Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 19-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #21
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Hm, yeah I don't know, Rev. No substitute for the real thing as far as I know. How often do you have to replace them? Mine always lasted for years and years. Looking to acquire a new amp soon too and have my eye on the Laney Ironheart 30W combo. If I can manage to spend about twice that it will be something else that is made in England or America. Loved the Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp I had for a long time and the Marshall 1987X was *awesome* if way overpowered.
in the little champ they were in there about two years but i hardly used it. the twin about a year. moving them too much maybe...tubes not cool when moved sometimes maybe...

been thinking about finding an old crate. a guy i know who plays a lot of old sabbath has one. its got a real good sound. 4 12's. idk. so much stuff out there. what do you think of jet city amps? i havent had a chance to try one.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #22
polyhedron
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
but processed guitar is ok? lol. hmmm...quite a bias eh? why? whats the diff? it all has personality. the vocals got personality from using auto tune that they wouldnt have had without it. no need to be insulting about it.

the listening public who dont know about the technology involved are not real music lovers? lol. yep...insult everyone else while you are at it.
Processed guitar is not the same as auto tune. Auto tune is absolutely nauseating. If someone can't sing in tune, what the hell are they recording for? Jesus Christ almighty. It's pathetic. No, I don't mean the album. I haven't listened to it. I can deduce if something is any good or not by the comments I've read.

Layering. Oh Jesus. If you can hear it's been layered, the recording engineer is utterly incompetent. What I want to know is are there blue and yellow notes in there? Evidently not. Any broken 5ths, inverted 7ths? No one has said, "gosh was that really just one guitar, it sounds like dJango Reinhardt. Where did you learn to play like that?"

Or "Holy God, did you really do that in 1 take? What gear did you use? A Brunel? Nice one. How did you get the reverb? Oh I see you actually took the bother to set up a speaker mic array in a church? Good one, about time churches were used for something useful."

But no, none of that. Well, art it's not. No I don't need to listen to it to know it's rubbish. The fact it's free gives a strong hint. I don't listen to free music. I pay for the music I buy. I like my artists to get paid.

Advice. Put some sweat into it until you realise that giving it away for free will insense you, then I might consider taking a short sample to decide whether it's worth my while ordering it or not.
polyhedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #23
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyhedron View Post
Processed guitar is not the same as auto tune. Auto tune is absolutely nauseating. If someone can't sing in tune, what the hell are they recording for? Jesus Christ almighty. It's pathetic. No, I don't mean the album. I haven't listened to it. I can deduce if something is any good or not by the comments I've read.

Layering. Oh Jesus. If you can hear it's been layered, the recording engineer is utterly incompetent. What I want to know is are there blue and yellow notes in there? Evidently not. Any broken 5ths, inverted 7ths? No one has said, "gosh was that really just one guitar, it sounds like dJango Reinhardt. Where did you learn to play like that?"

Or "Holy God, did you really do that in 1 take? What gear did you use? A Brunel? Nice one. How did you get the reverb? Oh I see you actually took the bother to set up a speaker mic array in a church? Good one, about time churches were used for something useful."

But no, none of that. Well, art it's not. No I don't need to listen to it to know it's rubbish. The fact it's free gives a strong hint. I don't listen to free music. I pay for the music I buy. I like my artists to get paid.

Advice. Put some sweat into it until you realise that giving it away for free will insense you, then I might consider taking a short sample to decide whether it's worth my while ordering it or not.
auto tune is what it is. it wont save you if you cant carry a tune. sounds like a robot. any dry signal would be obvious. lol, thats why britney and company lip sync.
the stuff in the middle, well, you said you didnt listen to it....
advice? why give it to me? its not my music...

but about the free stuff. theres a lot to be said about public domain. i think its great that all the old traditional stuff like jigs and reels is public. and when someone comes up with a new one its just built on the back of all that came before it. theres nothing original there, in "new" trad music. and you can say the same about blues, rock and all the rest. nothing new under the sun. i have come up with "new" jigs and reels. "new blues"? every time i pick up a guitar. same as most guitar players i am sure. nothing to it really. wouldn't think of trying to protect those "new" things either. i use those ideas in lessons for instance. its great for teaching improvisation. i like sharing that stuff. i put stuff on line just for kicks. its what music is for. if i wrote something and made it public its nice to get credit. if i go play it and get paid, great. if someone else plays it and gets paid, fine. they did the performance, not me. maybe they'll do it better. it does not incense me to give stuff away. and its not a matter of not having sweat enough. my favorite mode of performance is busking. blues on a cigar box sometimes with a battery, an inverter and an itty bitty amp. if people like and drop money thats cool. if they dont like it and dont drop money thats cool. sometimes they like it and dont drop money and stand and talk. thats cool. i am just sitting and playing, they can react how they like. i have no expectations. why should i? music is what it is. money is what it is. and to be honest with you, once money gets involved in something you love it becomes a job, at least in my experience. thats why i wont do the gigging band thing anymore. i keep thinking i'd like to again but i remember the down side.even lessons i just kept it to a bare minimum. too many students, too much work. its a drag. a couple of students it remains fresh and fun.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #24
Lunar_Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyhedron View Post

Oh hey dude, I loved your work on this Deadmau5 track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezDb...utu.be&t=4m59s
Lunar_Sol is offline   Reply With Quote