doesn't seem to be any reason not to post it in full:

I gather "Patsy" Puddles eventually became an incredible
nuisance at Elm, regularly turning up at Rocks Lane in the
company of his mates, and engaging in threatening behaviour
directed specifically at the Kasirs, mainly at Carole. It would
seem that Mr Fay was present on at least one of these occasions
and that was how he personally ended up in a face to face
confrontation with this man. Chris Fay met Patrick Puddles
personally. He fought with him. The man existed!

I seem to remember seeing a cutting of a newspaper article
in which it was mentioned Mr Puddles appeared in court along
with some of the other usual suspects. It's possible I'm wrong
on this.

Journalists usually get the names of the people they report on
correct for obvious legal reasons. If Patrick Puddles was Jimmy
Tippett, as some have suggested, then he would have been
named as such in the press at the time. Feared or not, Tippett
was a recognizable enough "face" around the London scene.
The press would have been well enough aware of Tippett.

Further information may possibly be forthcoming from
Mr Fay if anyone cares to 'Comment' in this section
at Needle:

http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/r...oss-documents/

As for the "Monday Club" connection, apparently there was
a "Monday Club" at Elm. Which just adds to the confusion
because a number of the Tory 'guests' there were members
of the identically named Conservative Group.
Thanks for making clearer about all that. I dont think Puddles is Tippett either, never have, not seen any proof whatsoever. Im inclined to believe Puddles isnt dead also -in fact, until I see his death certificate, he aint. Which is an alarming thought this creep may still be out there. Er, hello Fernbridge? Alive? Oh I forgot, theyre only interested in the dead ones anyway. Id like to condense everything we have on this creep to see if anything can be done.
What was the Elm Monday club about? I can only guess.
discovery77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #75302
troyhand
Banned

Has this book been looked into yet? Seems to have lots of info on news coverage for these investigations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
http://spotlightonabuse.wordpress.co...al-work-today/

Paedophile children’s home boss Frank Beck wrote for Social Work Today

http://spotlightonabuse.files.wordpr.../swt220776.jpg
http://books.google.com/books?id=Qur...page&q&f=false
Making Social Work News
By Meryl Aldridge

Page 91 - Abuse is alleged [Frank Beck]

...The case itself was given the top half of p. 3. There are three items with descriptive headlines, together with four paragraphs, of the defendants and of one of the homes. As with the pin-down affair, the more emotional aspects of the case are unusually foregrounded for a broadsheet. Although the longest item provides a summary of the case so far, two others provide sensational details: one about allegations concerning a local Labour MP, the other repeating some of the instances given in evidence. Both the detail and the language are far more explicit than anything that appeared in the mass tabloids or the local paper.

The pattern of Daily Telegraph coverage of the Frank Beck trial was very similar to that of The Independent. The response to the lifting of reporting restrictions was a summary of events so far, taking up nearly the whole of p. 3. '"13-year reign on terror" at children's homes' (Daily Telegraph 27 September 1991) and consisted of a bylined general account, parts of the evidence from four witnesses (only the one woman was not named), and a side column about the Labour MP. A large picture of Beck, framed by smaller shots of his co-accused and the three homes, completed the elaborate presentation.

On 27 September 1991, the Daily Mail placed its first report of the Frank Beck trial as the main item on p. 5: 'Sad children who were "warped by 13 years of abuse"' (a quotation from the prosecuting counsel), illustrated with a large picture of Beck. A white-on-black strapline added 'SOCIAL WORKER PUT TEENAGERS IN NAPPIES, COURT TOLD'. The text is, necessarily a flat account of the proceedings by 'Daily Mail Reporter'. Only in the last paragraph is the lifting of the reporting ban mentioned, despite the obvious link with the Rochdale events. The Mail only mentioned the case four times as it developed; three of the stories related to the allegations about the MP, appearing on pp. 1, 2 and 5. On 27 November an illustrated report on p. 5 dealt with the conviction of Frank Beck's co-defendants.
Page 93
The lack of detail in the national coverage of the Frank Beck trial is in marked contrast, not unexpectantly, with that provided by the Leicester Mercury. When reporting restrictions were lifted, the paper allocated nearly all of p. 1 and all the news space on four full pages to the proceedings so far, including long verbatim passages from (unnamed) witnesses. All the defendants, the judge and the homes were illustrated, and the significance of the issue further marked by giving it a logo of Justice with her sword and scales over the caption 'CHILDREN'S HOMES SEX ABUSE TRIAL'. (This was later changed to 'BECK CASE' over his picture.)

As the trial continued, the Leicester Mercury reported it almost every day. After the first three days of reporting, the coverage was on inside pages, but usually as the lead on the page, with the logo and often illustrated with photographs of the accused or one of the homes involved. At the end of October/beginning of November the case reappeared on p. 1 when Frank Beck gave evidence and was also front page news when the allegations about the local Labour MP were repeated in evidence. During most of the rest of November, when there was no mention in the national dailies, the Leicester Mercury frequently took up half a page or more with detailed accounts of the trial.
Page 95
INTERPRETING THE NEWS TREATMENT

Comparing the contours of the three cases, there would seem to be obvious parallels between the pin-down affair in Straffordshire and the failure to discover and terminate Frank Beck's exploitation of his positions in Leicestershire. Yet, as we have seen from the case studies, the similarities in intensity and tone of coverage in the national daily press are between the Rochdale events and pin-down. The clear implication is that it is less the events themselves than editorial priorities, news values and routines that have determined the press coverage.

Last edited by troyhand; 14-09-2013 at 09:44 PM.
troyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #75303
troyhand
Banned

http://www.childrenwebmag.com/articl...ndrew-Kirkwood
Children Webmag - December 1st, 2011

The Leicestershire Inquiry 1992:by Andrew Kirkwood [Review]

Key points

Requirements for monthly visits and six-monthly full reports on children’s homes had not been satisfied and there was no formal supervision of Officers in Charge.

The appointment of Brian Rice as Director of Social Services in 1980 left the department without a senior manager with child care experience.

Apart from a period between 1978 and 1982, all corporal punishment was banned in children’s homes; in spite of this The Beeches daily log recorded over 500 incidents of children being hit by staff between 1979 and 1986.

Suspension pending investigation was never used in disciplinary proceedings.

Frank Beck implemented ‘regression therapy’ for which he had no relevant experience and for which he received no supervision; he continued to use it when he moved to The Beeches in spite of being told that it was inappropriate for The Beeches.
◾ Nearly all staff in the homes of which Frank Beck was Officer in Charge were young, single people introduced by Frank Beck.
◾ Early warnings of problems were ignored even when they came from reliable sources.
◾ An investigation undertaken in 1978 was ignored by senior managers.
◾ Much of what Frank Beck did did not go through the normal channels.
◾ There was a series of complaints against Frank Beck, one of which resulted in a court case in 1982; only one of these prompted an investigation and no connections were made across the stream of complaints; he was even approved as a foster parent while awaiting trial.
◾ Following the conviction for sexual offences of the Officer in Charge of another home, the recently appointed Deputy of The Beeches took two complaints by staff members to the Personnel Department whose suspension of Frank Beck prompted his resignation.
◾ The Director, Brian Rice, subsequently supplied two references to Frank Beck without mentioning his suspension or resignation.
◾ Allegations against other members of staff in the department were generally handled without a proper investigation.
◾ Mr Rice resigned following an inquiry which revealed lack of confidence in him; his successor took appropriate and positive action to address the issues.
◾ The people primarily responsible for the situation persisting were Dorothy Edwards, Director at the time of Frank Beck’s appointment, who had built him up and Brian Rice, who had failed to act decisively in the face of overwhelming evidence of problems.

Last edited by troyhand; 14-09-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 14-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #75304
dopey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery77 View Post
Thats interesting Dopes. I know of another very dubious character who wrote for them too.

Yep, we certainly do.
dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #75305
discovery77
Banned

That Leicester Mercury paper looks promising then Troy. Good find that book. The mp/Rochdale connection. Hope we are about to be Troyified

his wiki page alone is sickening, this is who we are dealing with here. Upsetting content.

System of abuse[edit source | editbeta]

"Beck is said to have used his own brand of 'regression therapy' as a cover for sexually abusing children in his care - supposedly a method of digging down to the roots of children's emotional problems, by returning them to a state of infancy. Children were dressed in pyjamas and given bottles and dummies; some of the younger children were dressed in nappies. At meal times, staff would sometimes cut up the food on the plates of residents, as if feeding infants; children would be given toys designed for much younger children and sometimes bathed by staff members and Beck encouraged a culture of cuddling and bodily contact.[3]
Beck also believed that emotions should not be 'bottled up' and it is said that children were deliberately provoked into temper tantrums, thereby creating opportunities to exercise violent physical restraint.[4] Residential Social Workers were often hand-picked by Beck and were required to support his methods and philosophy without question. Several of his staff were also paedophiles and sadists, including Colin Fiddaman, who was to commit suicide in Amsterdam, whilst 'on the run', in 1991. Beck is also said to have physically and sexually abused male members of staff, sustaining 'a regime of terror' for thirteen years."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Beck_(sex_offender)
Old 14-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #75306
dopey
Inactive

Sidney Cooke - prominent people involved and "that's it, investigation over"

William Goad - prominent people involved and "that's it, investigation over"

Elm GH - prominent people involved and nine months on nothing...so going the same way.

It's all lip service and token efforts. The Goad investigation will go the same way. Maybe a token arrest...maybe a token arrest, but it sure as hell won't be anyone prominent.
Old 14-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #75307
discovery77
Banned

Quote:
Sidney Cooke - prominent people involved and "that's it, investigation over"

William Goad - prominent people involved and "that's it, investigation over"

Elm GH - prominent people involved and nine months on nothing...so going the same way.

It's all lip service and token efforts. The Goad investigation will go the same way. Maybe a token arrest...maybe a token arrest, but it sure as hell won't be anyone prominent.
You're right.

I cannot understand how the public allow it. All we can do keep going and hope eventually pressure builds and builds - mass public awareness - that is what they are afraid of, if anything.

Last edited by discovery77; 14-09-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 14-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #75308
dopey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery77 View Post
You're right.

I cannot understand how the public allow it. All we can do keep going and hope eventually pressure builds and builds - mass public awareness - that is what they are afraid of, if anything.
Because as time goes on they forget, or are bored with that particular story because better/juicier ones come and go along the way, and so another story is buried and no doubt to be resurrected in another xx years and with exactly the same results.

Its very depressing, to put it mildly.
Old 14-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #75309
vogeq

Why does it say "New street Shock"?

Last edited by vogeq; 14-09-2013 at 10:46 PM.
vogeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #75310
troyhand
Banned

@dopes @disco

We're being trickled on again by the press and being told it's raining, but it's been a better weekend than most the public info and the reaction the establishment is taking to our efforts. "Slow and steady wins the race."

Googling Frank Beck and Janner, I found this website. New to me.

http://labour25.com/
This site is about Labour Party Paedophiles

http://labour25.com/2011/06/08/labou...g-paedophiles/

Labour Party Parachuting Paedophiles
Posted on June 8, 2011

Just when you thought the Labour Party couldn’t get any more paedophilic,we have discovered that the Paedophile Labour Party’s ‘boy-buggering’Labour MP from Leicester West Greville Janner, had been replaced with a member of the Paedophile Information Exchange ( PIE ) the paedophile minded and paedophile protector, Patricia Hewitt. So, as one paedophile goes…. The Paedohile Labour Party ‘parachutes’ in another of it’s disciples of paedophilia.

A brave little boy…

Paul Winston, was living in a youth hostel and was an innocent 13 year old child. He loved being a member of the boy scouts but was the victim of the Labour Party’s paedophile sex attacker Greville janner, who took it upon himself to be a boy scout administrator and was also a prominent leader of the Jewish Council in Leicester. The boy who was only 13 years old was groomed at first by Labour Party MP Greville Janner, then he took the boy to his house when his wife was out, and subjected the child to gross acts of indecency in his bed. The abuse of the child continued when Greville Janner took the boy on holiday and subjected him to more sexual abuse, at the Leicester Holiday Inn Hotel.. he sodomised the boy who was then only 14 years old. He sent gifts to the boy when he returned him to the hostel, such as a bicycle. The hostel manager was Frank Beck, a convicted child sex attacker who Labour Party paedophile Greville Janner knew.

A typical case once again… why do social services not check out all the Labour MPS and Councillors? Because the Labour paedophiles pay there wages !!

I'm reminded of the fact, that the first third-party in the United States to battle against the big two-party system during the start of the 1800s was the Anti-Freemason party (proud to say we had a chapter locally here).

Every country needs an Anti-Paedo Party (No clowns, no caterers, no social workers, no royals, no spa-lunkers, no cruisers, no yachters, no accordionists allowed)

Last edited by troyhand; 14-09-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 14-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #75311
dopey
Inactive

Oh here we go...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-girl-2275400

Michael Le Vell: I forgive the girl who accused me - her mum wanted to destroy me
15 Sep 2013 00:10

Coronation Street's Kevin Webster has told his family he does not feel angry despite his two-year ordeal

Michael Le Vell has told how he forgives the teenage girl who falsely accused him of rape.

The cleared Corrie star revealed: “I was angry in the beginning. But I am not a vindictive person and don’t hold grudges.”

In emotional talks with his ­family, Michael, 48, said: “I think I am strong enough to forgive.”

The actor spelt out his amazing message of compassion after a jury found him not guilty last week of rape and indecent assault.

He has revealed how he believes the mother of the teenage girl who falsely accused him of rape was “hell-bent on destroying me”.

The star told his family he fell victim to a vindictive campaign that only ended when a jury dramatically cleared him five days ago.

But amazingly, despite his hellish two-year ordeal facing terrible accusations, Michael says he is determined to forgive.

The 48-year-old actor – Coronation Street mechanic Kevin Webster – told his sisters: “I know I am a good man and an innocent man – now the world knows that too. In time I do think I will be strong enough to forgive.”

The actor, charged under his real name Michael Turner, opened his heart to sisters Susan Westcott and Glenis Gill last week.

And today in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mirror the pair tell how they never doubted their younger brother as he sat in court “fighting for his life”.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, made a string of sickening allegations from the witness box. She said Le Vell abused her from the age of six and once raped her while she clutched her favourite teddy bear.

But a jury cleared the star of all the charges, which his sisters condemned as “nonsense from the start”.

Glenis, 60, said: “We are just a normal working class family and we were shattered by what this woman and girl alleged.

“I think the girl’s mother set out to destroy Michael – that is how we all feel. It was vindictive. She was hell-bent on destroying Michael.

“I still don’t know why the charges were ever brought. Our family don’t believe it should have ever have gone to court.”

Susan, 54, said: “When Michael was first charged he kept saying to us ‘I never, I never, I never’. I said, ‘Michael you don’t need to say that – we know you didn’t do this’.

“We knew from the start the allegations were rubbish – utter nonsense. Michael is not capable of such things. It would take a monster to do what they said. And Michael is no monster.”

Susan added: “First of all we were mad at the girl and her mother. Then we were mad at the legal system. Now I just feel sorry for them. I am a mother myself so I can see there are no winners at all in this.

“I know what kind of man my brother is. That’s why I don’t think he will bear any grudges towards the girl. Even in court, if you listened to what Michael said about the girl and her mother, he was not vindictive. That’s not how he is.

“He is a good man, a lovely person and was brought up with good morals. That’s why I think he will try to forgive and move on.”

The sisters insisted that reports saying the actor contemplated suicide during his darkest moments are wrong. Michael had told how, even at his lowest ebb, he saw suicide as a “guilty man’s way out”.

Susan said: “Michael hit real lows but he would never have done anything silly like that. For a start me and the rest of the family would never have let him. And he wanted the opportunity to go to court and clear his name. I am proud of the way he conducted himself. He kept it together and proved his innocence.”

Sue and Glenis, who have suffered ill-health because of their brother’s ordeal, were at Manchester Crown Court to support him through the eight-day trial that ended on Tuesday

Michael’s brother Phil Turner, 61, and sister Julie Turner, 51, were also there. They flew in from their homes overseas so the family could be ­together for the first time in 12 years to support Michael through the toughest ordeal of his life.

His nightmare began on ­September 30, 2011 when he was first arrested. The Crown ­Prosecution Service decided not to proceed with the case.

But there was a review after fresh allegations by the girl. Michael was ­re-arrested and charged in February this year.

TV bosses suspended him from the soap in which he has appeared since 1983. In court Michael denied five rape charges, three of indecent assault, two of sexual activity with a child and two of ­causing a child to engage in sexual activity.

After five hours’ deliberation the jury of eight women and four men cleared him of all 12 charges. Outside court an emotional Michael told of his delight.

Then he ­celebrated with his ­family at a hotel near the ­Coronation Street set where he hopes to return to work. Susan said the family had a second ­private party at her house on Thursday.

She said: “Michael is not one for speeches or grand statements – but he is so relieved and happy this is now over. When he was cleared I said to him, ‘It’s over. We did it’. He said, ‘Thanks so much for supporting me’.

"Since then he has been trying to make sense of what happened. He wants to rebuild his life, get back to work and for some sense of normality to return.”

Michael’s sisters say they can see the burden lifting from him. Glenis said: “He has gone back to ­normal. There is more colour in his face and he can finally move on from it all and not have it hanging over him.”

Michael intends to stay in the area where he now lives. Susan said: “Mike won’t be forced away. Even during the trial he was popping down to his local and chatting to pals. Why would he move now he has nothing to run away from?”

His sisters say the star feels angry about his treatment by the justice system.

Glenis said: “We as a family will support any decision that Michael makes going forward.”

The sisters also told how Michael, usually composed and in control in public, let go when he was with them.

Susan said: “He has cried a lot of tears in my front room. We all have. It has been the worst two years of all of our lives. To see your baby brother sobbing breaks your heart.

“We helped try to get him through it. Since our mother died I have been a bit like a surrogate mum to Mike. I am ‘the nag’. I am the one who will ring him and say, ‘You are looking a bit scrawny’ or ‘You need a shave’.

“We talked to him most days to check he was OK and to help him through it.”

During the trial the jury heard candid details of his private life. Michael was described as a womaniser who cheated on his cancer-stricken wife of 25 years Janette Beverley in a string of one-night stands.

He also admitted being an alcoholic who drank up to 12 pints every day. Even Michael’s own ­barrister Alisdair Williamson described him as a “weak, stupid and drunk man”. The star’s loyal sisters said it doesn’t tally with the brother they know. Glenis said: “Mike never told us about the affairs. But why would he?

“That’s his private business and he is not the first man to have had an affair and he won’t be the last.”

It is not clear if the actor will accept an offer from Corrie bosses of help to best his drink demons.

Susan, a senior carer at a private nursing home, said: “We know he likes a drink. In health terms yes, maybe he should cut down a bit but that is down to him to decide. I think he is now going to take some time to reflect and then make some decisions on what he should be doing.”

Glenis added: “Michael holds down a job, gets up in the morning and pays his bills. Drinking is part of our family. We are socialisers.”

Michael has not seen his son or daughter since the allegations emerged. But his sisters expect him to try to rebuild their relationship.

Susan said: “It’s been hard for him, especially at Christmas and on birthdays. Mike and his son are big football fans. He has missed not being able to go and watch his lad play.

“Over time I am sure he will want to do that and try to get a sense of normality back in his life.”

Michael met Corrie bosses on Thursday. His sisters expect he will return to the ITV soap but no date has been set. Since he was cleared many of his co-stars have sent text messages saying how pleased they are for him.

Susan said: “He has been through hell. Once he has had a break and has cleared his head, I am sure he will want to go back to work. More than anything he has missed his ­colleagues, who are his friends.

“They have been brilliant all the way through. Their texts meant a lot to Michael. People see him as a big star but he is just a guy who likes going to work and when he can’t he misses his mates.”

The sisters said Michael won’t go on a spending spree or lavish trip to celebrate. Susan said: “He’s never been a flashy lad.

“He is a creature of habit. He is dying for ­everything to be back to normal so he can return to work and go to his local to watch football.”

Glenis added: “People always say what a nice guy he is and that hasn’t changed.

“Obviously there will be people out there who will make jokes or make silly comments but that happens everywhere. This week Mike has been back to his cheeky-chappy self.

"While it was all going on you could see he was lost in thought and not fully there. Now he is exactly how we ­remember and it is great to see him like that again.”

The star is in an on-off relationship with Blanca Fouche, 31. His family has yet to meet the Chilean mother of four who also firmly believed in his innocence.

Susan said: “She came along at the right time for Michael. And as long as he is happy then we are happy. I don’t what Michael’s future plans are. But his priority will be to be happy.”

Michael has summed up his ordeal for his ­family. He told them: “In a way, I wanted the opportunity to prove to the world I had done nothing wrong. Now I just want to get on with my life.”

And his sisters get their two penneth's worth in too

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-susan-2275237

Last edited by dopey; 14-09-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 14-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #75312
troyhand
Banned

@dopes. It's hard not to believe that the whole Le Velle trial was a set-up-to-fail prosecution to protect the powerful.

more regurged Janner info

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/4...met-David.html
Telegraph - 31 Dec 2001
When Uri met David
By Uri Geller

What happens when the king of psychic spoon-benders encounters the most extraordinary talent in modern magic? Uri Geller talks to David Blaine...

If you know David Blaine from his monosyllabic, blank-eyed appearance on the GMTV couch, where his Trappist interview technique reduced Eamonn Holmes, the host, to frustrated splutters...

Then you haven't met David Blaine, the hysterical giggler. The David Blaine who rode around London in the back of my Chrysler Voyager with Michael Jackson, laughing so hard that he slid off the seats and almost choked on the floor...

At the Houses of Parliament, where he sang 'Happy Birthday' to Paul Boateng, the Foreign Office minister, Michael was entranced by Greville Janner's conjuring tricks. He was like a ten-year-old, amazed by the entertainer at a children's party. Every time the rubber ball vanished from Lord Janner's hand, Michael giggled and goggled.

Even though I was there and David was there, it was Greville who performed magic. But you don't want to hear that.
You want to know about David Blaine. I wanted to know about David, too, because the first time he called me I had never heard his name.

Last edited by troyhand; 14-09-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 14-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #75313
dopey
Inactive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-200-000.html

Michael Le Vell to sue CPS for 'two years of hell' after legal battle that cost £200,000

Right of cleared defendants to have legal costs reimbursed went in 2011
But star hopes to question whether case should have been pursued at all
MoJ insider admits that Le Vell could bring a case against the CPS

By Simon Boyle

PUBLISHED: 22:26, 14 September 2013 | UPDATED: 22:26, 14 September 2013

Innocent Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell plans to sue the Crown Prosecution Service to reclaim his huge legal costs, after the battle to clear his name left him almost £200,000 out of pocket.

The star, real name Michael Turner, fell victim to changes in Ministry of Justice rules made in 2011 which removed the right of defendants to have the ‘reasonable’ costs of hiring a lawyer reimbursed if they are found not guilty.

The 48-year-old was accused of raping and sexually assaulting a teenage girl but was cleared by a jury last week in under five hours.

And now the TV star hopes to reclaim the enormous legal costs amid questions over whether the case should ever have been brought to trial in the first place.

A friend of the actor said he planned to ‘fight’ for justice after two years of hell, adding: ‘Mike and his entire family have suffered – not just mentally but financially throughout this farcical trial.

‘It is not just the substantial legal fees to worry about – there is also the damaging effect the trial will have on him for the rest of his life and career.

‘There have been early discussions between him and his legal counsel and they have agreed that they have not finished working together.’

And another TV insider stressed that while soap actors are ‘reasonably well paid’, they are not as wealthy as many would believe.

The source added: ‘The estimates about what TV actors get paid for appearing in soaps are usually hugely exaggerated.

'Of course they are on comfortable salaries, but not enough to fund something like this.’

The case against the actor was initially dropped by the CPS in January 2012 due to a lack of evidence, after he was arrested in September 2011.

But on February 14 this year Alison Levitt QC, principal legal adviser to the Director of Public Prosecutions, announced that she had reviewed the decision and authorised Greater Manchester Police to charge Le Vell.

An insider at the Ministry of Justice admitted it would be possible for the actor to bring a case against the CPS, explaining: ‘It depends on the individual circumstances of a case, but it is certainly a possibility.

‘The rules were changed in 2011 to prevent the taxpayer footing large bills for those who can afford to pay for their own defence.

‘Legal aid is means tested and the vast majority of cases in crown courts are funded that way.’

The trial has also seen many members of Mr Le Vell’s family incur huge travel costs – some of them flying over from Australia to support him as he faced 12 charges at Manchester Crown Court.
Old 14-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #75314
dopey
Inactive

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...avile-s-nephew

Explosive tell all book by Jimmy Savile's nephew

JIMMY SAVILE'S nephew is to ­reveal shocking details of how the DJ’s famous friends helped hide his decades of sex abuse.

By Ciaran Hannah/Published 15th September 2013

Guy Marsden, 59, is writing a book with broadcaster and author Tony Horne about his disgraced uncle.

Now Savile’s circle of celebrity pals are living in fear of being named in the book.

Guy will reveal fresh details of the secret paedophile parties the BBC star hosted, some attended by his showbiz friends.

He will claim that Savile had influential members of the British legal system in his back pocket to allow him to act without fear of prosecution.

And he will also expose Savile’s secret links with members of foreign royal families – suggesting he could have abused countless victims from overseas.

Roofer Guy from Leeds, West Yorks, ­decided to write the book after staying silent for years over the Jim’ll Fix It star’s ­ shameful secret life.

He said: “I have written a book based on all my experiences of my uncle from the age of 13. I couldn’t live with the guilt of knowing so much and staying silent any longer.

“Doing the book is not about money but me really wanting to tell people about the extent of his depravity.”

The dad-of-four added: “Even if only one person buys the book it means it will be on the record. I think his victims have a right to know.

“I have names of all the famous and ­powerful people he used to mix with.

“Many of them are celebrities but others are names from other backgrounds who I believe were implicit in allowing him to act in the way he did.”

He continued: “Jimmy was very ‘in’ with ­foreign royalty, which nobody is aware of.

“It is possible many of his victims could have come from abroad.

“It will be an explosive book and I know a lot of people will be very worried that I am writing it.”

Last October, Guy told how his uncle ­regularly attended paedophile parties.

He revealed Savile even took him to ­ parties at the houses of showbiz pals when he was just 13.

Although he says he never saw any ­children being abused, he believed boys and girls as young as ten were targeted by ­perverts.

Guy, who has ten grandchildren with his wife Anne, previously said neither he nor his family wanted money from their uncle’s estate. “I’ve written the book purely to set the record straight,” he added

A joint police and NSPCC report published in January declared that, with at least 450 victims, Savile, who died in 2011 aged 84, was one of Britain’s most prolific sex offenders.

Metropolitan Police Commander Peter Spindler said Savile “groomed the nation” by raising millions for charity while using his status as a platform for abuse.

In July police discovered the names and ­sexual details of hundreds of girls scrawled across a wall of a Manchester record shop.

Savile was thought to have used a room above the store as a secret HQ to plan his vile acts.

Horne, 42, ghostwriter for Tango 190 – the story of late PC David Rathband who was shot by fugitive Raoul Moat – confirmed he had received a manuscript from Guy.

He said: “I’ve got his first draft and am ­going through it with him.

“As you can imagine it is pretty revelatory and will need careful editing.

“Obviously, I can’t reveal any names ­mentioned at this stage.

“Some are household names known to ­millions.

“There will be a lot of worried people out there fearing this book coming out.”
Old 15-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #75315
white horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyhand View Post
[I]@dopes @disco

We're being trickled on again by the press and being told it's raining, but it's been a better weekend than most the public info and the reaction the establishment is taking to our efforts. "Slow and steady wins the race."
I feel the timing of both the Exposure and the Dispatches docus to be timed to miss the 'silly season'. Is Parliament at recess and about to restart soon after the summer? Also Question Time will be back on the telly so the full MSM exposure is potentially bigger as well.
white horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #75316
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodeltafoxtrot View Post
Playing catch up

This chap, the ex officer visiting with a journo friend, merits a visit from a citizen journo. Time to replace XXX with names. What has (s)he got to lose?

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 15-09-2013 at 01:02 AM.
gobsmackedmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #75317
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
Oh here we go...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-girl-2275400

Michael Le Vell: I forgive the girl who accused me - her mum wanted to destroy me
15 Sep 2013 00:10

Blah blah blah

The actor spelt out his amazing message of compassion after a jury found him not guilty last week of rape and indecent assault.

The star told his family he fell victim to a vindictive campaign that only ended when a jury dramatically cleared him five days ago.

But amazingly, despite his hellish two-year ordeal facing terrible accusations, Michael says he is determined to forgive.

And today in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mirror the pair tell how they never doubted their younger brother as he sat in court “fighting for his life”.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, made a string of sickening allegations from the witness box.

Glenis, 60, said: “We are just a normal working class family and we were shattered by what this woman and girl alleged.

He is a creature of habit. He is dying for ­everything to be back to normal so he can return to work and go to his local to watch football.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-susan-2275237
There's your hook. Nice and normal and wrongly accused. And she, the child to whom all this happened, well....

Back to yer pints, lads. Raise one for him, this working class hero from Corrers (it's a soap opera, remember? Sponsored by advertisers. Not real life).

Emmerdale next as the sleb arrests aren't gaining ground so let's relate the farmers, rurals etc. Then it'll be Hollyoaks to convince the youngsters people are being 'wrongly accused' or maybe Educating Yorkshire.

The UK is sick. The manipulation of the populace to become numb to child abuse and torture is SICK. Whether Mr Corrers and his pals are innocent or not, the fact is that THOUSANDS of British children are being and have been raped and worse, by adults. A little empathy for them, you would think, might be possible in this sensationalist shit that so many read. And worse, believe.

Another day depressed at the progress in dealing with the current day evil bastards.

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 15-09-2013 at 01:50 AM.
gobsmackedmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #75318
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white horse View Post
I feel the timing of both the Exposure and the Dispatches docus to be timed to miss the 'silly season'. Is Parliament at recess and about to restart soon after the summer? Also Question Time will be back on the telly so the full MSM exposure is potentially bigger as well.
I hope stays on it. Maybe also it's because some of the lamestream media have been reading this thread and are tired of being morons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...=feeds-newsxml
Mail Online - 12 September 2013
RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Who gave Cyril Smith the keys to the sweet shop?

When the police launched the Jimmy Savile inquiry a year ago, I suggested they might just as well re-open the case of another novelty Northern nonce, Cyril Smith.

The rumours had been doing the rounds for decades. Word had it that, like Savile, he was protected by friends in high places.

Yesterday came confirmation. Smith, the elephantine Liberal MP for Rochdale, who died in 2010, was at it for years. But his serial abuse of young boys was covered up by police and MI5.

A file was found in a safe at Lancashire police headquarters naming at least eight of his victims. They describe being beaten, stripped, massaged and subjected to bizarre ‘chastisements’ and ‘hygiene inspections’ by the 29-stone Smith.

The file was handed to prosecutors in 1970 but went ‘missing’. It was discovered seven years later by a Special Branch detective, Tony Robinson. He told Channel 4’s Dispatches programme, broadcast last night, that when news of the file leaked out, he received a call from MI5 requesting that it be sent to London by special courier.

Another officer, Paul Foulston, says he was ordered by Special Branch not to pursue an investigation into the murder of an 18-year-old boy alleged to have been involved in a sexual relationship with Smith.

The assistant chief constable of Lancashire, Andy Rhodes, admits that Savile and Smith got away with it for years because people who had the opportunity to stop them chose to turn a blind eye.

It’s more serious than just turning a blind eye. What is being alleged is that senior police and security services officers were involved in a conspiracy to bury serious sex crimes, up to and including murder.

So can we now expect the Crown Prosecution Service to send for the files, interview Robinson and Foulston, and bring charges against any of the conspirators still alive?

Don’t hold your breath.

The CPS is only interested in celebrity collars, like Coronation Street’s Michael Le Vell, acquitted of child rape this week after having his life turned upside down for two years.

When it comes to those who facilitated the crimes of Savile and Smith, the police and the CPS don’t want to know. The pair of them preyed on children in care homes like chocoholics in a sweet shop.

Someone gave them access, someone allowed them to abuse young people in their charge.

Off the back of Savile, the police have been kicking down the doors of assorted DJs, comedians and TV weathermen. But there have been no charges brought against those who handed them the keys to hospital wards and special school dormitories.

Savile was given a free run at Stoke Mandeville and Broadmoor, where he was photographed with the Yorkshire Ripper. Yet no NHS manager or nurse has been called to account.

Nor has any senior BBC employee, past or present, been arrested, even though many stand accused of being complicit in Savile’s crimes on Corporation premises.

We already know that Savile’s drinking buddies in the Old Bill in Manchester and Leeds protected him. Now it’s claimed that the Funny People covered up for Cyril Smith, who was heavily involved in the negotiations to prop up Jim Callaghan’s Labour government with Liberal support.

Someone must have given the orders, maybe a senior politician still sitting in the House of Lords today. OK, so many of those involved are no longer with us. Others are very old. But Stuart Hall is 83 and that didn’t prevent him being brought to justice. Nazi war criminals have rightly been prosecuted, even though they were well into their 90s.

This column has never gone in for conspiracy theories. But the selective nature of the investigations into ‘historic’ crimes stinks to high heaven.

While that ambitious, hatchet-faced, bottle-blonde bird at the CPS gets to call a press conference every time a celeb is forced to walk the plank, other less well-known individuals are getting away scot free.

Meanwhile, Cyril Smith, like Jimmy Savile, remains dead.

Last edited by troyhand; 15-09-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 15-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #75319
56cheffy

Angry JIMMY SAVILE'S nephew book

Quote:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...avile-s-nephew

He said: “I have written a book based on all my experiences of my uncle from the age of 13. I couldn’t live with the guilt of knowing so much and staying silent any longer.

“Doing the book is not about money but me really wanting to tell people about the extent of his depravity.”

Why didn't the bastard speak up when Savile was still alive if he knows so much.

I never use this word but the guy is a C**T

Last edited by 56cheffy; 15-09-2013 at 08:24 AM.
56cheffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #75320
david numen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56cheffy View Post
Why didn't the bastard speak up when Savile was still alive if he knows so much.

I never use this word but the guy is a C**T
If he's telling the truth then he is a victim - not of Savile directly but because of Savile. Are you then saying that all the people who have come forward with their experiences of Savile but who kept quiet at the time are c**ts?
david numen is offline   Reply With Quote