanto concealed the potential risks.

In March, a judge ruled, despite Monsanto’s objections, that the documents obtained by the plaintiffs could be released. The court papers are being gathered at the website of food-safety whistleblower organization US Right to Know.

The plaintiffs alleged that Monsanto targeted all online materials and even social media comments that indicate potential dangers of its products, according to one document released late in April.

“Monsanto even started the aptly-named ‘Let Nothing Go’ program to leave nothing, not even Facebook comments, unanswered; through a series of third parties, it employs individuals who appear to have no connection to the industry, who in turn post positive comments on news articles and Facebook posts, defending Monsanto, its chemicals, and GMOs,” the document reads.

On a larger scale, Monsanto allegedly “quietly funnels money to ‘think tanks’ such as the ‘Genetic Literacy Project’ and the ‘American Council on Science and Health”– organizations intended to shame scientists and highlight information helpful to Monsanto and other chemical producers,” according to the plaintiffs.

The accusations are backed by a batch of emails, used in court as evidence, which were written by some Monsanto executives, instructing the staff to “ghost-write” articles and then have some “independent scientists” just sign their names under the “study” in order to reduce costs.

read on here https://www.rt.com/usa/386858-monsan...ampaign=chrome
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #207
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

NYT Cheers the Rise of Censorship Algorithms
May 2, 2017

Exclusive: The New York Times is cheering on the Orwellian future for Western “democracy” in which algorithms quickly hunt down and eliminate information that the Times and other mainstream outlets don’t like, reports Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

Just days after sporting First Amendment pins at the White House Correspondents Dinner – to celebrate freedom of the press – the mainstream U.S. media is back to celebrating a very different idea: how to use algorithms to purge the Internet of what is deemed “fake news,” i.e. what the mainstream judges to be “misinformation.”

The New York Times, one of the top promoters of this new Orwellian model for censorship, devoted two-thirds of a page in its Tuesday editions to a laudatory piece about high-tech entrepreneurs refining artificial intelligence that can hunt down and eradicate supposedly “fake news.”

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/05/0...ip-algorithms/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #208
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Leaked: The UK's secret blueprint with telcos for mass spying on internet, phones – and backdoors
Real-time full-blown snooping with breakable encryption

4 May 2017 at 19:33, Kieren McCarthy

The UK government has secretly drawn up more details of its new bulk surveillance powers – awarding itself the ability to monitor Brits' live communications, and insert encryption backdoors by the backdoor.

In its draft technical capability notices paper [PDF], all communications companies – including phone networks and ISPs – will be obliged to provide real-time access to the full content of any named individual within one working day, as well as any "secondary data" relating to that person.

That includes encrypted content – which means that UK organizations will not be allowed to introduce true end-to-end encryption of their users' data but will be legally required to introduce a backdoor to their systems so the authorities can read any and all communications.

In addition, comms providers will be required to make bulk surveillance possible by introducing systems that can provide real-time interception of 1 in 10,000 of its customers. Or in other words, the UK government will be able to simultaneously spy on 6,500 folks in Blighty at any given moment.

read on here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05..._powers_draft/

New powers could allow British cyber spooks to spy on you in real time, without encryption
Published time: 5 May, 2017 16:09
Edited time: 6 May, 2017 15:21

The British government is seeking new powers to remove encryption and force phone networks and internet service providers (ISPs) to give real-time access to a named individual’s content within one working day.

‘Secondary data’ relating to any suspect would also have to be handed over.

The draft paper, which was leaked to digital freedom campaigners Open Rights Group, could be made law and included as part of the much-criticized Investigatory Powers Act.
https://www.rt.com/uk/387277-cyber-s...-surveillance/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 08-05-2017 at 09:32 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #209
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Facebook deletes thousands of UK accounts in crackdown on fake news
By James Titcomb
8 May 2017 • 5:00am

Facebook has deleted thousands of UK accounts and overhauled its news feed in an attempt to battle fake news, following vocal criticism of the internet giant’s role in the phenomenon.

The social network has been under pressure to address “false news” in recent months, following concerns about its impact on elections in the US and Europe and fears that it could undermine advertisers’ confidence in Facebook.

On Monday, Facebook will announced a new drive to tackle fake news in the UK, just a month before Brits go to the polls. It says it has introduced technology to better identify accounts that spread spam or fake news, such as detecting patterns of those that repeatedly post the same things, and deleted “tens of thousands” in response.
read on here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...own-fake-news/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 08-05-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Likes: (1)
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #210
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:11 AM   #211
raburgeson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,426
Likes: 470 (316 Posts)
Default

Blatant lies from fake news is coming faster than ever.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ernment-spends

The government is missing trillions and can't find it so, channels are trying to convince you you can track money. Get out your crystal ball or your bullshitometer.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #212
elshaper
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 25,965
Likes: 5,575 (3,762 Posts)
Default Hard truth

Truth: If you are not solving problems, then you are a part of the problem.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #213
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Truth: If you are not solving problems, then you are a part of the problem.
First you have to understand there is a problem. Then you have to identify what that problem is. Once you have done that you can strategise a response

This thread is about helping people to the realisation that there IS a problem. The clip below looks at how youtube is demonitising videos that they deem unsuitable for advertisers. they say that to be advertiser friendly it must appeal to everyone....but NOTHING appeals to everyone as people are all different. No matter what you say you will upset someone somewhere...that is the nature of humans and this reality we live in

YouTube Continues Demonetizing Almost All Political Speech

__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 12-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #214
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

EU ministers approve plans to force social media companies to tackle hate speech
Published time: 23 May, 2017 19:15
Edited time: 24 May, 2017 18:12

European Union ministers have approved plans to force social media companies to combat hate speech on their platforms. It comes a day after Facebook's internal guide for tackling such behavior was leaked.

The proposals, approved by ministers on Tuesday, mark the first attempt at legislating at EU level on the issue of hate speech across social media, according to Reuters. However, the plans still need to be ratified by the European Parliament before becoming law.

If the proposals are passed, social media companies including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube would be forced to take measures to prevent hate speech, incitement to hatred, and content justifying terrorism.

"We need to take into account new ways of watching videos, and find the right balance to encourage innovative services, promote European films, protect children and tackle hate speech in a better way," Andrus Ansip, EU Commission Vice-President for the digital single market, said on Tuesday, as quoted by Reuters.

The move comes after Facebook's internal guide for combating hate speech was leaked online with its rules baffling many over its seemingly inconsistent policy direction.
https://www.rt.com/news/389477-eu-facebook-hate-speech/
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #215
JustMe418
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,558
Likes: 683 (482 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
Facebook deletes thousands of UK accounts in crackdown on fake news
By James Titcomb
8 May 2017 • 5:00am

Facebook has deleted thousands of UK accounts and overhauled its news feed in an attempt to battle fake news, following vocal criticism of the internet giant’s role in the phenomenon.

The social network has been under pressure to address “false news” in recent months, following concerns about its impact on elections in the US and Europe and fears that it could undermine advertisers’ confidence in Facebook.

On Monday, Facebook will announced a new drive to tackle fake news in the UK, just a month before Brits go to the polls. It says it has introduced technology to better identify accounts that spread spam or fake news, such as detecting patterns of those that repeatedly post the same things, and deleted “tens of thousands” in response.
read on here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...own-fake-news/
I think thats a good ideas as I get sick of seeing some shit being pushed out by people with clearly false accounts. You cant go into some groups without people spamming shit all over the place.
__________________
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #216
JustMe418
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,558
Likes: 683 (482 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
EU ministers approve plans to force social media companies to tackle hate speech
Published time: 23 May, 2017 19:15
Edited time: 24 May, 2017 18:12

European Union ministers have approved plans to force social media companies to combat hate speech on their platforms. It comes a day after Facebook's internal guide for tackling such behavior was leaked.

The proposals, approved by ministers on Tuesday, mark the first attempt at legislating at EU level on the issue of hate speech across social media, according to Reuters. However, the plans still need to be ratified by the European Parliament before becoming law.

If the proposals are passed, social media companies including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube would be forced to take measures to prevent hate speech, incitement to hatred, and content justifying terrorism.

"We need to take into account new ways of watching videos, and find the right balance to encourage innovative services, promote European films, protect children and tackle hate speech in a better way," Andrus Ansip, EU Commission Vice-President for the digital single market, said on Tuesday, as quoted by Reuters.

The move comes after Facebook's internal guide for combating hate speech was leaked online with its rules baffling many over its seemingly inconsistent policy direction.
https://www.rt.com/news/389477-eu-facebook-hate-speech/
Cant see a problem with this.
__________________
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #217
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe418 View Post
Cant see a problem with this.

Perhaps one day when you make an innocent post on a forum (maybe even this forum) that is doing no more than giving your personal opinion on any given subject only to find that, that opinion goes directly against what is defined as 'Hate speech' and you get a knock on your front door from the local thought police, maybe then you will see the problem.

This is the thin slice of the wedge. Can you not see that?
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #218
tinfoil hat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,004
Likes: 1,234 (713 Posts)
Default

With a bit of luck they will clamp down on it so hard that no one will use Facebook at all.

Then we could go back to the days of speaking to those that we know, in front of us, rather than reading what some idiot stranger had for dinner while we sit with our friends or families.

Kids might not be as quick to kill themselves after constant bullying on it.

Pipe dream, I know.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #219
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Default

getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #220
tinfoil hat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,004
Likes: 1,234 (713 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
Perhaps one day when you make an innocent post on a forum (maybe even this forum) that is doing no more than giving your personal opinion on any given subject only to find that, that opinion goes directly against what is defined as 'Hate speech' and you get a knock on your front door from the local thought police, maybe then you will see the problem.

This is the thin slice of the wedge. Can you not see that?

Not all bad, we may end up going back to the days when we respected privacy and didn't have the government reading everything we discuss.

Y'know, not on the internet.
Its useless anyway when they know what you're planning before you do it.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.