Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 08-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #21
lizzyking

It might be more appropriate for the right brain thread that is in a different forum, but to say right brain is more preferable to left brain is bollocks. Both have value and importance.
lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
ragnarok
Banned

But unlike love and marriage, you can't have one without the other.
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #23
lizzyking

I don't think judging is a bad quality, I've just found my self at the blunt end of it one too many times in relationships.

Everybody uses judging, whether its dominant over perception or not. A simplistic example: one goes to the market, looks at bin full of fruits, and judges which ones are over-ripe, which ones are under-ripe, and so on. When applied to people though, sometimes there is a tendency to not look below the surface, by some hardcore judging types.. at least until they become more mature. And of course sometimes I am too quick to give somebody the benefit of the doubt and end up getting screwed over sometimes.

Last edited by lizzyking; 08-07-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #24
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by white zombie View Post
This test as accurate now as it was five year ago when I took it first. I have a feeling this forum will generate a lot of the same rare personality types, too much for coincidence. Could be interesting.

Take test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Heres the 16 personality types in case you just want to read them http://typelogic.com/enfp.html or http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

I still get INFJ which it assures me is the rarest personality type at 1% of the population
INFJs scare me. Adolf Hitler was an INFJ. So is my mother. lol. Just kidding

I bet you find a disproportionate amount of INFJ and INTJ, followed by INFP (dreamer types) and INTP. With a spattering of other Intuitives, such as myself and Zenith. AndyH is ENTJ, IIRC. iNtuitives, being a rare type in-and-of-itself (75% of population being sensing type, the balance being intuitives), seem to gravitate to each other, and are more common on internet forums. The S(ensing) types probably spend more time in chats when they are online and probaby have less interest in forums (generally speaking, there are always exceptions) its seems generally easier for intuitives to relate to other intuitives for whatever reason. Perhaps they generally tend to have higher than average intelligence in some aspects too, related to abstract thinking and such. INTJs and INTPs tend to have highest intelligence on average (according to Western Standards of what intelligence means), but not exclusively.

Last edited by lizzyking; 08-07-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #25
ragnarok
Banned

Anyone done a study on what class/es serious criminals fall under?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #26
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
Anyone done a study on what class/es serious criminals fall under?

I imagine so, but not aware of it. If I am not mistaken, at one time intelligence in general was equated with criminality in the lower socioeconomic classes. Ruling class would rather have dumb bots who question nothing, laboring below them.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #27
ragnarok
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyking View Post
I imagine so, but not aware of it. If I am not mistaken, at one time intelligence in general was equated with criminality in the lower socioeconomic classes. Ruling class would rather have dumb bots who question nothing, laboring below them.
That's only because the real criminals, ie. those who stole land by force and the resources therein, didn't accept what they did as being criminal. "Real" criminal acts were something the desperate and downtrodden committed.

Last edited by ragnarok; 08-07-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #28
white zombie
Inactive

Cheers for all the info LizzyKing

Results so far

INFJ 4
INTP 1
INFP 1
ENFP 2

4 Judging Vs 4 Percepive
6/8 Introverted
7/8 Feeling
8/8 Big surprise so far - 100% Intuitive (I'm surprised we dont all hang out in the psychic forum )
white zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #29
lizzyking

Quote:
Cheers for all the info LizzyKing
You're welcome.

Quote:
Results so far

INFJ 4
INTP 1
INFP 1
ENFP 2

4 Judging Vs 4 Percepive
6/8 Introverted
7/8 Feeling
8/8 Big surprise so far - 100% Intuitive (I'm surprised we dont all hang out in the psychic forum )
Its an interesting topic actually, and I appreciate how you are sorting it insofar as responses. Not sure why you put it in laugh forum. That is to say, would probably get a better sample size in some place like the general forum.

But hey, here is some humor, anyway.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
gnat

^^^^^^oi i'm the INFP, whachootalkinbout?
gnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #31
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
I don't think you're the only one on the forums, so don't take it too personal
Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #32
gnat

Quote:
I don't think you're the only one on the forums, so don't take it too personal
So far the only one confirmed... I are shpeshulness
gnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #33
indica
Inactive

ENTP

You are:

slightly expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Famous people of your particular type
Richard Feynman, Thomas Edison, Leonardo da Vinci, James Cameron, Patricia Schroeder (politician)

Tbh, I don't think it fits me at all.
indica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #34
lizzyking

Quote:
So far the only one confirmed... I are shpeshulness
Well I am close, I always test ENFP, but usually score lowest on the extrovert part of the test, so perhaps am similar to an INFP at times. I actually think I was INFP when I was a child, reflecting back. I pretty much kept to myself even in social situations, always had an armful of books for friends, and one of my nicknames was "bookworm". These tests aren't static for many people. As many people themselves are not 'static' in a consistency sense, so, over the years if they retake, they'll likely get varied results. At least in scores if their actual typology doesn't change. Current situational contexts of the test subject might have an effect too, if said person adapts to their immediate environments.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #35
hugo_rune
Banned

INFJ here.

33-50-50-11 (hup-hup-hup!)

Some of the questions could have done with a third option: 'bit of both'
hugo_rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #36
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by indica View Post
ENTP

You are:

slightly expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Famous people of your particular type
Richard Feynman, Thomas Edison, Leonardo da Vinci, James Cameron, Patricia Schroeder (politician)

Tbh, I don't think it fits me at all.
Hi Indica, well, your type is in some good company. Why do you say that you don't think it fits you? Being slightly and moderately expressed on all portions might make some of it seem a little ambiguous tho, as in, you might have characteristics that are sometimes dominant related to the other side of the coin for each of the primary traits.

Heh, I remember I asked an ex to take the test out of curiosity, and she actually got pissed when the results came back as "INTJ". I'm not sure why, but I think the rarity of being a female INTJ made her feel like a misfit (and she really didn't want to perceive her self as such), and INTJs generally are perfectionists, so, the described "weaknesses" pissed her off, how dare they insinuate she might have a few blind-spots!

Anyway, its just a point of reference, its not a means for labeling people as such and such and pinning them down, everybody is an individual because of so many factors (soft science theoretical or otherwise) that would be tedious to get into here, and thus can't be pigeonholed into 16 typologies, although I do think there is something to it. It makes more sense to me then "pigeonholing" people into 12 astrological signs (but of course an avid fan of astrology will insist that is more complicated too....time and place of birth, and so forth).

Old 09-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #37
white zombie
Inactive

Quote:

Its an interesting topic actually, and I appreciate how you are sorting it insofar as responses. Not sure why you put it in laugh forum. That is to say, would probably get a better sample size in some place like the general forum.

But hey, here is some humor, anyway.

[IMG]image snipped
lol

meh, I assumed it didnt fit in so I dumped it here. It wont change the world but it might show people here that we have more common ground than we think.
white zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #38
infinite tea
Inactive

INFP like princess Diana

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity, Healers can often feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.
infinite tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #39
indica
Inactive

Quote:
Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are both funny and incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills. ENTPs tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. This sometimes confuses, even angers, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. ENTPs can be prone to "sharp practice" – especially cutting corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient – or, their juggling acts may simply be so over-ambitious they collapse.

Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys" -- physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. Once these have been "solved" or become too familiar, however, they’ll be replaced with new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they can become petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they regard as challenges, and tackle with determination.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. In general, however, they are genial, even charming, when not being harassed by life.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and suddenly with their loved ones. Some appear deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also quick to spot a kindred spirit, and good at acquiring friends of similar temperament and interests.

ENTPs may sometimes give the impression of being largely oblivious to the rest of humanity except as an audience: good, bad, or potential. In general this is unfair – but it can be difficult to get an ENTP’s attention when they’re not immediately aware of you, especially for an Introvert.

The best approach in communicating with an ENTP is to be straightforward. No games – they’ll win. No "pulling rank" – they’ll just want to put you in your place. No apologies – you’ll undermine yourself. Try "I need/want to talk to you."

holy fuck.. that does sound like me

Last edited by indica; 09-07-2011 at 08:16 PM.
indica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #40
lesleypumpshaft

Quote:
I am INFP too!