Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 05-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
stickwhistler

Default Police assaulted bystander who died - G20

Police assaulted bystander who died during G20 protests

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-ian-tomlinson

"The man who died during last week's G20 protests was "assaulted" by riot police shortly before he suffered a heart attack, according to witness statements received by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Investigators are examining a series of corroborative accounts that allege Ian Tomlinson, 47, was a victim of police violence in the moments before he collapsed near the Bank of England in the City of London last Wednesday evening. Three witnesses have told the Observer that Mr Tomlinson was attacked violently as he made his way home from work at a nearby newsagents. One claims he was struck on the head with a baton.

Photographer Anna Branthwaite said: "I can remember seeing Ian Tomlinson. He was rushed from behind by a riot officer with a helmet and shield two or three minutes before he collapsed." Branthwaite, an experienced press photographer, has made a statement to the IPCC."

The rest at the link above.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
lightworks

I was ad-libbing when I wrote this post...
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...556#post906556
but my how accurate I seem to have been
lightworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
meksar

Doesn't surprise me one bit at all, these Masonic/Common Purpose goons are traitors to justice and humanity.
meksar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
rhydra

He was living at a bail hostel accused of a crime unknown, the police, I am convinced, deliberately targeted him for reasons unknown, perhaps as a warning.

The fact that he was living at a bail hostel was released quickly, anyone else notice?

Also, because he was living at a bail hostel puts it into the minds of the media and much of the public that he should not be awarded much sympathy or coverage.

The police murdered the fella, a brutal and premeditated murder instigated by Common Purpose.

Who's next?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
jimmi

Another premeditated murder by the police that are only there to keep us safe?

Surely not!

jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
kiwimaj
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
Another premeditated murder by the police that are only there to keep us safe?

Surely not!

kiwimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
silvabak

puttin bits together i believe they turned off the cameras now so they could purposely kill/injure members of the protesters with no evidence then spin it in the newspapers like protesters are dumb animals hurting eachother....which makes some people think all this crazyness happens so its not worth protesting themselves...think if it all went well an they made a difference more people would want to join the protest next time, but with all this going on people think its not worth it.

notice how the abuse of protesters in france was not covered in media aswell.

makes me sick police actually forcing people away from the summit an all the news can cover is how nice these polticians wifes are ect
silvabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Angry Real reason for death

http://members5.boardhost.com/mfcyou...238938342.html

The real reason he was killed!!
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
godspeed

who's next indeed.....can see through their lies when they say they were trying to protect a member of the public.......from whom !!!
godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
pduffy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvabak View Post
puttin bits together i believe they turned off the cameras now so they could purposely kill/injure members of the protesters with no evidence then spin it in the newspapers...
Exactly.
Cameras off so they can kill at will with as little chance of evidence and they can prosecute and imprison anyone who photographs the Police. [LINK:]

Why do the Police do it though? I can't understand them.

Last edited by pduffy4; 05-04-2009 at 09:20 PM.
pduffy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
belial

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickwhistler View Post
Police assaulted bystander who died during G20 protests

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-ian-tomlinson

"The man who died during last week's G20 protests was "assaulted" by riot police shortly before he suffered a heart attack, according to witness statements received by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Investigators are examining a series of corroborative accounts that allege Ian Tomlinson, 47, was a victim of police violence in the moments before he collapsed near the Bank of England in the City of London last Wednesday evening. Three witnesses have told the Observer that Mr Tomlinson was attacked violently as he made his way home from work at a nearby newsagents. One claims he was struck on the head with a baton.

Photographer Anna Branthwaite said: "I can remember seeing Ian Tomlinson. He was rushed from behind by a riot officer with a helmet and shield two or three minutes before he collapsed." Branthwaite, an experienced press photographer, has made a statement to the IPCC."

The rest at the link above.
Attack the Police back... the Police are nothing more than over-payed bullies.

Simple as.
belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
eric_blair

this was posted on that story as a comment

" Daniel873
05 Apr 09, 3:38pm (about 17 hours ago)
I was outside the Bank of England at the time. I didn't see what happened to Ian Tomlinson specifically, but the account given by police seems very suspect to me. I remember tensions really started to build in the crowd around 6:45pm, at which point we'd already been "kettled" in for over six hours with nobody being allowed to leave the (now very small) area. What especially got the crowd annoyed (which I don't think has been given much attention in the press) was that there were no toilet facilities, so people had to urinate on the streets. Some people attached a large banner around some fencing and put it against a building so the women could hide behind it and have a certain degree of privacy, but it's still very degrading. By about 6:45pm the place was starting to stink and we were all walking in our own urine and everyone wanted to go home. People then started to move towards the police lines on Threadneedle Street and demand to be released and started chanting "Let us out!", but were pushed back.

Then again at around 7pm the protesters moved again but this time they went towards the police barricade on Cornhill street (there seemed to be more press at that end on the other side of the police lines so we thought we could get some attention on what was happening). The police demanded that we move back and started pushing us back with their riot shields, in response some of the protesters at the front started to sit down and refused to move, the police soon stopped pushing. After a while (I guess about 7:15pm) the riot police without any warning very aggressively and indiscriminately baton charged the entire crowd (including those sitting down), knocking at least a few dozen people to the ground, some of who were inadvertently trampled on by other fleeing protesters before getting to or being pulled to their feet. I also saw police hitting people from behind with their shields and batons (sometimes on the head) even though they were only trying to get away. This was by far the single most aggressive (and dangerous) police action during the day, and I remember thinking at the time that somebody could have been killed in that.

According to media reports Mr. Tomlinson was found dead on this very street at 7:25pm. Although as I said earlier I did not see what happened to him and do not claim to have witnessed it directly; I find it quite difficult to believe that someone within a crowd on a certain street just happened to fall dead of "natural causes" within minutes of police very violently baton charging said crowd on said street. Just what are the odds?"
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #13
kallista
Banned

Very sad.

What is wrong with these people?
kallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
alfrmo

Angry Deliberate Provocation by Police!

The deliberate policy of corralling demonstrators into a so-called "controlled area" serves two purposes, the first is that demonstrators cannot go anywhere and participate in what is supposedly "legal protest" the second one is that by not allowing anyone in or out some demonstrators naturally start to panic, some may have to leave in order to get home etc, and there are always agent provocateurs placed by the state in order to stir the shit up enabling the police to go in with batons etc! it is totally provocative to detain people in this way, and makes a total mockery of the fact that we are meant to live in a democracy!
alfrmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #15
eric_blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfrmo View Post
The deliberate policy of corralling demonstrators into a so-called "controlled area" serves two purposes, the first is that demonstrators cannot go anywhere and participate in what is supposedly "legal protest" the second one is that by not allowing anyone in or out some demonstrators naturally start to panic, some may have to leave in order to get home etc, and there are always agent provocateurs placed by the state in order to stir the shit up enabling the police to go in with batons etc! it is totally provocative to detain people in this way, and makes a total mockery of the fact that we are meant to live in a democracy!
the whole message seems to be "if you protest this is what happens"

there must be some legal infringement, unlawful imprisonment without cause etc,

joys of living in a free country eh?

Last edited by eric_blair; 06-04-2009 at 11:06 AM.
eric_blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #16
belial

"Police assaulted bystander who died - G20"

Let's analyze the word 'Police' shall we?

- The Police are 'authorised' to use violence against the very people that pay them... us.

- The Police are 'authorised' to protect 'delicate' 'meetings' like G20 in order to stop us from gaining the truth.

- The Police are 'authorised' to use 'reasonable force' in order to protect the scum that rob/steal/murder (they are called 'politicians').

And what do we all do about these criminals called 'The Police'?

Nothing... zilch... back away... run a mile...

People need to grow some balls, IMO.
belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #17
stickwhistler

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...police-assault

"A riot officer came up behind him and grabbed him. It wasn't just pushing him - he'd rushed him. He went to the floor and he did actually roll. That was quite noticeable. It was the force of the impact. It was all from behind. The officer hit him twice with a baton [when he was] on the floor. So it wasn't just that the officer had pushed him - it became an assault. And then the officer picked him up from the back, continued to walk or charge with him, and threw him. He was running and stumbling. He didn't turn and confront the officer or anything like that."
Anna Branthwaite, 36, freelance photographer, south London

"I saw a man approaching the police line from my right. He was quite tall with a beer belly and short hair. I later recognised him from a picture. He was on his own. He walked up to the police across the Royal Exchange Building, towards the centre left of their line. He did not appear drunk - he was walking normally. I saw him suddenly fall back as though flung down with force. It was as though he had been spun. He fell and hit the top of his head hard. I was shocked. He lay on the ground for around 30 seconds without moving before a protester helped him up. The police did not help him at all."
Kezia Rolfe, 27, NGO researcher, Stoke Newington

"Police got into scuffles with people. They were pushing the line forward. When he got hit, police were coming forwards. He got hit near the head with a baton. I saw him fall so I moved back. But I saw him on the floor and someone picking him up - that's when I took the picture. After that, I was taking pictures of police and the dog line, and a girl came and said 'This guy needs help'. He was further back down the road."
Amiri Howe, 24, actor/musician, west London

Picture below from just after collapse.
http://www.demotiximages.com/news/ma...g-g20-protests

Ambulance guys taking him away.
http://www.javno.com/en/foto.php?id=...34&idrf=560858
Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
keithm
Inactive

IPCC orders a "managed investigation" into Mr.tomlinsons death,

yeh, a pissing stage managed investigation to protect the thug cops and satisfy the sheep.
keithm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #19
flip side
Inactive

Even if this eventually goes to court, they'll just get a coroner to instruct on what verdict the jury can give. When it comes to sad incidents like this there is never justice. Whitewash coming, you can see it now.
flip side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #20
steevo
Inactive

Very very sad
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote