Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Big Brother / Microchipping / Problem-Reaction-Solution

Old 06-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #81
turquoisefire777

Is Your Smart Meter Causing Involuntary Spasms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhF6C...layer_embedded
turquoisefire777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #82
turquoisefire777

Electrical Engineer Sues Power Company Over Smart Meter
http://www.infowars.com/electrical-e...r-smart-meter/
Mikael Thalen
Infowars.com
August 23, 2013
A couple in North Bend, Washington is suing their power company after being forced to pay a monthly fine for refusing to install a new digital electric “smart meter.”

Electrical engineer Larry Costello and his wife Christy chose to opt-out of the smart meter program after their power company, Tanner Co-Op electric utility, began installing the meters on all their customers’ homes.
Tanner Co-Op claims the fee is to cover the cost of the meter reader who has to visit the Costellos’ home each month, but the Costellos say the fee is unjustified since the meter is an invasion of privacy to begin with.
“The issue that we have with the smart meter technology is that it really is an invasion of privacy to the homeowner,” said Larry Costello to Kiro 7 News.
While analog meters simply report the total power usage in a home, smart meters have the ability to analyze and control specific devices being used. The new meters can even allow a power company to change the temperature of a home by electronically accessing the thermostat.
“I don’t know what the future holds. I don’t want to be told when I can run my dishwasher and when I can run my refrigerator. So those are my concerns and also knowing when I’m home and when I’m not home,” said Christy Costello.
The Costellos also noted that certain smart meters even have the ability to tell what channel a TV is on. Tanner’s general manager claims his company’s meters are incapable of reading that information and denied further comments due to the ongoing lawsuit.
Not only do smart meters pose a privacy risk from power companies and the federal government, hackers have also proven that many smart meters are vulnerable.
Just last year, researchers in Germany analyzed several smart meters and discovered that the devices transmitted unencrypted data, allowing the researchers to know whether or not anyone was home. The data even revealed what movie was being watched on TV.
The U.S. Department of Energy even warned that information collected by smart meters could be shared with third parties such as insurance companies, creditors and businesses that could use the information to learn about a homeowner’s habits. Former CIA Director James Woolsey even called the entire smart grid “stupid” while noting how easily smart meters could be hacked.
Smart meters have also raised massive health concerns regarding the amount of electromagnetic radiation being emitted. Several doctors, including physician and epidemiologist Sam Milham, say the meters give off as much as 100 times the amount of radiation as a cell phone and have been linked to several health issues.
Daniel Hirsch, a senior lecturer on nuclear policy at UCSC, says the federal government purposely misleads the public on smart meter safety by conducting biased studies backed by power companies.
An investigation by WSUA 9 News also found that a power company in Washington DC was lying to the public about how often their smart meters emitted radiation. The company stated that the meters emitted radiation once every 4 to 6 hours despite the investigation finding the number to be 4 to 6 times every minute.
While some have been able to opt-out of the smart meter program, others have had meters installed on their property against their will. Two mothers in Illinois were arrested earlier this year for legally filming police and trying to block city utility workers from installing the new meters.
This article originally appeared at SecretsOfTheFed.com.
This article was posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 at 1:38 pm
Old 14-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #83
turquoisefire777

The Dangers of Radiation with Dr. Edward Group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZCep-P2Ees
Old 03-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #84
totallybonkers

Where are we with this (Smart Meter) in the UK?? I've just received a document from npower that talks about Smart Meters being installed and what information it will collect. Reading the info, I can see why they want to install such equipment and wonder what the objections are. I understand the unknown of the accumulated RF, that mesh/node technology could indeed raise ambient RF levels just as current mobile phone, satellite TV, radio do.

Perhaps what I see is the minute control over individual useage and tarrifs. For example, imagine a peak demand time, the cost per unit could be increased for its duration with the argument, it costs the more to generate electric to meet that demand, so the consumer must either switch appliances off or pay the costs.

In the UK the meter belongs to the electric company, so if anyone interferes with it, say by trying to defeat or reduce RF emissions, it will be noticed which will trigger a nasty response from the electric company.

So what are the current objections here in the UK to these meters? Yes I've looked at the various protect vids/sites.
totallybonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #85
djhooker
Inactive

you wanna watch out for them british gas fuckers

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...il/story.html#!
djhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #86
kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhooker View Post
you wanna watch out for them british gas fuckers

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...il/story.html#!
Wow bunch of fickers.

similar thing happend to me years ago before I woke up, very intrusive it is as they barged in even though the gas meter is on the outside of the property clearly visible, and they put it in a payg meter but it sits there idle as I dont use gas presently not for years since this event.
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #87
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.
Lightbulb smart genocide meters

My mum and dad have a smart electricity meter, and I have explained about the meters to them numerous times. Dad says 'i'll look into it' but never does. They just ignore the seriousness of it. In total denial. How can you get people to take the risk of smart meters seriously when they are in denial and don't think their government would ever do anything bad to them?

I feel like all I can do is leave them to get on with it. I can keep on at them about the smart meters but they think I'm just paranoid. Oh paranoid and negative (because I have a different story than that which the mainstream media push). I think they expect me to just talk about football and fluffy animals.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom

Last edited by silent revolution; 03-10-2013 at 10:39 AM.
silent revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #88
kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent revolution View Post
My mum and dad have a smart electricity meter, and I have explained about the meters to them numerous times. Dad says 'i'll look into it' but never does. They just ignore the seriousness of it. In total denial. How can you get people to take the risk of smart meters seriously when they are in denial and don't think their government would ever do anything bad to them?

I feel like all I can do is leave them to get on with it. I can keep on at them about the smart meters but they think I'm just paranoid. Oh paranoid and negative (because I have a different story than that which the mainstream media push). I think they expect me to just talk about football and fluffy animals.

Thats not good, if you have the spare cash maybe invest in a EMF meter maybe when you put the proof in front of there eyes?

One like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw7kLcPi4kE

I just bought one with a Gausse meter in it as well, gunna start taking readings. slightly off topic but theres a childrens park near me built next to a massive substation and next to that is a massive transmitter tower with bundles of microwave and others transducers on it. Real cold idea building that park where it is, cant wait to get my gadget and majke a video about that! Keep eyes peeled could be one for TPV to air.
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 03-10-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #89
steppewar
Eternal Member

Quote:

Having a smart meter installed is as bad for your health as moving into a Fukushima reactor.

Why anyone would want one of these things installed in their house is well beyond insane IMO.
steppewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #90
silent revolution

Sounds a good idea brother, but at the moment I can't afford one of those. Iv'e thought of getting a geiger counter in the past also just out of curiosity of what's around me. The trouble with an emf meter is that people are going to get upset at the thought of getting rid of their gadgets because of the emf pollution and will probably go into even deeper denial that there's a problem.

I still have an old mobile phone but very rarely use it (yeah I know its a bit hypocritical), and have for ages now had my wifi switched off on my router. It's crazy how people won't listen unless the tv tells them things. People so firmly believe in the world that is portrayed to them by the media. I'll try to get one of those meters if I can get some money together, and won't give up on spreading the knowledge but it often seems like going round in circles all the time like a yachting dog.

People really need to wake up to dangers that are all around us.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #91
silent revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppewar View Post
Having a smart meter installed is as bad for your health as moving into a Fukushima reactor.

Why anyone would want one of these things installed in their house is well beyond insane IMO.
I know. It seems the populations are mesmerised by all the technology. People don't believe the government would let anything bad happen to them, yet they forget the not so distant world wars in which many of our people were sent to their deaths. There is a huge sense of false security that people aren't willing to see past.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #92
kaiser

Quote:
Sounds a good idea brother, but at the moment I can't afford one of those. Iv'e thought of getting a geiger counter in the past also just out of curiosity of what's around me. The trouble with an emf meter is that people are going to get upset at the thought of getting rid of their gadgets because of the emf pollution and will probably go into even deeper denial that there's a problem.

I still have an old mobile phone but very rarely use it (yeah I know its a bit hypocritical), and have for ages now had my wifi switched off on my router. It's crazy how people won't listen unless the tv tells them things. People so firmly believe in the world that is portrayed to them by the media. I'll try to get one of those meters if I can get some money together, and won't give up on spreading the knowledge but it often seems like going round in circles all the time like a yachting dog.

People really need to wake up to dangers that are all around us.

Yeah as often said here people need to wake the fuk up, big style!

I hope to make a short video about the electrosmog and going to keep a record like a proper scientist to log the electrosmog levels moving forward (i cringed saying that PC phrase lol sorry)

Peace, leave, harmony and wisdom back at you brother.

Now choose; Red or Blue.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #93
nomorewifi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallybonkers View Post
So what are the current objections here in the UK to these meters? Yes I've looked at the various protect vids/sites.
If you've looked at the videos and websites, then you should now be aware of the health and security implications of 24/7 pulsing microwave radiation-emitting Smart Meters being installed in our homes.

http://stopsmartmeters.org/

There is no good reason to have these devices.
nomorewifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #94
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent revolution
I feel like all I can do is leave them to get on with it. I can keep on at them about the smart meters but they think I'm just paranoid. Oh paranoid and negative (because I have a different story than that which the mainstream media push)
I know. Its quite sad.......... People like this are ultimately the reason this shit continues!

I understand how you are feeling about your parents!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #95
jondoeuk
Inactive

Quote:
Where are we with this (Smart Meter) in the UK?? I've just received a document from npower that talks about Smart Meters being installed and what information it will collect. Reading the info, I can see why they want to install such equipment and wonder what the objections are. I understand the unknown of the accumulated RF, that mesh/node technology could indeed raise ambient RF levels just as current mobile phone, satellite TV, radio do.

Perhaps what I see is the minute control over individual usage and tariffs. For example, imagine a peak demand time, the cost per unit could be increased for its duration with the argument, it costs the more to generate electric to meet that demand, so the consumer must either switch appliances off or pay the costs.

In the UK the meter belongs to the electric company, so if anyone interferes with it, say by trying to defeat or reduce RF emissions, it will be noticed which will trigger a nasty response from the electric company.

So "x" energy company owns the meter even though its in my house?, also what if I change comps?.
jondoeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #96
totallybonkers

Yup in the UK the electric company owns your meter, always has for as long as you buy electric from one of the major utilites the meter will aways belong to them, not you. It is an offence to tamper with it, many people have tried to by-pass it or "slow it down" (the old types) and got charged with theft. Usually the owner of the meter is written on it. All this is just basic common knowldege, been available for 40+ years that I know of.

I've had another look at - stopsmartmeters.org - it tends not to look/read very well, they soon resort to insults when people make genuine technical arguments. It reminds me of that stuoid threat George W Bush came up with "either you're with us, or with the terrorists".

One one hand I'm not sure if total control of ower power meters is a good thing, I'm sure there are costs involved chasing up people who "steal" electric, nonpayment of bills etc. But usually such instrumentation which should be for the general good, usually ends up costing us more. However, there is a finite limit on how much electic is available, more people want more electirc which has to be generated somewhere.

Still the real issue seems to be the increased levels of uW RF, that I don't dispute, but I would think it needs proof the emission ARE the source and not people thinking they are. There are a lot of easy to obtain technical test equipment available nowerdays so until some qualified engineers do the tests to confirm, it will just be another campaign.
totallybonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #97
kaiser

Quote:
Yup in the UK the electric company owns your meter, always has for as long as you buy electric from one of the major utilites the meter will aways belong to them, not you. It is an offence to tamper with it, many people have tried to by-pass it or "slow it down" (the old types) and got charged with theft. Usually the owner of the meter is written on it. All this is just basic common knowldege, been available for 40+ years that I know of.

I've had another look at - stopsmartmeters.org - it tends not to look/read very well, they soon resort to insults when people make genuine technical arguments. It reminds me of that stuoid threat George W Bush came up with "either you're with us, or with the terrorists".

One one hand I'm not sure if total control of ower power meters is a good thing, I'm sure there are costs involved chasing up people who "steal" electric, nonpayment of bills etc. But usually such instrumentation which should be for the general good, usually ends up costing us more. However, there is a finite limit on how much electic is available, more people want more electirc which has to be generated somewhere.

Still the real issue seems to be the increased levels of uW RF, that I don't dispute, but I would think it needs proof the emission ARE the source and not people thinking they are. There are a lot of easy to obtain technical test equipment available nowerdays so until some qualified engineers do the tests to confirm, it will just be another campaign.
Most meters now have anti tamper systems on them that will log any attempt to bypass or tamper, some key meters even transmit this info back in the key when its charged up at the paypoint and such. Basic meters can be removed by Eon and sent back to HQ so the log can be read in the meter to see if tamper or bypass has occured. As for the costs involved well the detection is usually low cost because the sub stations have meters as well and so Eon can trace quick quickly anybody giving false readings and they will get a warrant to come and check/rip out the meter.

You have a point regarding the methods people use when detecting these signals, when I trained as an electronics engineer we were told to never decide what the fault or problem was before we found it because that leads to chasing your own tale, let the evidence do the work not the imagination. Good science would detect the signals first and then pinpoint the origin but it is reasonable to assume that a sudden increase in EMR after a smart meter install is probably not circumstantial. In a court of law if the defence denied that it had snowed last night and yet the judge and jury could see the snow on the ground it would be reasonable to rule that it did infact snow last night!

It would be simple to triangulate the source of EMR by measurung the pulse strength at a min of two locations at least 90" apart but the same radius from suspected source with clear line of sight. (thats what im going to do anyway)

And The good news is im a qualified engineer and i just received my test equipment today so stay tuned..

I will also tell you this, science is controlled by the system always has been it is the system that decides what is safe and what is not regardless of what the truth is. The system is self serving it is the matrix man just look at the climate change lies.....

Did you know all young engineers in training are encouraged to join the Iee or IEEE or whatever abbreviation they are going by now, it is little clubs like this that help control science and thus reality for the elite.

Edit:

Heres an excellent article on the technical aspects of smart grids.

http://www.utilityproducts.com/artic...art-grids.html

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 04-10-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 17-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #98
turquoisefire777

Just how smart are these energy meters? Hundreds of thousands of households left in billing limbo by clever gadgets
Smart meters designed to stop people overpaying due to estimated bills
Customer given an 11-month wait to fix faulty smart meter
Then smart meter company cancelled three days before appointment
Readers report wild swings in energy usage measured by smart meters
Energy giants left with backlog of complaints from updating systems

Hundreds of thousands of households are still trapped in ‘billing limbo’ – unable to pay promptly for energy usage because of errant computer systems

In the meantime, Jeffrey was paying for how much gas and electricity Ovo Energy estimated he had used – £74 a month for dual fuel – rather than how much he had definitely used.

‘So much for smart meters,’ he says. ‘The Government insists we now have them to make it easier for people to keep on top of their energy usage but I’ve got one and it doesn’t even send readings. Ovo was friendly but said there was nothing staff could do.’

A spokeswoman for Ovo says Jeffrey’s meter was set up incorrectly. To compound the problem, Jeffrey’s complaint was not passed on to the right department.

She says: ‘We’re sorry Mr Simmons’ smart meter was not properly installed. Usually, the process is completed within a few hours. Together with our suppliers, we’ve investigated what went wrong and fixed the problem.’

Not so clever: Smart meters are being rolled out across the country, but customers complain of errors

'Wild swings in energy use on my smart meter'

Meanwhile, a Norfolk-based reader is taking issue with the quality of the handheld device that came with his smart meter, which shows odd patterns of energy use.

Smart meters are wall-mounted units that transmit data to suppliers, but they come with mobile home display units indicating how much energy is used in real time and in pounds and pence.

The pensioner, who is in remission after battling throat cancer, says: ‘The main problem has been wild swings overnight from being under-budget to being over-budget for no reason and with no additional use of electricity.

‘At 3:20pm on April 19 the device showed I was 29 per cent under budget. I went to bed early that day as I was not feeling well.

‘At 5:06am on April 20 it showed I was 14 per cent over budget. But nothing – not a light or heating – was left on overnight.’ He has been reassured that his meter is accurate but not to rely on the mobile display.

He adds: ‘I now look upon the device as one of my sideboard ornaments – sitting among dried herbs, spices and a salmon-fishing reel.’

Preparation for a wider rollout of smart meters has prompted energy companies to update their computer systems but customers are suffering the fallout from such rapid change.

Co-operative Energy is currently facing a customer backlash from a recent botched update of its computer systems, resulting in more than 200,000 users being required to re-register to access their online accounts.

It is fielding around 400 calls a day from customers experiencing re-registration problems.

Energy Goliath npower has had a backlog of late bills triggered by a computer system overhaul in 2013, with around 90,000 bills outstanding in the first two months of this year.

This is a reduction from the 414,000 late bills it ratcheted up in mid-June last year.

In March this year, ScottishPower was subject to a 12-day sales ban by energy regulator Ofgem for its failure to mop up customer complaints fast enough.

An ‘IT bug’ also affected Ovo Energy late last year, leading to customers receiving inaccurate bills. There are no guarantees that switching supplier will help you avoid billing problems but some companies have built a reputation for good service.

In the most recent customer satisfaction survey conducted among more than 9,000 customers by consumer group Which?, ecotricity and Good Energy rank first and second respectively, followed by Ebico, Ovo Energy and Utility Warehouse.

Bottom of the table was npower, and ScottishPower was second last.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bil...ing-limbo.html
Old 17-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #99
turquoisefire777

Smart Meter Dangers: The Health Hazards of Wireless Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure
The Latest from Dr. David O. Carpenter

http://www.globalresearch.ca/smart-m...exposure/31891

This article by the late Dr. Ilya Sandra Perlingieri was first published on Global Research on July 13, 2012.

Over the past two years, there has been mounting medical and scientific evidence of the grave biological dangers to humans from so-called “Smart” Meters exposure that are being installed by the hundreds of thousands all over North America and Europe. Scientists have been documenting the EMF/RF exposure effects for decades. However, it is only in the last two years, with the constant wireless electromagnetic radiation exposure to these new meters, that other medical evidence (down to the cellular level) has been reported. In the US, there has never been a mandate to force these utility meters on millions of unsuspecting people. There has been no Precautionary Principle used, while corporate greed has abounded. Various utility companies have not told their customers of the dangers. What they told their customers about these new meters was that it would update the grid and help them control individual usage. Customers have not been told about the serious health problems that these RF pulsing meters cause. We have been given no informed consent to this dangerous but invisible exposure.

With broken and unethical global social mores, this is considered standard business practice: to deceive customers, while gaining enormous profits. As long as a “revolving-door” policy remains between corporations and [no longer] public agencies, citizens will not have their medically validated concerns ever addressed. The corporate bottom line, profit, is what counts –not our well-being and safety. Further, the synergistic effects of various wireless technologies combined with other environmental toxins to which we all are exposed daily have not been tested.

Over the past year, I have already personally seen the damage these dangerous meters have done to numerous people and several animals I know –all across the US. Although not generally reported by mainstream media, the serious impacts on peoples’ health are already evident. A short list includes: neurological impairment, ear pain and hearing problems, breathing dysfunctions, chest pains and heart ailments, burning skin, sleep disturbances, headaches, depression, vision troubles, blood pressure changes, sterility, autism, and neurodegenerative diseases. There are numerous reports of people who are completely incapacitated from EMF exposure. Several people I know are almost constantly debilitated and housebound, due to city-wide exposure to cell towers and Wi-Fi that has become ubiquitous. Most allopathic physicians are not trained in environmental medicine, and so often symptoms are mis-diagnosed.

On July 8, Global Research published Prof. Tracy’s important Smart Meter update, “Looming Health Crisis: Wireless Technology and the Toxification of America”:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=31816

Although Dr. David O. Carpenter notes below that the “evidence of the link between long-term cell phone use and brain cancer comes primarily from Northern Europe”, I know personally of two people who have died from glioma cancer. The glioma cancer originated behind the ear where the cell phone was held. This used to be a rare form of malignant brain cancer. It is now thought to be epidemic, but not reported by the media, as more than 6-billion cell phones are in use globally. Senator Ted Kennedy died of glioma cancer.

There is a very long history of “expendable” customers [we’re no longer called citizens or people], while multi-national corporations continue to make tremendous profits on dangerous drugs and technologies: toxic shock syndrome; Vioxx; thalidomide, HPV vaccines. This list is very long and well documented. For example, in September 2011, the Los Angeles Time reported “that [prescription] drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in US.” See: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep...demic-20110918

What is now termed Electro-Hypersensitivty (EHS), and is recognized in Sweden as a documented debilitating illness, can actually be called poisoning, as humans and all other living organisms are being damaged by these meters’ moment-to-moment RF pulsing rates. For more than 30 years, distinguished professor Olle Johansson, of the Karolinska Institute, Sweden, has been a highly visible and ardent advocate for those who have been harmed by this technology. His scientific research is ground-breaking. In Sweden, more than 248,000 people are ill from EHS. Most laws are completely outdated to address this crisis. In the US and Canada, many poisoned customers cannot op-out. Or, if this is available to them, customers are charged high op-out fees as well as monthly fees. It is a win-win situation financially for the various utility companies, while customers are being harmed daily. The corporate bottom line takes precedence over health and safety.

In a Canadian magazine, La maison du 21e siècle [the house of the 21st century], Dr. David O. Carpenter, a distinguished physician and former founding dean of the School of Public Health, State University, Albany (New York), has just published a letter called “Smart Meters: Correcting the Gross Misinformation.”(**) It is here reproduced in its entirety:

“We, the undersigned are a group of scientists and health professionals who together have coauthored hundreds of peer-reviewed studies.

We wish to correct some of the gross misinformation found in the letter regarding wireless “smart” meters that was published in the Montreal daily Le Devoir on May 24. Submitted by a group Quebec engineers, physicists and chemists, the letter in question reflects an obvious lack of understanding of the science behind the health impacts of the radiofrequency (RF)/microwave EMFs emitted by these meters.
The statement that “Thousands of studies, both epidemiological and experimental in humans, show no increase in cancer cases as a result of exposure to radio waves of low intensity…” is false(1).

In fact, only a few such studies — two dozen case-control studies of mobile phone use, certainly not thousands, have reported no elevations of cancer, and most were funded by the wireless industry. In addition, these reassuring studies contained significant experimental design flaws, mainly the fact that the populations followed were too small and were followed for a too short period of time.
Non industry-funded studies have clearly demonstrated a significant increase in cancer cases among individuals who have suffered from prolonged exposure to low-level microwaves, transmitted notably by radio antennas. The effects were best documented in meta-analyses that have been published and that include grouped results from several different studies: these analyses consistently showed an increased risk of brain cancer among regular users of a cell phone who have been exposed to microwaves for at least ten years.

Brain Cancer Rates

Furthermore, the argument that brain cancer rates do not indicate an overall increase in incidence is not evidence that cell phones are safe: the latency for brain cancer in adults after environmental exposure can be long, up to 20-30 years. Most North Americans haven’t used cell phones extensively for that long. The evidence of the link between long-term cell phone use and brain cancer comes primarily from Northern Europe, where cell phones have been commonly used since the 1990s.

Children are especially at risk. In May 2012, the U.K.’s Office of National Statistics reported a 50 percent increase in incidence of frontal and temporal lobe tumors in children between 1999 and 2009. This statistic is especially disturbing since in May 2011, after reviewing the published scientific literature regarding cancers affecting cell phone users, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified radiofrequency radiation as a 2B, possible human carcinogen. Despite the absence of scientific consensus, the evidence is sufficiently compelling for any cautious parent to want to reduce their loved one’s exposure to RF/microwave emissions as much as possible, as recommended by various countries such as Austria, Belgium, Germany, Russia and the United Kingdom.

Electrosensitivity

Public fears about wireless smart meters are well-founded. They are backed by various medical authorities such as the Public Health Departments of Santa Cruz County (California) and of Salzburg State (Austria). These authorities are worried about the growing number of citizens who say they have developed electrohypersensitivity (EHS), especially since for many of them, the symptoms developed after the installation of such meters (it takes some time for most people to link the two events).

Since the turn of the millennium, people are increasingly affected by ambient microwaves due to the growing popularity of wireless devices such as cell phones and Wi-Fi Internet. Therefore, the mass deployment of smart grids could expose large chunks of the general population to alarming risk scenarios without their consent. According to seven surveys done in six European countries between 2002 and 2004, about 10% of Europeans have become electrosensitive, and experts fear that percentage could reach 50% by 2017. The most famous person to publicly reveal her electrosensitivity is Gro Harlem Brundtland, formerly Prime Minister of Norway and retired Director of the World Health Organization (WHO).

While there is no consensus on the origins and mechanisms of EHS, many physicians and other specialists around the world have become aware that EHS symptoms (neurological dermatological, acoustical, etc.) seem to be triggered by exposure to EMF levels well below current international exposure limits, which are established solely on short-term thermal effects.(2) Organizations such as the Austrian Medical Association and the American Academy of Environmental Medicine have recognized that the ideal way to treat of EHS is to reduce EMF exposure.

Therefore, caution is warranted because the growing variety of RF/microwave emissions produced by many wireless devices such as smart meters have never been tested for their potential biological effects.

Well-known bioeffects

While the specific pathways to cancer are not fully understood, it is scientifically unacceptable to deny the weight of the evidence regarding the increase in cancer cases in humans that are exposed to high levels of RF/microwave radiation.

The statement that “there is no established mechanism by which a radio wave could induce an adverse effect on human tissue other than by heating” is incorrect, and reflects a lack of awareness and understanding of the scientific literature on the subject. In fact, more than a thousand studies done on low intensity, high frequency, non-ionizing radiation, going back at least fifty years, show that some biological mechanisms of effect do not involve heat. This radiation sends signals to living tissue that stimulate biochemical changes, which can generate various symptoms and may lead to diseases such as cancer.

Even though RF/microwaves don’t have the energy to directly break chemical bonds, unlike ionizing radiation such as X-rays, there is scientific evidence that this energy can cause DNA damage indirectly leading to cancer by a combination of biological effects. Recent publications have documented the generation of free radicals, increased permeability of the blood brain barrier allowing potentially toxic chemicals to enter the brain, induction of genes, as well as altered electrical and metabolic activity in human brains upon application of cell phone RF/microwaves similar to those produced by smart meters.

These effects are cumulative and depend on many factors including RF/microwave levels, frequency, waveform, exposure time, bio-variability between individuals and combination with other toxic agents. Clear evidence that these microwaves are indeed bioactive has been shown by the fact that low-intensity EMFs have proven clinically useful in some circumstances. Pulsed EMFs have long been used to successfully treat bone fractures that are resistant to other forms of therapy. More recently, frequency-specific, amplitude-modulated EMFs have been found useful to treat advanced carcinoma and chronic pain.

High frequency EMFs such as the microwaves used in cell phones, smart meters, Wi-Fi and cordless ‘‘DECT’’ phones, appear to be the most damaging when used commonly. Most of their biological effects, including symptoms of electrohypersensitivity, can be seen in the damage done to cellular membranes by the loss of structurally-important calcium ions. Prolonged exposure to these high frequencies may eventually lead to cellular malfunction and death.

Furthermore, malfunction of the parathyroid gland, located in the neck just inches from where one holds a cell phone, may actually cause electrohypersensitivity in some people by reducing the background level of calcium ions in the blood. RF/microwave radiation is also known to decrease the production of melatonin, which protects against cancer, and to promote the growth of existing cancer cells.

Early warning scientists attacked

In recommending that the Precautionary Principle be applied in EMF matters, the European Environment Agency’s Director Jacqueline McGlade wrote in 2009: “We have noted from previous health hazard histories such as that of lead in petrol, and methyl mercury, that ‘early warning’ scientists frequently suffer from discrimination, from loss of research funds, and from unduly personal attacks on their scientific integrity. It would be surprising if this is not already a feature of the present EMF controversy…” Such unfortunate consequences have indeed occurred.

The statement in the Le Devoir letter that “if we consider that a debate should take place, it should focus exclusively on the effects of cell phones on health” is basically an acknowledgement that there is at least some reason to be concerned about cell phones. However, while the immediate exposure from a cell phone is of much greater intensity than the exposure from smart meters, cell phone use is temporary.

Smart meters

Wireless smart meters typically produce atypical, relatively potent and very short pulsed RF/microwaves whose biological effects have never been fully tested. They emit these millisecond-long RF bursts on average 9,600 times a day with a maximum of 190,000 daily transmissions and a peak level emission two and a half times higher than the stated safety signal [Perlingieri’s italics], as the California utility Pacific Gas & Electric recognized before that State’s Public Utilities Commission. Thus people in proximity to a smart meter are at risk of significantly greater aggregate exposure than with a cell phone, not to mention the cumulative levels of RF/microwaves that people living near several meters are exposed to.

People are exposed to cell phone microwaves primarily in the head and neck, and only when they use their device. With smart meters, the entire body is exposed to the microwaves, which increases the risk of overexposure to many organs.

In addition to these erratic bursts of modulated microwaves coming from smart meters that are transferring usage data to electric, gas and water utilities, wireless and wired smart (powerline communication) meters are also a major source of ‘’dirty electricity’’ (electrical interference of high frequency voltage transients typically of kilohertz frequencies). Indeed, some scientists, such as American epidemiologist Sam Milham, believe that many of the health complaints about smart meters may also be caused by dirty electricity generated by the “switching” power supply activating all smart meters. Since the installation of filters to reduce dirty electricity circulating on house wiring has been found to relieve symptoms of EHS in some people, this method should be considered among the priorities aimed at reducing potential adverse impacts.

Rather be safe than sorry

The apparent adverse health effects noted with smart meter exposure are likely to be further exacerbated if smart appliances that use wireless communications become the norm and further increase unwarranted exposure.
To date, there have been few independent studies of the health effects of such sources of more continuous but lower intensity microwaves. However, we know after decades of studies of hazardous chemical substances, that chronic exposure to low concentrations of microwaves can cause equal or even greater harm than an acute exposure to high concentrations of the same microwaves.

This is why so many scientists and medical experts urgently recommend that measures following the Precautionary Principle be applied immediately — such as using wired meters — to reduce biologically inappropriate microwave exposure. We are not advocating the abolishment of RF technologies, only the use of common sense and the development and implementation of best practices in using these technologies in order to reduce exposure and risk of health hazards.
Old 18-05-2015, 02:04 AM   #100
helloperator
Banned

Fuck all these no to this and that protests...no to smart meters, no to cctv.

These are all symptoms and peripheral issues stemming from the big NO...no to tycoons and big business and the relationship between big business, politics and the media.

No to that.

Fuck this no to smart meters shit

Pull the problem out by the root not by the stupid leaves
helloperator is offline   Reply With Quote