Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 01-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
techman

Default Flat Earth mentioned in tonight's Corrie

As my gf was watching Coronation St just (which thankfully I don't watch), I heard two characters (Kirk I think) saying "you don't think I'm one of those flat earthers do you?" or something like hat. Then they uttered the words "conspiracy theories". Now, why the hell would they want to mention flat earth in a soap for?. Is it a way of taking the piss, or are the writers tapping into our society's collective mindset, mainly as conspiracy theories (more than ever) now seem to be a popular topic of conversation?. Just now in the Rovers they mentioned Conspiracy Theories (Lord Lucan was mentioned).

It's also a clever way of labelling people who are already seen as a bit "dimwitted" (Kirk is seen as abit of a dopey character) and making them out to be people who are very good gullible and will believe anything they're told because they're not very bright or clever.

Last edited by techman; 01-10-2018 at 07:56 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
screamingeagle

imo tapping in coletive mindset.....people like to react >flatearth is psyop>gets mentioned on TV>more people gets dragded in trap that conspiraci people are crazy
Old 01-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
white light

Flat Earth has long been used as a ridicule motif. If it weren't happening nowadays that would be more remarkable than if it were.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
JustMe418

Flat earth is becoming a bit mainstream now and most people see it for what it is, the fringe lunacy of silly people.
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
techman

Couldn't have agreed more with what you all said there, pretty much as I would see it.

And of course, because flat earth is such an outlandish and ridiculous theory (which it is imo), then most people are gonna then assume everything else is ridiculous and far fetched.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
As my gf was watching Coronation St just (which thankfully I don't watch), I heard two characters (Kirk I think) saying "you don't think I'm one of those flat earthers do you?" or something like hat. Then they uttered the words "conspiracy theories".
We all like to watch stuff, when our GF's are watching it, techman. It's a thing we do, or an old charter, or a something or other that we can't help, but have to deny at every turn.

Love it or List It, Undateables and Four in a Bed fall into the same category. we all watch them, but feign to admit it

(Knowing the names of the characters is a dead give away man - never admit to knowing the names of the characters. Not even under SAS style interigationing. Knowing Kirsty and Phil's names is ok though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe418 View Post
Flat earth is becoming a bit mainstream now and most people see it for what it is, the fringe lunacy of silly people.
Unfortunately, as Flatards tend to infiltrate Conspiracy / Truth boards, it is Conspiracy and Truth that is being tarnished with the lunacy brush too.

Last edited by merlincove; 02-10-2018 at 09:02 AM.
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #7
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
We all like to watch stuff, when our GF's are watching it, techman. It's a thing we do, or an old charter, or a something or other that we can't help, but have to deny at every turn.

Love it or List It, Undateables and Four in a Bed fall into the same category. we all watch them, but feign to admit it

(Knowing the names of the characters is a dead give away man - never admit to knowing the names of the characters. Not even under SAS style interigationing. Knowing Kirsty and Phil's names is ok though.)

Unfortunately, as Flatards tend to infiltrate Conspiracy / Truth boards, it is Conspiracy and Truth that is being tarnished with the lunacy brush too.
Shrewd obsevation as usual.
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #8
ianw

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Shrewd obsevation as usual.
No such thing as bad advertising, corrie does pull in the viewers.
Any body seeing what was said on corrie and wanted to know what was being discussed about FE wont be coming to these boards and as its been pointed out on a few threads the forum is a little quiet.
The shrewd have decided the masses are just too plain dumb to tell the difference between true conspiracy and outlandish theory, shrewd indeed.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #9
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
No such thing as bad advertising, corrie does pull in the viewers.
Any body seeing what was said on corrie and wanted to know what was being discussed about FE wont be coming to these boards and as its been pointed out on a few threads the forum is a little quiet.
The shrewd have decided the masses are just too plain dumb to tell the difference between true conspiracy and outlandish theory, shrewd indeed.

mnn I think you missed the point.
I was referring shrewd to merlin's ability to spot those who watches corrie in secret but admit that they don't.
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 02-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
ianw

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
mnn I think you missed the point.
I was referring shrewd to merlin's ability to spot those who watches corrie in secret but admit that they don't.
Not surprising i missed your point you have difficulty forming coherent sentences.

Admit
confess to be true or to be the case

Old 02-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #11
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
Not surprising i missed your point you have difficulty forming coherent sentences.

Admit
confess to be true or to be the case

When I am travelling between here and over there.... it gets difficult to put sentences together. This world is far limiting.
You should try travelling to other dimensions on day.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 16-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
bamboozooka

if they announced it was flat tomorrow i know i wouldn't be having a cognitive dissonance meltdown.

you only have to look at the comments section in the mail to spot those who think corrie is a documentory.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #13
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
As my gf was watching Coronation St just (which thankfully I don't watch), I heard two characters (Kirk I think) saying "you don't think I'm one of those flat earthers do you?" or something like hat. Then they uttered the words "conspiracy theories". Now, why the hell would they want to mention flat earth in a soap for?. Is it a way of taking the piss, or are the writers tapping into our society's collective mindset, mainly as conspiracy theories (more than ever) now seem to be a popular topic of conversation?. Just now in the Rovers they mentioned Conspiracy Theories (Lord Lucan was mentioned).

It's also a clever way of labelling people who are already seen as a bit "dimwitted" (Kirk is seen as abit of a dopey character) and making them out to be people who are very good gullible and will believe anything they're told because they're not very bright or clever.
i think the whole flat earth thing is pushed by deep state actors to poison the well of conspiracy research

they want to make people who explore conspiracys look like lunatics

'flat earth' has been graffitied on road signs the length of scotland and i find it very strange that if someone wanted to highlight a conspiracy and were willing to deface public property in order to do so that they would pick that theory of all of them to push

i would not be surprised if deep state actors were behind the graffiti
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #14
noncooperation

People who are SO sure the world is a ball should do their research - there is actually 'very' little REAL evidence out there to support the ball.

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 07:58 AM   #15
techman

I'm glad you mentioned the grafitii, though this may not be the same as what you're suggesting, but there's a place not far from me that has all kinds of grafitii written all over a motorway tunnel. It's the only place where I've seen conspiratorial style graffiti written. Written on either side of this tunnel you can walk through (which is in a recreation park) are stuff like Agenda 21, Govt staged terror, things like that. Haven't seen anything to do with flat earth though. Personally I don't think this example is the work of insiders, probably the work of local scalys who are into conspiracy theories. I wonder what people must think when they walk through this tunnel. Most people scoff at graffittii, but I suppose in some way it's a good way of getting word out people especially with stuff we talk about here. No doubt some will take note of words like Agenda 21 and go home and do their own research.

Like I said, this is the only place I've seen this kind of thing, most of the time it's the usual crap they write. I suppose it depends on where you live. I find people living in rough estates seem to be more "awake" than people who are more wrapped up in their own comfort zone bubble with their fancy jobs etc.

Last edited by techman; 19-10-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #16
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
People who are SO sure the world is a ball should do their research - there is actually 'very' little REAL evidence out there to support the ball.
Fail
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
eurosianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #17
sevenhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
Gravity is quite a good piece of evidence.
Old 21-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #18
kiwi_

kiwi_ is offline   Reply With Quote