Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 16-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #21
GuitarSlinger
Inactive

Not watched a Grammy (or any other "award" show for that matter) in a long @$$ time, kids. Unfortunately, it was difficult to ignore the inundation of press that follow these self-congratulatory fest. Apparently there was some upset that the Queen Bey did not win enough gold plated statues. Even the UK's favorite, over-rated crooner had to kowtow to the throne of the Bey and apologize for winning more shelf sitting dusk collectors.

I must admit, this thread offered me the first look at Beyonce's costume for the event. All I could this was, "Are you ducking kidding me!?!" (well, a word that sounds like ducking, any ways). A shame she wasn't ready to bust those lil' demon seeds out right then and there. What a show that would have been! We could have seen them slide right out her cooter and dance around her on their little hooves.

I genuinely feel bad for folks that only know this nonsense as "music" and "entertainment".

For me, if I gotta have a queen, I would gladly make her this lovely woman who has an overwhelming soul that wraps it's self around ever not she sings. Take me there, Mavis...

GuitarSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 11:56 PM   #22
GuitarSlinger
Inactive

Okay, what the heck!?! I've posted videos before, but this last one came out HUGE! Sorry kids.
Old 17-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #23
rooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_ View Post

ha, this wasn't a face grope
Old 17-02-2017, 06:06 AM   #24
kiwi_

People are now upset about comments made by Adele during her acceptance speech.

Beyoncé Is Not The Magical Negro Mammy
kiwi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #25
st jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooey View Post
Robbie Williams is probably bi or gay. should of seen him go the grope on some other male singer he had perform with him.
According to Robbie Williams’ lawyer in 2005 “Mr Williams is not, and has never been, homosexual”.
Robbie Williams got substantial damages paid over some dirty rumours that he’s had sex with men: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4502834.stm

I’m just a simple guy and don’t care that Robbie is attracted to men.
I stopped listening to radio or telescreen, because modern day music stinks. As my own personal protest to modern music I started listening to Jazz music.

I find it sickening that these days a pregnant Beyonce poses as a sex symbol.

I’m not much of a rebel, but I do enjoy listening to Green day (but only of more than 10 years old).

Last edited by st jimmy; 17-02-2017 at 10:40 AM.
st jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #26
decode reality
Inactive

I haven't seen the performance but I'll add this - not the easiest subject to expound upon:

In the West African tradition she's been referencing in her work (Yoruba), 'gods' and 'goddesses' and deities mean personality archetypes, if we're talking human behaviour, and natural forces elsewhere. In the indigenous African traditions, all things are seen as an expression of the One Supreme Being. So, all forces are an expression of divinity, including those within human beings. In this vein, a personality type is a god/goddess, with its own energy, traits, temperament. This is also why you find people saying they're the child of this or that deity in these traditions.

The "myths" are metaphors for how these forces play themselves out, and the rituals with music and dance were one way of putting across the message, and evoking a particular energy. Even the Christian & Islamic teachings have somewhat adopted this metaphoric approach, e.g Adam & Eve and the serpent is nothing but a metaphor for how the energies from the reptilian brain can adversely influence behaviour.

Viewed in this context, it may well not have been Beyonce consciously saying "worship me as a goddess" in the heretic sense that is being suggested by a few people . Not only would that be out of step with the tradition, to be honest, people were doing that already, long before her donning Yoruba ritual garments.

Quite a good article on some of these references, at of all places, Billboard: http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...nces-exclusive

But Beyonce expressing an African-oriented view feels quite different from say, Nina Simone, or India Arie, Jill Scott, Nas, Damian Marley and Erykah Badu when she first emerged. It's not as though it's been a signature underlying her career prior to 2016. Again, I'm intrigued as to why now?

Last edited by decode reality; 18-02-2017 at 08:42 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #27
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhulk40 View Post
Adele is just a fat pub singer or someone you would see singing on a cruise ship or at Butlins caravan parks, she is a Chav totally overrated but so is most music now, you will probably see Adele's CDs in poundland soon along with Peter Andre and Robbie Williams .
She is ok, but honestly most singers today are pants. None of them can hold a candle to Dusty Springfield- the best female pop singer of all time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPOwe-2EYA

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 17-02-2017 at 07:58 PM.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #28
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
The idea that sparked the notion that there was something beyond the programming that controlled ones action came from Obatala as he is the creative/intellectual spark. The idea that one was even worthy of something better than what had been systematically designed for them came from Osun.

From p.138 Grasping the Root of Divine power
Ibeji - two born
Quote:
One possesses the energy of the heaven (Orun - 5th Dimension), the other possesses the energy of the earth.
I am assuming that Beyonce is a child of Osun hence what an opportunity to give thanks and to honour the force of creativity, fertility which is within all of you. This is one of the god given tools. The performance on stage (altar) was beautifully done imo. Agree with decoded that not necessarily "worship me as a goddess" but she was channelling the force, honouring and celebrating the motherhood, womanhood (reference to calling chosen 1000 women). She is also expecting twins. According to pataki, Osun gave birth to twins so Beyonce being Omo Osun, very special to be blessed with magical twins because twins supposed to share one soul.

There is hardly any thread on the tradition in the forum and not widely popular in Europe simply because it is popularly practiced in the Central/South America due to slaves trade of the past. But of course, Black people are primitive, animalistic and dangerous...right? So even black people were brainwashed to hand over their power to Christian God and they ended up begging to the higher power which doesn't answer. This is very powerful stuff hence White....I mean the elite of the past had to put a lid on it to say they were barbaric and evil etc.

What they do with music, symbology is to raise the energy of a particular force. Same thing as...if you wanted to bring LOVE energy into your life, you would hang a picture of love in your room, make it lovely with flowers and have word LOVE in your room etc.

Last edited by elshaper; 17-02-2017 at 09:09 PM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #29
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Ibeji - two born

I am assuming that Beyonce is a child of Osun hence what an opportunity to give thanks and to honour the force of creativity, fertility which is within all of you. This is one of the god given tools. The performance on stage (altar) was beautifully done imo. Agree with decoded that not necessarily "worship me as a goddess" but she was channelling the force, honouring and celebrating the motherhood, womanhood (reference to calling chosen 1000 women). She is also expecting twins. According to pataki, Osun gave birth to twins so Beyonce being Omo Osun, very special to be blessed with magical twins because twins supposed to share one soul.

There is hardly any thread on the tradition in the forum and not widely popular in Europe simply because it is popularly practiced in the Central/South America due to slaves trade of the past. But of course, Black people are primitive, animalistic and dangerous...right? So even black people were brainwashed to hand over their power to Christian God and they ended up begging to the higher power which doesn't answer. This is very powerful stuff hence White....I mean the elite of the past had to put a lid on it to say they were barbaric and evil etc.

What they do with music, symbology is to raise the energy of a particular force. Same thing as...if you wanted to bring LOVE energy into your life, you would hang a picture of love in your room, make it lovely with flowers and have word LOVE in your room etc.
If her embrace of African traditions piques the interest of the younger generation in finding out about them as well, which I'm sure it has, then it's a positive thing. We've been conditioned to view seeing ourselves as 'creators in miniature' as something sacrilegious or purely narcissistic, due to being taught to look outside for wisdom, rather than within.

In general there's a lack of awareness of these traditions, and it's reflected even in alt-media circles. In a lot of ways truthers have unwittingly taken on board the Christian fundi perspective. (And the Islamic slant, if we look at material such as The Arrivals.) It's the same lack of awareness at work when people were saying Miley Cyrus was evoking Kali, as though this Indian deity is something evil.

I'm not knocking anyone of either faith but the truth of the matter is, both of those traditions sought to snuff out the indigenous spiritual traditions they encountered (not only Africa's, either), in order to conquer and enslave, and it's still happening.

Last edited by decode reality; 18-02-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 19-02-2017, 04:05 AM   #30
rooey

"The idea that one was even worthy of something better than what had been systematically designed for them came from Osun"

I don't comprehend how something given free will can be systematically designed into something. unless another did so. or was done without their consent / trickery
Old 19-02-2017, 04:08 AM   #31
rooey

Quote:

wow. what a wordy waste of time reading that was
Old 19-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #32
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
"The idea that one was even worthy of something better than what had been systematically designed for them came from Osun"

I don't comprehend how something given free will can be systematically designed into something. unless another did so. or was done without their consent / trickery
rooey,
Read the quote again please.
"another" i.e. the elites have been shaping how we ought to live but you know we are worthy of freedom.
Old 19-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #33
kiwi_

Quote:
wow. what a wordy waste of time reading that was
People are crazy.
kiwi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #34
decode reality
Inactive

The image on the left is an akuaba. It comes out of Ashanti/Akan traditional culture, the area known as Ghana, from which many Africans were taken and enslaved in North America & Caribbean.

The central and right hand images are of the ankh, of course, which Beyonce has incorporated into some of her imagery in her Lemonade project of 2016.

The akuaba is a 'fertility doll' in Akan/Ashanti culture. Ankh was the Egyptian word used to denote the life force, the primal creative energy, and visually depicts the union of male and female energy.

The similarity in shape and underlying meaning behind both images leads me to conclude there's a connection there. That feeling is strengthened by the fact that scholars have discerned many ancient Egyptian and Ethiopian vestiges in West African cultures (i.e. indigenous cultures prior to Islamic and Christian influence).

It's not that each time we see popular artists use ankhs and similar images that they're making conscious reference to an ancient African spiritual system. I don't think that's true of all Beyonce's output, nor her husband's nor the other 'usual suspects'. Nonetheless, the African dimension of these symbols is given little or no consideration in the alt media, which usually only sees them as part of an 'Illuminati'/'satanic' related myopic narrative.
Old 20-02-2017, 12:09 PM   #35
rooey

^^^^

They do free concerts for killary Clinton. sure they're choir boys n gals just spreading l'amore ?
Old 20-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #36
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
^^^^

They do free concerts for killary Clinton. sure they're choir boys n gals just spreading l'amore ?
I take it you're referring to my post, which I can only presume you didn't 'get', so you had to steer the conversation to the subject of Clinton, whom I didn't even mention, and then imply that I see the artist in question as purely "spreading l'amour".

Let me be clear to you and anyone else wondering - just because someone dons some African garb and reference the culture, that alone doesn't make them perfect, nor does it stop me from seeing the contradictions. I also look a bit deeper and broader than looking for conspiracies everywhere.

Seeing as you brought that politician up, well... even if someone like Beyonce or some other artist didn't do a concert for a Clinton or a Trump, then you can bet something else would be flagged up. Perhaps a handshake, a symbol, a colour, anything so long as it maintains the rigid narrative. Then again, I reckon some people secretly love it when it's Superbowl or Grammy time, so you can take pleasure in analysing all the music you hate with a passion. To have some 'monster' to point at and then feel good about yourselves.

Because it seems some individuals also have unrealistic expectations, and you believe that unless anyone is in your eyes pristine and "blemish-free", then they're no better than satan or shills.

Shame that I even need to spell this out.

Last edited by decode reality; 20-02-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 20-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #37
rooey

thought about their associations, what they've promoted currently and in the past. then figured that their intentions should really be questioned

don't trust them tbh

Last edited by rooey; 20-02-2017 at 02:54 PM.
rooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 03:45 PM   #38
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
I take it you're referring to my post, which I can only presume you didn't 'get', so you had to steer the conversation to the subject of Clinton, whom I didn't even mention, and then imply that I see the artist in question as purely "spreading l'amour".

Let me be clear to you and anyone else wondering - just because someone dons some African garb and reference the culture, that alone doesn't make them perfect, nor does it stop me from seeing the contradictions. I also look a bit deeper and broader than looking for conspiracies everywhere.
Agree on Ankh, a symbol of male & female energy. We need both in this world to create projects, product, family and everything else. But an agenda / idea has been promoted to twist the law to the point that people think they can change how they like causing many illness in the society.

Quote:
Seeing as you brought that politician up, well... even if someone like Beyonce or some other artist didn't do a concert for a Clinton or a Trump, then you can bet something else would be flagged up. Perhaps a handshake, a symbol, a colour, anything so long as it maintains the rigid narrative. Then again, I reckon some people secretly love it when it's Superbowl or Grammy time, so you can take pleasure in analysing all the music you hate with a passion. To have some 'monster' to point at and then feel good about yourselves.

Because it seems some individuals also have unrealistic expectations, and you believe that unless anyone is in your eyes pristine and "blemish-free", then they're no better than satan or shills.

Contracts (offers) are made everyday by people you know and strangers.
You don't have to engage, let them be where they are 'happy'.
The difference here will be that some WILL stay in the Matrix.
Old 20-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #39
GuitarSlinger
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post

Thank you, sir. My favorite post of the month. You get this thing:
Old 21-02-2017, 07:34 AM   #40
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:

I wonder if the writer really believes that Adele nor Faith Hill were saying what she's implying? There's a lot of projection and assumption going on there, and because America's racial politics are in such a mess, things get distorted.