Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 30-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #141
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Do you consider it to be truth then?

Were you in absolute sync with the universe, where synchronicity had become total and instant in every single moment and there was no separation between you and everything that has ever happened or is ever gonna happen in the entire universe? I can't see how you would dismiss that experience as being of no use. No use to whom?

Yes I consider it a "truth" just the same as I consider the theory of relativity a "truth", and infinity is a truth. But they have no real practical use in the real world, so there is no point in basing one's whole life around oneness cos although it's a beautiful concept, it doesnt really go any further than that, although I DO accept that the realisation of oneness can help one to vibrate in harmony with everything, which is nice.

But to live one's life in gay abandon, and seeing butterflies and flowers, believing that the universe will balance it all out, instead of using the resources that one was born with as a human animal, well.....
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion

Last edited by jake_ball; 30-03-2018 at 11:15 AM.
jake_ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #142
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
I think one of the massive appeals of big sports events from the spectators' vantage point is the feeling of everyone sharing the same emotions. I'd say the same of music events, when a comedian is really connecting with the audience and everyone laughs together, and any onstage performance. Political rallies and religious ceremonies are another.

It may not always be oneness in the highest form, but there's definitely the feeling of everyone being on the same page for a fleeting moment.
Yes I agree, all that is nice.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
Old 30-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #143
decode reality
Inactive

I'd like to apologise to Alisa. Though I disagreed, I didn't put it across very well.

OK - let the thread continue.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #144
alisa2

Quote:
I'd like to apologise to Alisa. Though I disagreed, I didn't put it across very well.
No need to apologize. I wasn't offended by what you said. If you want to give it another try, I'd like to hear it.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #145
ink

"Let It Be Known That We Are All One"

I worked at one point in an armory and that 'motto' was on display.

It was for the Armourers of The City of London.

Says it all....do not be an individual.......only be of one single mind
ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #146
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
Yes I consider it a "truth" just the same as I consider the theory of relativity a "truth", and infinity is a truth. But they have no real practical use in the real world, so there is no point in basing one's whole life around oneness cos although it's a beautiful concept, it doesnt really go any further than that, although I DO accept that the realisation of oneness can help one to vibrate in harmony with everything, which is nice.

But to live one's life in gay abandon, and seeing butterflies and flowers, believing that the universe will balance it all out, instead of using the resources that one was born with as a human animal, well.....
You don't see butterflies and flowers? Where are you, Antarctica?

Here in England I go out of my palace every day into endless fields of candied grass where golden bunny wabbits frolic with hordes of perfectly beautiful hippy girls in see through cotton dresses, and every day is high summer with a cool breeze, and at night the stars come out and sing all of my favourite songs in perfect four part harmony, and then we go into elf town where we get merry on fermented angel's breath and ride about the sky on winged horses. Yeah!

Last edited by white light; 30-03-2018 at 06:05 PM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 02:10 AM   #147
joeman_0

"oneness" is not a mandate but is a very misunderstood observation. "oneness" is not something you have to strive for as sold by new age religions. Oneness means that we are all interconnected in the etheric level and through the unconscious mind. If that's not so, synchronicity would not have happened. Neither would things like telepathy.

"oneness" is Eastern religion is hardly main point. For example, the four noble truths and eightfold paths don't have oneness in it. When I first tried to learn buddhist like couple decades ago, I ask monk questions about oneness and opening of third eye. He just laughed and said don't ever worry about it. "oneness" is blown way out of proportion mostly by Westerners and new age guru wannabes.
joeman_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #148
alisa2

Darryl Sloan talks about intuition and one consciousness. At the 6:10 min mark he illustrates how we are all one consciousness:

Old 31-03-2018, 11:07 PM   #149
trebor8

What a guy!
trebor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #150
polyhedron
Premier Subscribers

There is certainly no “oneness” in this world. What there is are smitherines.
polyhedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #151
decode reality
Inactive

If the subject of 'oneness' is viewed from the present-day Western perspective, it's not going to give a full picture. For one thing, it's a concept that really has its origin outside of the Western world. I'm going to speak about it using the lens of African traditional culture. It may corroborate with other indigenous traditions around the world prior to Christianity, Islam and industrialisation/secularism.

Oneness is the basis of the traditional African way of life and worldview. It's the way of life that was commonplace, most notably in ancient Egypt, and existed prior to European & Arab colonialism and the imposition of their value systems & religious beliefs. The indigenous traditions did still continue in spite of colonialism, albeit on a lesser scale, and survives in parts of the African continent today.

The organising principle of those societies can be summed up in the phrase, ‘As above, so below’. Societies were structured, to varying degrees of sophistication, in a holistic, harmonious way the basis being that life on the tangible earth plane should be a reflection of the order implicit on the metaphysical plane. It's important to keep in mind that it wasn't mere belief done to make them feel good but a way of life that demonstrated All is One.

Where the western secular and industrialised world is concerned, the absence of this kind of structure to its societies means that 'oneness' is either rhetoric alone - paid lip-service to by religionists and the new age preachers - or something that people might get fleeting glimpses of when taking various substances.

From the book 'Bantu Philosophy', here's Placid Temples writing about the Bantu (a southern African group) at the turn of the 20th century, at the onset of Western colonialism of Africa:

"The concept of separate beings which find themselves side by side, entirely independent of one another, is foreign to Bantu thought. Bantu hold that created beings preserve a bond one with another, an intimate ontological relationship comparable with the causal tie that ties creature to creator...”

"Just as Bantu ontology is opposed to the European concept of individual things existing in themselves, so Bantu psychology cannot conceive of man as an individual, existing by itself and apart from its ontological relationships with other living beings and from its connection with other living beings, and from its connection with animals, or intimate forces around it."

(There's also a book called 'Muntu: African Culture and the Western World'
in which author Janheinz Jahn comments similarly on the culture of Bantu people.)

Speaking of the culture of the Yoruba (West African group), this is Adebayo Adesanya from the 1958 essay 'Yoruba Metaphysical Thinking':

"A medical theory which contradicted a theological conclusion was rejected as absurd and vice versa. This demand of mutual compatibility among all disciplines considered as a system was the main weapon of Yoruba thought. God might be banished from Greek thought without any harm being done to the logical architecture, but this cannot be done with the Yoruba. In medieval thought, science could be dismissed at pleasure, but this was impossible in the case of Yoruba, since faith and reason are mutually dependent. In modern times, God even has no place in scientific thinking. This was impossible to the Yoruba."

"Philosophy, theology, politics, social theory, land law, medicine, birth and death, all find themselves logically concatenated in a system so tight that to extract one item from the whole is to paralyse the structure of the whole."
Old 16-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #152
jake_ball

Good post DR, with some very nice sentiments from the authors.

Yes, it's all all very nice DR, albeit a bit vague.

But a great contribribution to the thread nonetheless, and I get your point about present day western civilisation being unable to harmoniously juxtapose with the concept of oneness.

Last edited by jake_ball; 16-04-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #153
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
Good post DR, with some very nice sentiments from the authors.

Yes, it's all all very nice DR, albeit a bit vague.

But a great contribribution to the thread nonetheless, and I get your point about present day western civilisation being unable to harmoniously juxtapose with the concept of oneness.
Cheers Jake. What we're talking about are societies that approach things in a holistic way, where things that appear to be separate and unrelated are brought together. Also, the metaphysical 'unseen' side of reality plays a central role. As such it's a very complex area, one that really requires an entire book at the least to explain the fundamentals with clarity.

Though here's a practical example. In Malian society, you'll find traditional musicians who are also the doctors, the psychologists and botanists - each of these areas are unified as part of their practice. This is how I see the concept of "oneness", as a practical function taking place in everyday life. I've detailed a little of it in the quote below.

Quote:

There's a book called The Healing Drum by Yaya Diallo, a musician from Mali who plays his country's traditional music. He talks about how drummers and other traditional musicians are trained not only to play for entertainment but also, as the book title states, for healing. People with mental or physical disorders were able to have their health restored by being exposed to specific types of music, sometimes with particular plants/herbs administered. He also mentions how an experienced musician can spot ailments by the way a person dances. They undergo this training for many years, with the understanding that playing the wrong tones can create disharmony.

At the time the book was written (1993), he spoke of how decades of French colonialism coupled with the influence of Islam and globalisation suppressed the Malians' indigenous culture, of which music is a huge part. (You can imagine how worse it's become with the influx of Boko Haram of late.)

There's now a greater interest in the West in the healing aspect of music, though it's still marginal.

Last edited by decode reality; 16-04-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 16-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #154
fudgetusk

I don't think we know what oneness is like for us to make a decision on the subject.

The connection between Icke and 9/11
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #155
elshaper

Perhaps lacking in this shape.

Quote:
Dodecahedron
The dodecahedron has 12 regular pentagonal faces, its element is the ether and its state is spirit which represents the Universe and connection to all that is (wholeness). The form is the balance between spirit and matter, “as above so below”, “Heaven on Earth”.

When not aligned the disturbance causes there to be no connection to one’s soul (spirit), lack of faith, disillusioned with life, looking outward not inward for guidance. Physical issues include heart and nervous system problems. When polarized one is connected to one’s soul and “all that is”, acceptance on all levels, has a “oneness” with all things, an inner knowing , and at peace with oneself and others.

https://www.soulfulcrystals.co.uk/pl...acred-geometry
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #156
alisa2

The cosmos is oneness. To reach oneness you have to go beyond mind. Mind is the obstacle.

Darryl Sloan about having a cosmic perspective of life.

Start listening at 9:40:

More about disengaging from mind... https://youtu.be/65uAQp3OBDI

8:00 min in: "One way to control the mind is to control the body. If you can control the body--if you can concentrate--then you will be able to control the mind. If you can control the mind, then you can go beyond mind--you can disengage from mind".

Last edited by alisa2; 17-04-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 17-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #157
alisa2

Anyone having trouble logging in? Sheesh, when I try posting something it logs me out. I have to keep repeating the steps and each time it logs me out. Based on what is happening how I even to got to post the above is a fluke.
Old 18-04-2018, 03:10 AM   #158
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
The cosmos is oneness. To reach oneness you have to go beyond mind. Mind is the obstacle.
If that's the case then you'd have to be outside of the cosmos in order to reach the cosmos, otherwise you are already there.

If you have to go beyond mind to reach the cosmos then what are you in prior to going beyond? Is mind separate from cosmos?

Is it that people who have reached the cosmos are out of their minds? Have they become automata?
Old 18-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #159
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
If that's the case then you'd have to be outside of the cosmos in order to reach the cosmos, otherwise you are already there.

If you have to go beyond mind to reach the cosmos then what are you in prior to going beyond? Is mind separate from cosmos?

Is it that people who have reached the cosmos are out of their minds? Have they become automata?
I'm still having major problems logging in.

Beyond mind is No Thing. It's a place called Nothing.
Old 18-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #160
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
I'm still having major problems logging in.

Beyond mind is No Thing. It's a place called Nothing.
Is oneness nothing? Surely oneness is a thing.

Without mind I wouldn't expect things to make sense, as sense is a thing too. Funny thing is, Nothing is the place where it all does make sense. I don't see much sense in staying there though. For my tuppence worth it's a realisation or understanding, although not a place to park the bus, life goes on.