Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries > Mythological & Cryptozoology / Channeling / Psychic Abilities / Lucid Dreaming / OBE & Reinc

Old 21-08-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
sentient being
Inactive

Default Lucid Dreaming For Changing Your Life

By far the best description of Lucid Dreaming, I've ever read.

Good luck everyone.

http://holosla.com/2009/04/01/lucid-...ing-your-life/

LUCID DREAMING FOR CHANGING YOUR LIFE

Lucid Dreaming is a powerful skill for making changes in yourself and your life. Also known as conscious dreaming, a lucid dream is one in which you are aware you are dreaming. Your body is asleep but your mind is awake and aware. When you are in the lucid dream state, you can actively participate in and manipulate the dream.

The benefits of lucid dreaming are many. As you develop the ability to lucid dream the quality of your sleep will be better. It will be deeper and more restful, and as a result, you will require less sleep overall. One reason is that material that has gone unprocessed from your day or from the past gets worked out in the dreamtime. In the lucid dream state you will gain access to your subconscious mind and be able to work with the material presented to you in a conscious way. You can resolve personal issues and generate solutions to life situations rapidly and with deep effects because you are already working at the level of the subconscious mind where real change occurs.

In addition, you will find that lucid dreaming enhances your intuitive and psychic abilities. The conscious mind uses language as its main means for communicating. The subconscious mind uses the language of symbolic imagery. By practicing being aware in the dream state you develop the ability to be able to read these symbolic messages. Over time, the experience of flashes of insight increases in the waking state along with a greater understanding of these insights because the practice has created a clearer line of communication between your conscious and subconscious mind. As a result, you will function more optimally with intuitive flashes and insights becoming much more a part of your daily life.

To begin lucid dreaming, the first thing is to start remembering your dreams. This is done by keeping a dream journal. Buy a notebook and a pen to keep a record of your dreams and place it by your bed at night. Before you go to sleep, take a minute, and repeat a clear and strong statement of intention to yourself several times, “I will remember at least two dreams by the time I wake up.” This statement of intention is the first communication with your subconscious mind to set up the agreement that you are ready to begin remembering your dreams. As you drift off to sleep, trust that when you awaken you will remember your dreams in the morning.

When you wake up, stay in bed for a few minutes in the dreamy drowsy state known as the hypnogogic state, and with your eyes still closed, try and recall anything you can from the night before. Anything. Whatever it is, even if it is a vague recollection, write it down. If you don’t remember anything that’s fine. Simply, continue the process and you will find that each morning you will remember more. If you remember something during the course of the day make a notation and include it in your dream journal when you get home. When you record your dreams, refrain from analyzing them as you write them down. Just write down whatever comes to you and as much as you can remember. By the end of a few weeks you will be recalling a great deal of dream material.

The second step is done during waking hours. Go through your dream journal and find some event or imagery that repeats itself. Make sure it’s also something that happens to you in your waking life. Pick one of the repeated elements of your dream and whenever you experience that same thing in your waking life, stop and ask yourself, “Am I dreaming?”

For example, if you see your hands in your dreams then throughout the course of your day look at your hands and ask yourself the question, “Am I dreaming?” As another example, if you find that you walk through doorways in your dreams then whenever you walk through a doorway in your waking life touch the door jamb and ask, “Am I dreaming?” This sets up an anchor for remembering. At some point, you will have a dream and, as you see your hands or walk through a doorway or whatever it is you choose to remember, you will reflexively ask the question, “Am I dreaming?” This time the answer will be ‘yes’, and, chances are, that you will find yourself suddenly awake inside the dream!

When you are awake inside the dream you can begin to watch the dream unfold. As you remain in the lucid state you can begin to change and manipulate the dream in different ways. In the beginning, you will be awake and watching the dream like a movie, but over time you will find that you possess greater and greater ability to control the dream and the way it unfolds. Eventually, you will be able to choose what you want to dream and can even begin dreaming about events of the day or of your past where you can change the outcome in ways that serve your highest fulfillment. Changing these events from your day or your past to outcomes that you desire will have a positive effect on your psyche, sense of well-being and self-mastery. You will be reprogramming your subconscious mind to accept the best possible solution or response to an issue or situation and it will make the appropriate changes in your subconscious. You will find that it has a dramatic effect on your waking life, as well. As you become very good at lucid dreaming you can even take future events into the dreamtime and work with them so the outcomes manifest in the way you desire!

Have fun, practice well, and we’ll see you in the dreamtime!
sentient being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
sentient being
Inactive

Live Lucid.
Old 21-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
michael christopher

Great advice, I am going to try to ask myself that more often. It makes sense. I've only had a couple of lucid dreams but they were amazing experiences.

grace society
"Scrier" (my first novel)
michael christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
sentient being
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael christopher View Post
Great advice, I am going to try to ask myself that more often. It makes sense. I've only had a couple of lucid dreams but they were amazing experiences.

I'm happy it makes you feel good. A piece of advice I can give, is to do reality checks every 15 minutes if you can. Also, if the people you are around are comfortable, ask aloud "Am I dreaming?" then snap your fingers and see if an item that you desire appears in your hands. If not, tell yourself, "No, I'm awake". "But when I'm dreaming, I will remember I'm dreaming and I"ll stay calm and lucid for a long long time". I find, when I devote myself to every 15 minutes, the lucid dreams come quickly. Posting this has encouraged me to get back on track.

Also, you'll feel so exhillerated if you begin to fly upward. Be sure to remember to lower yourself back onto the ground very gently. Awaken very gently as opposed to abruptly. You'll bring that magnificent lucid energy back with you to the waking world. If you do it abruptly, I find, you bring the same energy back as that of a regular dream.

Good luck. Actually nothing lucky about it. Devote yourself to it and post your first lucid dream, which you will have within 1 week.

Yes, I know you know about lucid dreaming, the advice was for those starting out.

Last edited by sentient being; 21-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 21-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
paradise_1000
Inactive

smoke weed all day and you will NOT get any Lucid dreams at all

works like a charm
paradise_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
mrindigo
Inactive

Some good advice there. I dream lucidly quite often and use similar methods, so I would suggest following these steps. I don't personally keep a journal, but that's a good idea.

These tactics can be very helpful to people with reoccurring nightmares as well. Once a person is able to actively differentiate between the dream world and this world, nightmares become trivial and are easily controlled.
mrindigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
michael christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrindigo View Post
Some good advice there. I dream lucidly quite often and use similar methods, so I would suggest following these steps. I don't personally keep a journal, but that's a good idea.

These tactics can be very helpful to people with reoccurring nightmares as well. Once a person is able to actively differentiate between the dream world and this world, nightmares become trivial and are easily controlled.
I have had many attacks in my dreams where I realize I'm dreaming and quickly overpower the attacker, but it usually takes something dramatic like that to make me realize I'm in control.

grace society
"Scrier" (my first novel)
michael christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
sentient being
Inactive

Who's gonna be the first to bring something from the "Lucid Realm" to "Waking Reality"? I hope me. But it's gonna be fun to see.
Old 22-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
whiterain

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradise_1000 View Post
smoke weed all day and you will NOT get any Lucid dreams at all

works like a charm
stop or cut down though and the lucid dreams will hit you like a sledgehammer.

i once went away for a week without weed. read a bit of a bill hicks anthology on the return journey and the first dream i had when i got back was like i was channeling bills anger. i was literally screaming at people and how stupid/blind we can all be at times and it was so real it freaked the shit out of me cos im generally not an angry person. looking into it though it was great because it led me to take my dreams alot more 'seriously'.
Old 22-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
infinite i

Quote:
I have had many attacks in my dreams where I realize I'm dreaming and quickly overpower the attacker, but it usually takes something dramatic like that to make me realize I'm in control.
Same here

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
mrindigo
Inactive

Quote:
I'm glad you were able to do that. Sometimes it takes situations like that for our better and stronger sides to emerge. It's often surprising, and that shock can open up other doors when your empowerment is claimed.
Old 22-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #12
mrindigo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient being View Post
Who's gonna be the first to bring something from the "Lucid Realm" to "Waking Reality"? I hope me. But it's gonna be fun to see.
That would be really cool. The closest I've come to something like that is smells. Here's an example.

I was having an out of body dream, I started out by watching myself sleep while standing at my bed side (that's wild in itself). Everything had this bright orange coloration with a fuzzy glow. After messing around a bit, I flew through my wall. A person in the neighborhood was mowing their lawn. I hovered there admiring the detail and attention he gave to his task. I woke up and the first thing I noticed was the scent of freshly cut grass. My windows were shut too. I can't say I brought it with me, as it could have been my subconscious and conscious mind working at the same time. I was still sleepy so it's possible. Still, it was really strange and a bit exciting.

Last edited by mrindigo; 22-08-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 22-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #13
sentient being
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrindigo View Post
That would be really cool. The closest I've come to something like that is smells. Here's an example.

I was having an out of body dream, I started out by watching myself sleep while standing at my bed side (that's wild in itself). Everything had this bright orange coloration with a fuzzy glow. After messing around a bit, I flew through my wall. A person in the neighborhood was mowing their lawn. I hovered there admiring the detail and attention he gave to his task. I woke up and the first thing I noticed was the scent of freshly cut grass. My windows were shut too. I can't say I brought it with me, as it could have been my subconscious and conscious mind working at the same time. I was still sleepy so it's possible. Still, it was really strange and a bit exciting.

Of course you brought it with you. Remember your windows were shut. Look at how we dismiss/reason away our powers so easily. That's why when we encounter the ridiculous in dreams, we rationalize the bizarre and end up not waking up in the dream. It's okay though, we're taught to rationalize the irrational in our waking world so it transfers into dreams.

So yeah, it is exciting. Keep that excitement with you. I look forward to what else you will bring back/cause to manifest in the waking world, when next YOU GET LUCID. Thanks for sharing.
Old 23-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #14
sentient being
Inactive

Awake or Dreaming?
Old 23-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #15
mrindigo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient being View Post
Of course you brought it with you. Remember your windows were shut. Look at how we dismiss/reason away our powers so easily. That's why when we encounter the ridiculous in dreams, we rationalize the bizarre and end up not waking up in the dream. It's okay though, we're taught to rationalize the irrational in our waking world so it transfers into dreams.

So yeah, it is exciting. Keep that excitement with you. I look forward to what else you will bring back/cause to manifest in the waking world, when next YOU GET LUCID. Thanks for sharing.
What you say is true, many of us are very dismissive of our abilities. I understand why, I know how to change that, but it's breaking away from the habit of falling into it that's hard. I'm hopeful I'll be able to get past that soon, and everyone else too for that matter. Thank you for the encouraging words.
Old 23-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #16
devanshoom

i used to into the lucid dreaming/astral projection thing but it takes an enormous amount of energy and focus...and with the amount of daily crap going on around me I gradually lost the focus neccesary. Yoga, dreams, binauraling and dowsing are things I would like to be doing but at the end of the day I simply dont have the energy/focus required...so more often than not I just end up having a joint in the evening and vegging out in front of my IBM T60......my thirst for online documentaries seems to get in the way of doing stuff that might elevate me to new heights. I lack inner discipline. Sometimes I think I would be better off just packing my computer away and I reckon that alone would free me up somewhat...its just too damn easy to waste time in front of a computer.
devanshoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 04:47 AM   #17
devanshoom

I recently downloaded a pack entitled "quantum mind power"...it is like binaurals but apparently different in ways that an average layman like myself cannot undertsand. . Im telling you this thing appears to be quite potent. It has a whole load of different brain entrainment MP3s but I havent really got round to using them all and so cant really review it properly.... but what i can say at the MP3 file entitled "digital coffee" actually works. It is designed to do what caffiene does, i.e., give you a kick up the arse and get you doing things when you are lazy. I have a standing heart rate of 47 beats per minute and this often makes me lethergic, especially now i am 36 and getting on a bit....I often find it hard to generate energy in the morning but fuck me that digital coffee audio...I was quite surprised to find myself up and about doing stuff when normally I would be having a lie in.

The digital coffee thing is available on a free download...the rest of the package is quite expensive but you can actually get it free via piratebay...I did this...i feel a bit guilty getting it for free, since it probably took some dude years to create. If the rest of the stuff on there turns out to be as good as the digital coffee thing then I might wire the guy a sheepish donation.

thought i would share this...for what its worth

Last edited by devanshoom; 23-08-2009 at 04:50 AM.
devanshoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 04:51 AM   #18
sentient being
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by devanshoom View Post
i used to into the lucid dreaming/astral projection thing but it takes an enormous amount of energy and focus...and with the amount of daily crap going on around me I gradually lost the focus neccesary. Yoga, dreams, binauraling and dowsing are things I would like to be doing but at the end of the day I simply dont have the energy/focus required...so more often than not I just end up having a joint in the evening and vegging out in front of my IBM T60......my thirst for online documentaries seems to get in the way of doing stuff that might elevate me to new heights. I lack inner discipline. Sometimes I think I would be better off just packing my computer away and I reckon that alone would free me up somewhat...its just too damn easy to waste time in front of a computer.

Isn't truly living, worth it?
Old 23-08-2009, 04:51 AM   #19
jonbongjovi

I haven't found it took any particular trick or discipline.. but I've stopped smoking pot for awhile and been reading about lucid dreams and what do you know but I've had 2 in the last 4 sleeps.

First one was very cool..When you realise you are dreaming everything you are seeing it makes you realise just what your brain is capable of and what your subconcious really creates. When the dream started to fade I remembered something i had read from a website about spinning around to resharpen things and it actually worked to my amazement.

My second one wasn't as cool. It was not a nightmare as such but just some dark themes and imagery. When I twigged it was a dream I was'nt sure how to wake myself up. So I decided to jump off a tall building. I was dreading that falling sensation but as soon as I took that jump the dream was over but it was like I was momentarily in sleep paralysis or something.. just took a few secs to properly wake up...weird ass shit but interesting...
jonbongjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
sentient being
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by devanshoom View Post
I recently downloaded a pack entitled "quantum mind power"...it is like binaurals but apparently different in ways that an average layman like myself cannot undertsand. . Im telling you this thing appears to be quite potent. It has a whole load of different brain entrainment MP3s but I havent really got round to using them all and so cant really review it properly.... but what i can say at the MP3 file entitled "digital coffee" actually works. It is designed to do what caffiene does, i.e., give you a kick up the arse and get you doing things when you are lazy. I have a standing heart rate of 47 beats per minute and this often makes me lethergic, especially now i am 36 and getting on a bit....I often find it hard to generate energy in the morning but fuck me that digital coffee audio...I was quite surprised to find myself up and about doing stuff when normally I would be having a lie in.

The digital coffee thing is available on a free download...the rest of the package is quite expensive but you can actually get it free via piratebay...I did this...i feel a bit guilty getting it for free, since it probably took some dude years to create. If the rest of the stuff on there turns out to be as good as the digital coffee thing then I might wire the guy a sheepish donation.

thought i would share this...for what its worth

Sounds interesting, however, be careful. Remember a lot of what their experiments et al are about is manipulating the mind through waves and what not. Try to live as natural as possible.