Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 13-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #41
mcmenek1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark86 View Post
how do i buy euros without losing too much £ in commission? how does one but gold bullion and then withdraw from cash machines?

i gave up all my my outgoings 1.5 years ago and am truly free, soon off to india for 6 months. get out of the system - you are being mugged off.
Hi dark86,

The best thing to do is to set up a Euro Savings Bank account, most of the main high street banks offer them.....

A good place to buy Euros is from these people:

http://www.hellocurrency.com/?gclid=...FQ13MAodMg1dVw

They offer better exchange rates than the main Banks the more you buy the better exchange rate you will get......you just credit their bank account with UK Pounds and they credit your Euro account with Euros, its all very easy.....

The idea with Gold Bullion is to buy it and hold it......... the value of the gold bullion has been increasing while the value of UK Pounds & US Dollars has been decreasing...... when you need cash you sell some of your gold bullion back to the Bullion dealer and hopefully you will get more than you paid for it providing the price has gone up.......2007 has seen a price rise of 30% for gold bullion, in 2008 the signs so far are this will continue with the potential to increase much more than 30%......

Love
&
Peace
mcmenek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #42
mcmenek1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pri01 View Post
Hi mcmenek1, I've been thinking about selling my house and renting until this all dies down. How do you go about buying gold bullion though and where would you keep it safely?
Hi pri01,

There are various places in the UK where you can buy Gold Bullion:

http://www.goldline.co.uk/

http://www.atsbullion.com/index.html

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/

Baird&Co are probably cheapest of the 3........

Here is a link to a thread on a Gold forum that talks about the best places to keep Gold Bullion safely.......(PM's stands for Precious Metals)

http://www.goldismoney.info/forums/s...d.php?t=217832

This is another good link that shows how Gold has risen recently and over the last 10 years:

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

I hope this helps........

Love
&
Peace
mcmenek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #43
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblood View Post
I thought the rules of bankruptsy is the same everywhere. Although bankrupt, there is still a minimum amount of money a person must have each month to live by, and if you rent everything instead of buying, then your money will be going to whoever you rent stuff from, and the debt collectors will have to wait in line, and not get their money unless you begin having a surpluss after getting minimum wage/money each month and paying all the renting bills.

No the rules are different in different countries. I think there are even minor differences between states in Australia.

Here they do not take your car if it under a certain value, I think, $6,000. I remember once telling a creditor that I would drive it off a cliff before I let them have it He told me they wouldn't bother as it wasn't worth the added expense. That surprised me as the car was valued at $9,000

Neither does it cost an individual declaring bankruptcy. Some good information here for Aussies

http://www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au/ch03s05s11.php

I had a great book when I was struggling financially. It was written by a former debt collector and was titled 'How to Avoid your Debts'. It told you how far you could push them and procedures to take to stall. All legal! It also explained that they have a certain budget to try to scare you into paying and when that limit has been reached, they will call the hounds off. All very interesting but relevant to Australian laws.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #44
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Good luck. I've always dreamed of being a gypsy.
If anyone wants to sweep a voluptuous young woman away in their horse-drawn carriage then let me know......

Wait a minute.....I'm not really a voluptuous woman- that's just an illusion, a false identity.

I'm infinite consciousness.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #45
harx bhullar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by john white View Post
Right I'm quoting myself here becuase I just went and checked and the updated figure quoted on Radio 4 today was actually

£58,000,000,000!

I'm now spitting, 'cos thats nearly a million quid for every british citizen looted out of country by the international banks who then give our War Criminal ex PM a cushty number! Whilst we are supposed to aspire to slaving in debt to these chunts!
Didnt realise the UK only had 58.000 inhabitants
harx bhullar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #46
john white

Yeah mate, already covered that earlier in the thread.

https://www.facebook.com/john.white.50596013
john white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #47
masonfree party
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
Good luck. I've always dreamed of being a gypsy.
If anyone wants to sweep a voluptuous young woman away in their horse-drawn carriage then let me know......

Wait a minute.....I'm not really a voluptuous woman- that's just an illusion, a false identity.

I'm infinite consciousness.
Thanks...check this out!

http://www.windysmithy.co.uk/html/wagons.htm

Associated websites:

www.avalonyurts.com - Beautiful yurts made in Somerset
www.baba.org.uk - British Artists Blacksmiths Association
www.bhba.org.uk - Blackdown Hills
www.carpentersfellowship.co.uk - Carpenters Fellowship official site
www.hesfes.co.uk - Home Educators' seaside festival
www.mongolianyurts.co.uk - Yurts from Mongolia
www.tfguild.org - Timber Framers Guild
www.woodenways.com - Beautiful log cabins and timber frames made in Devon
www.woodmanship.co.uk - Sustainable timber products
www.woodlandyurts.co.uk - Great Yurt website
www.worldtents.co.uk - Yurts and tents
www.devonoak.co.uk - Timber framers from Devon

Last edited by masonfree party; 13-01-2008 at 08:51 PM.
masonfree party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #48
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonfree party View Post
Old 13-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #49
pri01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmenek1 View Post
Hi pri01,

There are various places in the UK where you can buy Gold Bullion:

http://www.goldline.co.uk/

http://www.atsbullion.com/index.html

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/

Baird&Co are probably cheapest of the 3........

Here is a link to a thread on a Gold forum that talks about the best places to keep Gold Bullion safely.......(PM's stands for Precious Metals)

http://www.goldismoney.info/forums/s...d.php?t=217832

This is another good link that shows how Gold has risen recently and over the last 10 years:

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

I hope this helps........

Love
&
Peace
Thank you for this. It does help. I know nothing about the trade of gold, other than that which is seen in pawn shops. From my understanding, people are never given the true value for their jewellery. I need to do something, even though my little home is not worth a vast amount of money. I have spent most of my adult life working to pay the debt on it, hopefully to leave it to my kids.
pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #50
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks...check this out!

http://www.windysmithy.co.uk/html/wagons.htm

Associated websites:

www.avalonyurts.com - Beautiful yurts made in Somerset
www.baba.org.uk - British Artists Blacksmiths Association
www.bhba.org.uk - Blackdown Hills
www.carpentersfellowship.co.uk - Carpenters Fellowship official site
www.hesfes.co.uk - Home Educators' seaside festival
www.mongolianyurts.co.uk - Yurts from Mongolia
www.tfguild.org - Timber Framers Guild
www.woodenways.com - Beautiful log cabins and timber frames made in Devon
www.woodmanship.co.uk - Sustainable timber products
www.woodlandyurts.co.uk - Great Yurt website
www.worldtents.co.uk - Yurts and tents
www.devonoak.co.uk - Timber framers from Devon
I have read about those. Earthships sound great too.

It would be difficult to just make one materialize out of thin air though.........

I suppose you would need to acquire the skills first of all, and/ or have a bit of cash saved up already to buy the materials.

The only problem I have, is I need to want something really bad before I can motivate myself to do something about it.

I'm not really sure what I want.

I guess I would like to have been born as a Native American and live as part of an Earth friendly, spiritual community- but there's little chance of incarnating in that way now their land has been taken, etc, etc.

If I knew others to do something like this with, then I think I would.
Old 13-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #51
masonfree party
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
I have read about those. Earthships sound great too.

It would be difficult to just make one materialize out of thin air though.........

I suppose you would need to acquire the skills first of all, and/ or have a bit of cash saved up already to buy the materials.

The only problem I have, is I need to want something really bad before I can motivate myself to do something about it.

I'm not really sure what I want.

I guess I would like to have been born as a Native American and live as part of an Earth friendly, spiritual community- but there's little chance of incarnating in that way now their land has been taken, etc, etc.

If I knew others to do something like this with, then I think I would.

If you fancy opting out then there are many places you can go...i'm thinking of heading down Cornwall when i get my van sorted...most of these places have accomadation in some form but its always nice to have your own space just in case...some places are great,others you feel like making a quick exit but that is pretty rare.What you do get is great food usually,good company and learn plenty of new things..and you need hardly any money and some might give you pocket money but you can always sign on i guess.Check out a list of places here..

http://www.wwoof.org/wwoofuknew/Pwhost4cy.asp
Old 13-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #52
masonfree party
Banned

think link didn't work but here's a few...you have to be a member of wwoof first though.. http://www.wwoof.org/wwoof_uk/join.html

Total number of hosts for UNITED KINGDOM = 393
Found 65 hosts
Dept/Region : SW
Host ID : SW73
SfCfNa2c1ArPhTtWgLeDtGctbH7Y4M1Z2B4 - 8E10-2

LOCATION : Hamlet 1 mile from St. Buryan & 6 miles from Penzance
Soil Association-certified organic holding of 14 acres (half fields, half woodland). We grow crops in 2 polytunnels and at small field scale for our own veg box scheme and local restaurants. Our aim is to provide sustainably produced, fresh, healthy food for the local community. The holding is a 25 minute cycle ride from beautiful beaches and coastline. We also collaborate with our neighbours on small-scale pig keeping. Accommodation is 6.5 miles away from the holding at our home in a quiet location in the small town of St Just, which has on its doorstep walks and cycle rides to fantastic beaches, cliffs and countryside. Single people or couples welcome. Facilities at the garden include a solar powered caravan (a chill out space for work breaks) and a compost loo.
Host ID : SW67
CiNa1c1AvKaPhTtWgwbLeDtGbH4Y5M1Z4B4-10E11-3

Quiet location in wooded valley. 50 acre plot, 10 of which is being converted to soft fruit production. Help needed with bramble clearing, weeding (mainly by hand), woodland work, building work, planting, picking fruit (hopefully!). This year I want to make a compost toilet and solar shower. I would also like to make woodland paths, stiles etc. Accommodation is basic but cosy and private. We live in a mobile home and there is a separate mobile 100 yards away for helpers. I can provide one cooked vegetarian meal each day or you can self cater. Hours are flexible and there will be plenty of time for enjoying the peaceful location. Nice for walking (friendly neighbours) and cycling (although a bit hilly!) Near to moors and the beautiful North Devon coast. Positive people welcome. Contact by telephone please. Leave your number and I will get back to you. (J06Nov)
Host ID : SW02
CcNa12c1ArKaPiTtWgwLeDtH6Y5M1Z3E12-2, 8

Rural community of about 15 people. 7 acres with walled garden, polytunnel, orchard, vines, compost toilets, reed bed sewage system and paddock with 3 sheep and several chickens. Organic vegetables, herbs and fruit. Work is usually seasonal gardening but we like wwoofers to live as part of the community, joining in with daily activities. Visits of one week minimum, extendable by arrangement. (R06)
Host ID : SW58
SfCfNa2ArcvKaPhTtWgawtbLespDtnsGbH6Y5M2B4-10

24ha. On moors. Sea Views. Came here in 1976. Suckler herd. Plan to convert to organic. Have organic garden and polytunnel. 1ha woodland. Uniquely preserved prehistoric village and replica round-house (see website). School visits. Prehistoric crafts. Work here is quite diverse. Could suit long-term WWOOFer. Self contained accommodation. Help needed with conservation, tree planting, ponds, hedges. Can teach building archaeology. (R06)
Host ID : SW04
CfNa2c2AcvKyaWgabDtnXsB3-10

3-acre family smallholding - Growing veg and herbs -selling surplus. Companion planting, heritage varieties, polytunnel, glasshouse and poultry + pigs. Withy bed and orchard, clearing land, building cob bread oven and eco-home. We've been here 6 years, aim to live well and enjoy the land. Work in green oak timber framing. Interests: basket making, living willow sculpture, bread making, preserving, green woodworking, eco-building. Beautiful beaches a cycle ride away - walking, surfing, rock climbing. Basic facilities. (R06)
Host ID : SW49
SgNa6AcvKnPiTtWgtbLesDtsGcbXsaH6B2-6E11-1

West Cornwall. 8 acres exposed but southfacing. At top of fields sea view to north and south. Need help with non-commercial veg garden with raised beds, 1 polytunnel, 1,000 very young trees, creating wind breaks. Practical knowledge of alternative technology welcomed. 1 dog, 4 cats, chickens. Informal set-up. Artistic and musical input welcomed. Prehistoric village and circle nearby. Own stone circle 4 years old. Willow circle being woven. Beaches 2 miles. Long stay possible if compatible. Accommodation outdoor room, caravan or similar. Vegetarian food provided BUT DIY cooking.
Host ID : SW05
SfCfArKnPhTtWgaLegDtGbH5Y5Z2B3-10E11-1

A 36 acre mixed organic farm, set in the ancient Cornish landscape (Soil Association Registered). 1-2 acres intensive market garden & polytunnel, supplying own farm shop. 2 Jersey house cows, laying chickens, pigs and small suckler beef herd. Philosophy of sustainability and self-sufficiency, producing quality food for the local community. 30 minute walk to the wild and rugged Atlantic coast in close proximity to Lands End.(R06)
Host ID : SW45
CfiNa5c1ArcvKaPiWgawbDtnGctbXs

25 acres, with veg garden, chickens, wild-flower meadow, orchard. 16 acres is newly planted broad leaved woodland, plus small mature woodland. Food grown for home consumption and market stall. We run summer camps with crafts, outdoor skill and awareness, healing skills, celebrations, feasts, ceremony, music, storytelling etc. We organise informally and welcome wwoofers input. Prefer long stayers. Do not email if reply is expected in less than three weeks. (R06)
Host ID : SW06
SfhCfAcvKnPiTtWgwtcLefDtnXsB1-12

41 acre mixed woodland, with Soil Association smallholding, comprising charcoal making, organic fruit and veg protected cropping, free range poultry. Achieved planning permission for our Timber House in 1995, through our sustainable enterprises. Pete is a multi skilled craftsman working in both wood and iron. Other activities include visits to Dartmoor and the seaside, tree climbing and wine making. Our children, Joe 9 and Faye 3 are active gardeners too.! (R06)
Host ID : SW80
SgCfNa2AdrcPiTtWgwtbLe

We have lived here for three years on a mostly ancient (neglected) woodland smallholding. About to build an eco-house on site. Ongoing work consists of extending and maintaining organic garden/orchard/soft fruit area and coppicing and restoring 8 acres of woodland/charcoal burning etc. Activities seasonal and very varied. No animals at present. Film-maker Tiny - also great breadmaker. Organic wholemeal foods. Interested in long-term WWOOFers. International WWOOFERS very welcome. We are both 60-ish (very young in outlook) and have young helpers nearby - daughter and partner who makes longbows. We're also involved in film-making, spinning, drawing and sustainable building
Host ID : SW96
SfeCfArvKaPhTtWgawtbyLeDsH5Y5M1B1 - 12

I've lived here on our 16 acre organic (since 1989), smallholding for 20yrs. The land is in DEFRA's Countryside Stewardship agreement with educational access and comprises an ancient well (reputed to cure madness), Cornish hedges (stone faced earth banks), heathland & unimproved meadows. Also 2 acres of 7 yrs old broadleaf native conservation woodland plantation. Future plans are to create a field / wildlife studies centre. Help is needed with day to day smallholding, conservation tasks and growing vegetables. We have rabbits, ducks, geese, chicken, goats, cows (kept to feed us) and native ponies (aiming to use on the land). Help also needed to renovate and convert some stone out-buildings into a residential family/student wildlife education resource centre. We already have passive solar hot water, but would like to build a compost loo, make use of grey/rain and the well water to become more self sufficient and are investigating potential for wind generated electricity. I'm
Host ID : SW46
ArvKnTtWgawbDtnsGcXsM1

The farm comprises 70 acres set in a county wildlife site where we undertake conservation work. There are lakes, stream, a river, woods and pasture. We graze cattle, breed alpacas and keep our own goats, hens and ducks. We have an orchard, soft fruit and vegetable garden and a polytunnel. We are as self-sufficient as possible and make jams and cheeses. In addition we have ponies, five hives of bees + dogs and cats, rabbits and guinea pigs. Andrew wood carves, and Julie trains camelids. (R06)
Host ID : SW07
ArcvKnTtLeDtnB2-11E12-1

2 acres. 1 acre grazing, one-third acre orchard + poultry, two-thirds veg, (polytunnels/soft fruit/bees/herbs. Now 5 sheep, ducks and 5 chickens. Currently using traditional organic cultivation and rotation with biodynamic applications. No-dig systems and permaculture forest garden. Fully S.A. Organic since 1998. Aim to live a sustainable lifestyle using organic, biodynamic and permaculture systems. Can teach organic gardening - all areas, countryside conservation and management, herbal preparations and drying, polytunnel growing. Local veg box scheme, winner of Soil Association 'Best Box Scheme Award in 2002'. Attend regular markets. Diana is training to become a medical herbalist and ongoing project this year is to design and create an Apothecary's Herbal Garden. Close to coast and moors with beautiful walks. Great vegetarian food and varied and extensive library. Rob used to wwoof.(R06)
Host ID : SW64
SfgCfcNa4c2AcvKaPhTtWgawtcbLefsDtsGtbH6Y4M1Z4

Govena is a small community of people living on 7 acres of land, endeavouring to live within the question "what does it mean to live sustainably?" It is our intention to 1) give people an opportunity to connect with land and nature 2) educate ourselves and others for sustainable living 3) provide a focal point and centre for the local and wider community interested in sustainable living. We have geese, chickens, chicks, sheep, lambs & piglets. We have planted a coppice, a woodland, an orchard, a holy well, wildlife pond, vegetable beds, polytunnel, outside wood burning hot tubs & compost loos. Excellent area for walking, exploring ancient sites, coast and beeches nearby. (R06)
Host ID : SW51
SfCfNa4ArKyaPhTtWgawbyLeDtsJyXsH8Y5B1-12

Beautiful old world farm set in 18th century parkland. Family established for 60 years. Young innovative team working with horses, cattle, nature. 280 acres. Friendly, communicative, soul searching people, philosophical interest in life. Looking for hard working, fun loving, honest people. Long or short term stays. Can teach riding and appreciation of this truly beautiful, cherished place. (R06)
Host ID : SW71
CiNa1AcvKyPiTtWgatbLeDtnsGtH5Y5M1Z12B4-10

Medicinal herb garden, herb processing room and classroom. Vegetables, chickens, sheep, horses. We are a group of herbalists and teachers running a herbal and environmental education facility. We do not live at the garden. Come and learn what all the weeds are good for. We aim to increase the biodiversity of this 3 acre field by establishing a pond, orchard, new hedge banks and wildflower meadow. Situated 3 miles from the 'alternative' town of Totnes. South facing with views down wooded valley, lots of lovely green lanes. Accom. in tipi, yurt or caravans. WWOOFers need to be able to cook their own food, fetch their water and firewood and run a woodburner if its chilly. There is no electricity. We will try and get a shower installed soon. Earth loos. Public transport is available to town, and there are bicycles.
Host ID : SW91
SfgCiNa2AvKnPhTtWgawLeDtsGcXsH8Y5M16Z104B1 - 12

130 acres of which 60 acres is planted with mixed broadleaves. Soil Association registered vegetable garden with raised beds, chickens, geese and ducks for eggs, a herd of Large Black Pigs and a flock of Jacob/Texel/Suffolk sheep. Accommodation is in a warm spacious mobile home. Can provide meals or can self cater. Looking for help with the animals, the garden and also the woodland - much wood to log and shift in an area untouched for the last 50 years or so. Would also like help with food preparation - can teach you how to cook as we run a small restaurant with rooms on the site. Long term, we are looking to build an eco house on part of the grounds. We are interested in long term WWOOFERS - International WWOOFERS very welcome. Have lots of fleeces from our Jacob x sheep to do something with - ideas welcome!
Host ID : SW08
SfCfNa2c3ArvKnPhTtWgatbLefDtnsGbXsH5Y5M1B1-12

All farm fully organic since 1988. Now registered Demeter - converting to Biodynamic, 104 acres with 30 acres vegetables - 60 varieties, 50 acres grass, 9 polytunnels, greenhouse and orchard. Beef suckler herd approx 20 cows, 1 bull, with offspring. Bees. 6 flocks laying chickens (500 hens). Aim to grow high quality organic produce and deliver to the consumer via box scheme (approx 300/week) (winners 2000 box scheme award) + wholesale at an affordable price, whilst constantly improving farm, techniques and knowledge. Specialise in growing unusual vegetables. Participating in Stewardship Scheme. Aim 2006 rebuild repair more stone hedges, cobble pathways, try new crops, renovate more barns. packing shed. Need help year round. Make own jams, chutneys and bread. This is a busy working farm providing main income. 3 of own children aged 14, 16,18 years. Long stay help welcome, especially March to August. (R06)
Host ID : SW92
CiNa2ArvKnPhTtWgaLeDtsGbXsH4Y5M2Z12B6 - 9

Small equestrian holding in a very attractive rural area of North Devon 6 miles from a spectacular coast. We are situated 3 miles from the nearest village, Buckland Brewer, which has a church, an excellent pub, post office, shop etc.. My husband is undergoing a knee operation early June. We would like a few hours help a day with the animals (2 horses, 2 miniature ponies, a cat , a small dog) and possibly the garden while I am out at work each day.The animals are well-mannered and affectionate and are members of our family. As such their needs always come first. We are both committed, knowlegeable conservationists with strong botanical and ornithological interests. Riding may be available for someone experienced.We are flexible, social and easy going. We do not have a TV, preferring to socialise and read, but are connected to the Internet. Number of hours and days per week are negotiable.
Host ID : SW34
ArcvKaLefsDtnXsB3-11

Family 21 acre smallholding with trees, vegetables, fruit, nuts and herbs. Raised beds and polytunnel. S.A. Symbol holders. Aiming for partnership with nature and using biodynamic and permaculture methods. Work mainly horticultural, but wide variety of other land and buildings maintenance jobs, including draining, woodwork, building and hedging. Fantastic food. Other interests: natural remedies especially herbs, spiritual healing, dowsing. Wide variety of books. Handy for coast and moorland. Long term WWOOFers welcome. No illegal substances please. (R06)
Host ID : SW99
SfCfNa2AvKaPiWgawyLefDtGcH6Y5M1Z4B1 - 12

We're a 120 acre beef and sheep farm. We've been organic since we came here in 1995. This is the most beautiful wooded valley, with fields leading down to the river. There's always work to do, from helping with the animals to pulling ragwort, and working in the woods. Rebuilding the tree- house is one of the many jobs we don't have time for. WWOOfers live as one of the family and we enjoy meeting volunteers from all round the world. Many have become friends, and we'd love to meet more! We were WWOOF hosts for some years and let the membership lapse through being disorganised with paperwork. We've continued to have volunteers through our website, but would like to rejoin WWOOF. We've very much enjoyed most of our WWOOFers, and they've enjoyed being here. Our son met his German girlfriend whilst she was WWOOFing here, and after 2 years in Germany they are now WWOOFing together in Australia.
Host ID : SW68
SfCfNa3c1AcvKnPhTtWgatLeDtGtH5Y5M1B1-11E12

10 acre, 200 year old miners croft on moors with ponds/leat. Ponies, various fowl and dog/cats. I am starting again from scratch due to kidney transplant. Clearing and energising of the land in the art of Feng Shui in Celtic landscape. Workshops around Celtic festivals. We welcome help from all walks of life who have a love of animals and land. Good sense of humour essential.
Host ID : SW62
CiNa4c3AcvKaPhWgawtbLeDsGtXsaH3Y4Z2

Community 24 acre smallholding on edge of Dartmoor purchased 5 years ago by local organisation Regenco, with aim of regenerating and reintegrating land, people and spirit. A place to grow; not only willow, hay, sheep, wild land, orchard and woodland, but also our understanding and skills of how to work with the land, ourselves and others in a health-giving way. Simple caravan (max 2 persons) or camping. 1 mile from shops and public transport. Wwoofers need to be self-reliant as members live 1-5 miles away. The only running water is a stream. Help welcome establishing basic infrastructure, caring for trees ('Ents' needed), land maintenance and occasional events (school visits, seasonal camps/celebrations and poetry walk.
Host ID : SW83
CfNa3c1ArcKaTtWgwbLefgDtnsXsH6Y5M1B1 - 12

Smallholding that we are renovating and replanting. We have registered with DEFRA to help restock our lakes, replant our orchards and we are cutlivating an area of organic vegetables which we want to triple. Want to turn one meadow into a wild flower area, one for sheep. We want to become as self-sufficient as possible and have just bought 6 bee hives & 3 chicken houses. We've just finished plans for a wonderful original copy of a Victorian kitchen garden. There is lots of hands-on experience to be had. We do everything traditionally and would very much like some help as there is a lot to do. We have a nice, welcoming house and eat excellent food. We have 2 spare rooms so privacy is ensured. We would like people who would like to work but have fun stuff for recreation: table tennis, skittles, shove ha'penny + TV and internet. Beach 20 mins away - if we go, we will be happy to take WWOOFers. It is a very beautiful place to be.
Host ID : SW56
SfCfNa3c1AcvKyPhTtWawtcLeDtnsXsH3Y5Z4B1-12

We have 80 acres of grass and ancient woodland in a beautiful valley overlooking the sea. The land is steep and difficult to farm but has very high value for nature conservation. I am a professional ecologist with a personal interest in bats. dormice, biodiversity. Our family is myself, my parents who are retired and my daughter aged 9. We are currently restoring the farm's hedgerows, gates, scrub clearance and managing flower rich grasslands with 50+ Ruby Red Devon beef cattle. We are slowly increasing farming operations with chickens, pigs and horses. I was a wwoofer as a student and want to exchange positive experiences. (R06)
Host ID : SW13
SfCfArcKnPhTtWgabLesDtnB1-12

Unspoilt traditional farm up on the Blackdown hills with superb views. All the fields have been hay meadows and are managed to encourage the flora, fauna and wildlife. The hedges are laid in winter, crops planted in spring, hay made in summer and cider in autumn. We have planted two orchards and manage these to make cider, apple juice and cider vinegar. We have traditional Ruby Red Devon cattle and a small flock of sheep and a couple of pigs. The main project this year will be focusing on restoring an old walled vegetable garden and building green houses. The pace of work here is quite slow and relaxed and the tranquillity is almost dreamy. You should see our web site for further details. ((R06)
Host ID : SW39
Na1AvKaPiTtLfDsJyXs

My 18 acre smallholding includes 6 acres of ancient semi-natural wet woodland and 10 acres of new native woodland, planted in December '03 using mat'n'mulch weed control system. There's a young half-acre mixed orchard, with some soft fruit. The work is mainly woodland management, path maintenance, grass cutting, etc. Come prepared for mud! Self-cater, ingredients provided. (R06)
Host ID : SW36
ArKnTtWgaLfsDtGtbXsZ3B1-12

2 acre smallholding. We have been here since June 2002. We currently keep pigs, sheep, ducks, hens, geese, rabbits, bees (and dogs). Also grow vegetables and flowers for cutting. Aim to be as self-sufficient as possible, selling cut flowers and surplus veg. Work includes plant propagation, vegetable growing, firewood, animal husbandry and building repairs. Midweek wwoofers welcome. Also self-catering accommodation available to hire.(R06)
Host ID : SW75
SfCfNa2c3AcvKaPhTtWgawbLefDtnGcbH6Y5M1Z3

Wild Cornwall. 10 acres 600 feet up looking out over St. Ives and the Atlantic, neglected for over 20 years, in the early days of taming for livestock, fruit, vegetables and woodland. I need help with practical jobs like restoring stone walls or cutting gorse. Our aim is self-sufficiency and sustainability for the future. I am a photographer and Paul is a computer doctor so help and advice to budding photographers and pc phobics is available. We have a lively Labrador bitch. We cater for vegetarians but my view is that a rabbit shot for the pot is just, a factory farmed chicken is not. Accommodation is in a caravan. Our organic credentials are not yet formed or developed but our aim is to develop a sustainable self-sufficient lifestyle which also contributes to and enhances the local and wider community. (J06Mar)
Host ID : SW47
CfNa2c2AdrKnPhTtWawb

Family run business. It was bought in January 2003 and we are now rebuilding the farm after many years of neglect. Rainbow trout are reared in a non-intensive manner in traditional stream fed earthern ponds. We also have a smoker and make pate. The produce is sold via local outlets. The farm offers Bed and Breakfast and self-catering accommodation.
Host ID : SW98
SfCfNa2c2AvKnPhTtWgabLeGbH4Y5M4Z12B03 - 10E12 - 2

Family run small holding in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to the World Heritage East Devon coast. We have sheep, pigs and chickens. Also a veg garden and poly tunnel that need to be developed. We run Yurt camping holidays. Check out our website for more information. We are looking for help with all aspects of what we do here. There is an opportunity to help out on the local organic veg box scheme. We can offer accommodation in an 18” Tipi with fire place or caravan. There is good local transport to Exeter and the coast. We would like people from March to October.
Host ID : SW95
SgCfNa1c2ArcKaPhTtWgawbLefDtnGtbJyH5Y6M1B1 - 12

LOCATION : Rural Devon on the banks of River Tavy; near Plymouth.
Help wanted with the exciting work of recreating a completely neglected garden. I have recently taken on the lease of a 3 acre walled garden that has become completely overgrown after the previous tenants retired. The land is not registered as organic but I intend to work it as organically as possible, Japanese knotweed notwithstanding. I will need help knocking the gardens into shape to run as a small nursery and to help create the kitchen garden. Building skills would also be useful as there is a large Victorian glasshouse that requires urgent attention. Household comprises 1 adult, 2 children and 2 dogs. Pigs and poultry will be added. I will be moving on-site in the spring; at the moment I live about 8 miles from the garden.
Host ID : SW55
SgCiNa2AdrcKaPhTtWgatbLe

We want likeminded folk to share our special space. We have lots of ongoing work in the garden, plus projects such as completing a studio/creative space and forge. Bits we could teach, but we also want to learn. We are easy-going but hard working. Are you creative, but can complete tasks undertaken? See website for more info. (R06)
Host ID : SW84
SfCfNa4c2ArcKyaPhTtWgwtcbLefDtnsGctJyXsH6Y6M1B1 - 12

We are 3 generations, 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 2 children. 22 acres of very diverse land; woodland, fields, gardens and some old mill buildings. We aim to become as self sufficient as possible in food and energy using principles of organic veg growing, permaculture and forest gardening. Jobs vary throughout the year and include bramble clearing, rabbit fencing, wood chopping and of course weeding.
Host ID : SW17
AcvKaLefsDtnB1-12

Community of about 16 people, with farmhouse, outbuildings and 27 acres, including field crops, polytunnels, pasture, woodland and orchard. Veggie box scheme supplying 120 local households. Organic since 1973. Developing permaculture ideas, and a wide range of short courses including annual permaculture design course. Some goats and chickens. Please write in advance if possible, and follow with phone call. Ideal length of stay is 5 -7 days. Camping area for groups and individuals.
Host ID : SW97
CfNa2TtWgaLeDtH6Y5M1B1 - 12

We live in a small hamlet near Lands End and our 12 acre smallholding is approx 5 miles away. We require help with all aspects of growing veg, herbs and soft fruit, from sowing to harvesting for our local veg box scheme and stall. We would like to build a pond and put up another polytunnel in the near future. We have a small herd of Large Black pigs which are our land clearers. All our animals are pets. We are not certified organic but follow Wholesome Food principles and sustainable methods of producing food. We are a husband and wife business with our daughters 15 yrs and 11 yrs helping whenever possible. Both our land and cottage are only 10 minutes walk from the sea and beaches and in areas of outstanding natural beauty. We live in a traditional granite cottage and would like our WWOOFer to live in as part of the family so we can all gain from the experience.
Host ID : SW93
SfCfNa5ArKnPhWgabyLeDtXsH5Y4M1B1-12

LOCATION : On the small island of St Martins in the Isles of Scilly, 24 miles from the mainland (Cornwall).
We have a smallholding of about 13 acres which we run on organic principles. Mixed farming; garden, lots of animals, building work. Also a wholefood cafe, eco cabin, handmade shoes, home-education packs. Possibillity of longer stays if suitable. Pub about 15-20mins walk. Best beach in UK (2005) 30 seconds away! Plenty of swimming, rowing, cricket, tennis, wildlife. Single WWOOFers preferred; also because of the pollution caused by travelling, we prefer to host people who are already in the UK or who have not travelled here only to visit us! Get here by boat, we can meet you on the quay.
Host ID : SW69
CiNa1KnPiTtLefsGbH6Y5M1Z1

Smallholding of 8 acres, remote, overlooking the moors and a reservoir, with gardens, copse, fields and a few hens and ducks. I am working to make the poor moorland soil fertile and grow traditional vegetables and more unusual food plants. The intention is to explore the potential of the moor, so long neglected. I am interested in moon gardening, companion planting and green manures. Other interests are singing, cycling, home-education, drawing, jam-making. I make excellent bread.
Host ID : SW20
ArKnTtLeDt

Trevollard Farm is a 30 ha holding on the river Lynher estuary in south-east Cornwall. We have a flock of approximately 100 breeding ewes. Our aim is to farm using organic methods and care for the environment. The farmhouse comprises two properties, one occupied by the owners and the other let for holidays. There is also a small cottage with a galleried bedroom suitable for one person or two sharing.(R06)
Host ID : SW70
SfeCiNa2ArcKnPhTtWgawbyLeH7Y5M2Z20B3-10E11-2

We have a 45 acre 400 year old traditional Devon Farm consisting of culm grassland, hay meadow, ponds and woodlands, all worked by our shire horses. Ben is a woodland craftsman and sculptor, and is developing the farm as a centre which demonstrates the sustainability of traditional crafts and agricultural methods. Project is in early stages so help is needed in getting project up and running. This will include traditional building work, vegetable garden, feeding stock, working heavy horses, charcoal burning plus a wide variety of other jobs. We also have chickens and ducks and will very shortly be getting pigs and local Devon Ruby cattle. The aim is to produce all our own meat and veg on the farm. The farm is worked by Ben and his mother Tessa, both of whom have an agricultural background in Africa. Tessa, who lives off the farm, is a basket maker and helps with the running of the business. Ben is skilled in a range of woodland crafts. We only use local timber and as much as possible our
Host ID : SW90
CiNa1PhTtWgwLeDtGbXsH5Y5M1Z2B05-06E11-1

I am looking for a person who would be willing to assist with a variety of tasks such as clearance/control of bracken, brambles, thistles, docks. In addition there are tasks associated with woods - tree protection, stacking logs. The land extends to some 17 acres, has a variety of habitats and acts as a nature reserve for native grasses, wildflowers, moths and bumblebees. Open grassland is grazed by horses. Transport to the land would be provided for days when the weather is suitable. High standard of food and accommodation provided.
Host ID : SW21
SfArcDtXsB3-10

Farm is 88 acres all permanent pasture (except small wood and kitchen garden). Livestock - about 180 sheep (including about 60 milking sheep), about 20 Devon cattle, misc; poultry and a sow. We milk our sheep in a milking parlour with a vacuum line and have a dairy where we make our own cheese. All management of livestock & cheesemaking practices conform to the Soil Association standards. We are members of the Specialist Cheesemakers' Association and have had success in the Organic Food Awards and the 'British Cheese Awards.' General aim to farm in a humane and sustainable way, restore and maintain the traditional landscape features, produce excellent cheese and be as self sufficient as possible. Can teach organic pasture management, animal husbandry, sheep milking, hedge laying. Other interests - we are near the sea and good coastal walks, painting, drawing, crafts. (R06)
Host ID : SW52
SfCfNa2c2AcvKaPhTtWgawtcbLesDtnGtJyH4Y5M1B1-12

We have 72 acres of woodland and unimproved grassland which has been neglected for years. Our aim is to create a viable holding whilst maintaining the wildlife interest of the wildflower meadows and converting the conifer plantation to native broadleaves. We have lots of work to do! Fencing, hedge-laying, animal care, forestry work, establishing a vegetable plot and barn building. We also hope to reconstruct the original farmhouse using traditional materials. Vegetarian/vegan food - accommodation in tipi or tent. We have 3 children and families are particularly welcome.
Host ID : SW79

Property in 1 acre, in Dartmoor National Park, near open moor. Sone cottage, renovated and extended using sustainable methods; solar water heating, minimal fossil fuel input. Here four years. Vegetable/cottage flower/herb garden; started from scratch. Supply local pubs/shop. Bees. Occasional outdoor pig rearing. We are retired vet and movement healer. Members of new allotment association. Aim to create sustainable and beautiful environment within the community. Interested in traditional folk music and dance - sing and play in two bands; instruments welcome. Can teach cooking, food preservation, veg gardening. Future: enlarging cultivated area and permaculture inspired by Indonesian forest gardening.
Host ID : SW53
CcNa3ArcPhTtWgbDtnGctbXsH6Y5M1B04-10

Community composting project on separate 2 acre site 1 mile from house, but may soon expand. Provide kerbside collection service to 14,000 households in East Devon. Work involves collecting and loading garden waste onto tipper truck; shredding material; turning windrows with front-loader; riddling mature compost and bagging -up. Project running for 5 years. We believe in dealing with waste as a resource and on a local basis - reducing the need for car travel and empowering local communities. 3 full time staff plus 12 local volunteers. Large veg garden, fruit trees, greenhouse renovation project. Easy reach of Exeter - regular train service 3 hours to London. (R06)
Host ID : SW94
SfCfNa2c3AvKyPiTtWgawcbyLeDtsH6Y5M1B4-10

110acre farm, 10acres of woodland and marshland under countryside stewardship. We breed sheep and llamas, have free range chickens and 3 working sheep dogs. We are aiming to become self sufficient: developing an organic fruit, veg garden, also a natural dye and herb garden. Needing help to develop these ideas. Julie spins and weaves. We need help all year round, work varied from conservation work, llama handling to gardening. Both of us WWOOF in New Zealand.
Host ID : SW65
CfNa2c2AcvKyPhTtWgawtcbLeDtsGctbXsH6Y5M1B01-012

Family run Permaculture and woodland education project on 27 acre holding. Small flock of Hebridean sheep, Chickens and Bees. Existing woodland and new planting of coppice much with public access. Relatively new project - residency gained end '04. Help required to set up and Maintain - i.e. polytunnel/food production including orchard, compost toilet and water/power systems (all alternative technology), hedgelaying, furniture making and constant conversation with two young Children. Other interests include breadmaking, homebrewing, bushcraft, music and basketry. A creative if chaotic family environment (i.e. 2 young home educated children!). Come and join us on our steep learning curve and just 'muck in' with the day to day stuff! Long term wwoofers considered after a trial period.
Host ID : SW54
CiNa2ArcKaPhTtWgLeDtnsGtbJyH7B2-11

Demonstration garden {4.6 acres** set in beautiful countryside close to the Helford river (boats,canoes,swimming**. The project has Soil Association status and aims to show visitors the benefits of growing productive and ornamental plants in a way that is both beautiful and sustainable. Dan, a professional gardener and Peter an artist/designer, open the garden to the public on Sundays April to September and are seeking help with developing and maintaining the land alongside plant propagation. Minimum stay two days. Cafe, gallery and craftworkers/carpenters on site. Plans to build more eco dwellings/workshops.
Host ID : SW77
SfCfArcvKyaPhTtWgatbyLefsiGbH5Y5M1B5-10

60 acre organic (Soil Association) farm on the edge of Exmoor, North Devon. Beef, sheep, pigs and soft fruit production. Help needed for a variety of tasks on farm throughout the year. Specific tasks: maintenance on buildings, fencing; hedge-laying; log cabin project; weed and gorse control; raspberry project. Hours and days per week by arrangement rather than by stipulation. Numbers of adults/children again by arrangement. Skillled and unskilled Wwoofers welcome. Opportunities for riding and heavy horse working. Wwoofers will need to be on their own some of the time, so preference experienced Wwoofers. Meat-producing farm so catering for vegetarian meals is difficult. Telephone contact preferred. (J06May)
Host ID : SW28
SfArvKaTtLefDtGb

Three generations of the Collinge Family live and work on our 120 acre permanent pasture farm, which achieved full organic status in May 2002 (Soil Association). The main enterprise is a North Devon suckler herd of 20 head. In addition we have 40 breeding ewes, rear poultry for meat and eggs, and provide grass keep and stabling for horses. We process as much of our organically reared meat as possible - packing it, and selling it direct from the farm. We also produce honey, charcoal, a wide range of vegetables from our garden and milk from our house cow. Work includes livestock husbandry, weed control, fencing, hedge laying, building work, general maintenance and house work. Our aim is to farm sustainably and supply locally.(R06)
Host ID : SW86
SfeCcNa10c5AdcKaPhTtWgwtcLfDnGcbH6Y5Z4B9 - 6

We are a land based intentional community based in a woodland on Dartmoor. Our aims are to research and demonstrate sustainable ways of living and working within a woodland environment. This involves using permaculture techniques, forestry management, organic food growing, renewable energy and setting up the relevent infrastructure. We live in low impact dwellings such as benders and timberfame canvas structures. Help would be required with day to day activities, building, organic gardening.
Host ID : SW60
SfhCfciNa7c2AdcvKaPhTtWgawtcbyLefgDtsH8Y5M1Z3B05-09

We're a community of 9 people including 2 children living here, running 200 acres of Soil Association certified organic farmland + 200 acres of woodland, plus an organic kitchen garden for personal use, an organic comfrey business and working towards an organic apple juicing business. We have an organic beef herd of 50 head. We're starting an organic beef box scheme and are looking at sustainable ways of running the forestry, which will soon be UKWAS certified. We are growing willow to make living willow structures for sale. We need an enthusiastic wwoofer and/or groups to help us tend trees, help in the garden, split logs etc - often seasonal help. Farm and houses in country valley very beautiful. (R06))
Host ID : SW74
CfNa2c3ArcKnPiTtWgawcLDtGcbH7Y5M4B3-10

We are a family with 3 young children, we have a 2/3 acre smallholding, consisting of a large Victorian walled garden where we grow organic fruit and veg, we have an orchard of apple and pear trees, we have woodland and keep chickens and hope to keep sheep soon. We also have a polytunnel. We need help with the veg, animals, orchard woodland we home educate, so also need help with the children. We have a business where we take people tree climbing (with rope and harness) and also need help with that we live in a rural location very close to the Cornish coast. (J06Feb)
Host ID : SW25
ArvKaTtLeDtB1-12

We have been here 15 years. Simon is 65, Mo is 56, we grow 90% of our fruit and veg. and eat only wild or local meat. We built our own home which is an earth sheltered dwelling, passive solar, 8 acre smallholding (5 acres woods/coppice, 2 meadows, house and yard) only chickens at the moment, fruit and vegetable garden with tunnel. No TV so very quiet in the evenings, homebrew or pub in walking distance. Aim for sustainability. Living without mains power and water. Permaculture design holders. For info on Earth sheltering see website.
Host ID : SW89
SgCcNa10ArKnPhWgwLefDtGcXsH6Y5Z2B1 - 12

Educational charity that cares for a large estate in south Devon. Most of the work will be in the Trust's gardens, including a walled garden, where fruit and vegetables are grown for use on the estate. It would be an ideal place for anyone wanting to learn how to grow organic vegetables. There are beautiful landscaped gardens and woodland adjoining the river Dart, which were originally laid out by Capability Brown. WWOOFers stay with the head gardener who also arranges the contracts.
Host ID : SW100
SfCfiNa2c2AcvKyaPhTtWgbLeDtnsH7Y4M1Z8B6 - 10

Eighteen acre organic / permaculture farm, owned by community land trust, growing 5 acres of vegetables plus orchard and soft fruit. Vegetables grown with the help of two working horses. Produce sold through farm shop and weekly box delivery. Beautiful south facing valley, four miles from South Cornwall coast. Help always needed with growing vegetables and throughout August and September we will be constructing a timber frame barn.
Host ID : SW31
ArKnTtDt

This 75 acre coastal farm has been farmed organically for 20 years, part of it designated a special area of conservation under a European Directive, one of only 16 areas in England. Five minutes through fields to beach and coastal path. Extended family, dog, cat, chickens and bees. Large vegetable garden, maintenance work on ponds, woods, meadows, gorse. Plenty of good food vegetarian or otherwise. Can meet wwoofers from connecting bus from train (no car) (R06)
Host ID : SW38
AcvKyaTtLefDtB3-9

We are located 2.5 miles from our smallholding which is 8.5 acres of grassland set in one of the areas of outstanding natural beauty between Lands End and St. Ives. We have horses, chickens, ducks and geese with small turnover which we expect to expand. We are great believers of recycling and have built a barn of decommissioned boat wood where wwoofers can camp in the winter. Our aims are to make good fencing, tidy hedgerows, expand our chicken houses and clear an area for an organic garden. My husband and I are semi-disabled but my intention is to return to work in the future. We are well on the way to getting some of these jobs done, but still have a long way to go. We like a laugh and joke even when things go wrong. (R06)
Host ID : SW32
ArKaWwtcLfsdDtXsB10-6

Deep in the heart of North Cornwall. Help always appreciated with busy green woodwork/woodland business. Family home with 3 young children. (Home educated). Organic/permaculture veg plot/garden. Poultry, bees. Good opportunity to learn some practical skills and be involved with a really sustainable venture. Occasional child care, great food (not always veggie) satisfying work, stimulating table conversation. Opportunities for longer term apprenticeships.(R06)
Host ID : SW59
SghCfNa2c2ArcKaPhTtWgacbLeDtnsGtXsH4Y5M2Z4B4-8E10-2

Smallholding of 1 acre in Devon. Looking for help with specific projects. Developing existing culinary herb garden and potting herbs for sale. Cultivating vegetables. Building pond and stream. Help needed with animals and general garden work. 1 glasshouse. Ducks, chickens, goats. Trying to develop permaculture. 3 miles to beach. (R06)
Host ID : SW37
ArKnDtXsB9-12

13 acres fully organic. Production of organic single variety apple juices and cider with sales at Farmers' Markets. Also willow, and other willow paddocks under extension, poultry, horse, bees. Presently developing 2 acre apple orchard, 2 large ponds for, water lilies, reed bed filtration, water well and wild flower meadow. Vegetable garden and soft fruit. Open to fine views of north Devon - easy reach of Dartmoor and north coast. Help any time and especially welcome during apple picking/pressing season. Couple, 2 border collies and large farmhouse. (R06)
Host ID : SW88
SgCfNa2ArcKnPhTtWgatbLefDtnsGctbH5Y5M1Z99B1-11E12

We have a water mill in Somerset with 4 acres. Going fully organic vegetable garden and poly tunnel. Need help at the start of a very interesting project to go off grid for electricity and water. We have a water wheel and leat, as well as the veg garden. Situated in Exmoor National park, and within easy walk of the town centre and the sea. This is an opportunity to come in at the beginning of an exciting life project. The house is very livable and grounds are in good condition. The mill wheel hasn't turned in years, yet can still be turned by hand. We plan on getting to produce our own electricity (easily big enough) and make as much of our own food as possible. Please see our website for more info on us and our place.
Host ID : SW72
SfCciAcvKnPhTtWgawtbyDtnsH5Y6M8Z16B5-8

My name is Andrew and I am the farmer here. There is a group of us trying to build a viable community based on farming, art and education. See wesite for more info. Situated in rolling Devon hills, wooded areas. Close to Exeter. 1/2 mile to village, bus, pub + shop. Activities you should want to be involved in are: farmgate sales, small shop, beef cows + calves, farm trails, open days, harvest work, school visits.
Host ID : SW78
SfgeCfAvKnPhTtWgwtDtsGcH6Y5M1B02 - 10E12 - 01

LOCATION : Quiet rural nr good roads. Best view of N Dartmoor in Devon.
Small holding of 22 acres including a 2,5 woodland. We are not registered but grow on organic principles. We grow a wide range of produce on gently south sloping culm grassland We are particularly interested in making jam and preserves from our own produce which I sell to small local retailers. We would welcome everyone, but non English guests, wishing to improve their English would be more than welcome. Likewise, an interest in jam making would be fun!
Host ID : SW76
SfCfNa2c1ArKnPhTtWgaLefDtnGcbXsH7Y5M1Z4B7-9E12-3

We are a small 100 acre family run organic farm in South Devon. The farm is 5 miles from Totnes, between Dartmoor and the sea. We grow organic vegetables and have beef and free range poultry. We enjoy having people to stay and help on the farm particularly during the summer when work can vary from planting, weeding and harvesting. Students live in the farm house and eat with us. (J06May)

Last edited by masonfree party; 13-01-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 13-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #53
mido
Banned

Default Trapped in the system

I have looked at wwoof and it looks ok, but as a temporary fix only.

My problem is I live in the south-east, am over 45, can't get a job that pays a half-decent salary, rent a small flat that inc all expenses costs around £700 per month. I have credit card debt to pay off, am on Jobseekers and housing benefit and am sick of living on the breadline and being on benefit. I loaned someone money ages ago that I never got back and that was the start of my financial troubles as well as not being able to get a job (many employers hate creative, formerly self-employed people and see them as a threat or a maverick).

So I'm trapped in a system despite trying to get out of it for 2 years. If I COULD get a job I'd probably have to let this 1-bed flat go and rent a poky little room somewhere just so I can afford 1 meal a day.

Several friends/acquaintances suggested I become a male escort but scams a rife in that line, and anyway it's seedy and I don't like the risks.

Jobcentres now threaten to take away your benefit if you don't take a job offered. So great. I'll have to attend interviews for jobs paying £14-15k pa and, if offered, have to accept one and have virtually no money each month for food alone. Anyone know what the earnings/rent ratio is like in other places or other countries because it looks like it's time to head for the hills.

Any (sensible) suggestions welcome! Rant over. Thank you.
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #54
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Lightbulb

We could manifest money into materialization with the power of our minds, then we can spend the rest of the time being creative and doing what we feel we should be doing.
Old 14-01-2008, 01:09 AM   #55
john white

Its a doddle to have enough for our needs if we eliminate our wants

https://www.facebook.com/john.white.50596013
john white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 01:45 AM   #56
cruise4

I hope its OK to post this.

Well if anyone wishes to move to the Bury St Edmonds/Cambridge area I have a house for rent. It's on the market presently. Unfortunately 'days' before I realised what was going on I went halves on a place, which is why I'm totally skint now. PM me if interested.
cruise4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #57
i_am

Maybe there are some like minded people who can get together and share the rent, thus helping themselves and you

They had best have a plan b for when it sells, though.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #58
umbrex

Quote:
because house isn't worth the mortgage...house prices will collapse this year by 30% minimum..you aint seen nothing yet...i could work my bollox off to pay it but whats the point,had enough of being a wage slave for an elitist system
sell your house

buy gold

wait

wait a little longer

the dollar collapses

sell the gold

pay your debt

win.
umbrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #59
father ted
Inactive

Excuse my ignorance, but why don't you sell the house and then not keep paying the loan?
father ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #60
masonfree party
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by father ted View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why don't you sell the house and then not keep paying the loan?

whats the point when i doubt it will cover my costs plus you need to pay £500 for a stupid HIP...better off just ignoring the scam artists...legalised crooks anyway..end of story