Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 13-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #21
jimo
Inactive

I heard that Bill Hicks "did the course" in his younger days and got a lot out of it.

Or was it Jimmy Savile? I forget now.

Last edited by jimo; 13-01-2012 at 09:23 PM.
jimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #22
heartbeatsalute

Exclamation

http://www.conspiracy-times.com/content/view/104/37/
ABOUT CIA IN A COURSE OF MIRACLES

Early in 1981, a well-known syndicated columnist Jack Anderson said, "my associate and I revealed a Pentagon secret that raised eyebrows from coast-to-coast. To the sceptics who wrote in, no, we don't take hallucinogens. The Pentagon and the Kremlin are, indeed dabbling in the black arts, they are seriously trying to develop weapons based upon extrasensory perception...". A Course in Miracles seems to have been a part of this psychic warfare... the question is: what was its intended purpose?

Channellers of Jesus Christ would - perhaps should - be treated with suspicion. But amongst the usual list of possible explanations for mounting a hoax, "A Course in Miracles" has an unusual candidate: CIA sponsored mind control.
Dr. William Thetford, co-scribe of the book, co-headed the CIA's "Mind Control" MK-ULTRA SubProject 130: Personality Theory, while at Columbia University, between 1971 and 1978. His colleague on this project was David Saunders. Thetford's Professional Bio, also available on the A Course in Miracles web site, makes reference to his involvement in a Personality Theory Research Project while Professor of Medical Psychology at Columbia University, but the information does not specifically cite this as a CIA MK-ULTRA SubProject - an omission we would expect to find.
When we check dates, it is clear that A Course in Miracles was written in the middle of this project's existence. The next question should therefore be whether it was part of this project. After all, the project addresses "personality theory" and the Course tackles how heal the personality.

"Some might argue that though the book was published in 1975, the sessions predated Thetford's involvement with the CIA in 1971. But can we be sure? The story goes that in late 1965, Schucman began to "channel" this voice in her head. From 1965 to 1972, Thetford directly assisted Schucman with the transcription of the first three sections of the work, which was in fact the great bulk of the material. But one year into his involvement with the CIA, in 1972, Thetford and Schucman were introduced to Dr. Kenneth Wapnick, whom they invited to assist with the editing that was required to render the rough draft of the ACIM manuscript into a publishable format. So though it is possible the actual sessions fell outside of Thetford's MKULTRA employment, the promotion and publication fell squarely within it.
Furthermore, it has been alleged that among the subjects deleted from the original versions were remarks concerning "the CIA." When some of these original versions were first published on the Internet in the late 1990s, they were almost as quickly removed by a court injunction brought by none other than Wapnick himself."

The War on Consciousness
- We are truly in a war. It is not the war we imagine we are in, which is the way our true adversaries want it. It is not a foreign war against a foreign enemy. It is a war on consciousness, a war on our own minds. The global war on terror that is being fought around the world is an embodied reflection in the material world of a deeper, more fundamental war that is going on in the realm of consciousness itself. -
- by Paul Levy, June, 2007 -
(Posted here: Thursday, June 14, 2007)
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 14-01-2012 at 02:02 AM.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #23
goldrise

Wow...you guys are taking me back about 15 years to when i read this book. It's a beautiful labryinth that pulls you into the world of Love. Understandably, most really can't get there or aren't ready for the message. This book is 'other worldly' and gives the impression it could not have been written by a mere human without some assistance.

I had begun a meditation practice around the time i was reading this so it was what i wanted to hear. I would say also that reading it is enough. You don't necessarily have to do anything. The style, much like the truth that comes out of reading Krishnamurti, is designed to transform you just by its mere reading.

Highly recommended and congrats to all those taking it on!

Last edited by goldrise; 14-01-2012 at 02:43 AM.
goldrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #24
fromthatshow

I read the book and immediately connected with it. I've never read a spiritual book with such consistency. The whole book is summed up in the first three opening sentences. "Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God."

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post
Of course it will make you uneasy and lose ground, because the ground you think your on is sand and the book will demonstrate that to you, people can indeed not be ready to read it.
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldrise View Post
The style, much like the truth that comes out of reading Krishnamurti, is designed to transform you just by its mere reading.
Completely agree. I think it is impossible not to be changed by the words in this text.

Last edited by fromthatshow; 14-01-2012 at 03:21 AM.
fromthatshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #25
heartbeatsalute

Exclamation

http://www.newspiritualbible.com/index6.html

Things to know about the "spiritual" Course in Miracles.
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.
Old 14-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #26
raythi

A new age occult located in the USA. I have met some of their ex-members and they only had positive things to say about this group. They teach their members how to get in touch with the Christ Consciousness that exist within all of us. I don’t know if the leader of this occult is still alive but i do know that he had a very big following and a very big community.

Read it and judge it for yourself.
raythi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #27
nirvana
Banned

Yes I read the book became very peaceful but also very isolated and found myself going deeper into myself and losing all desire to really be bothered to do anything.

Once I stopped reading the book I felt more grounded and started to go back to the gym etc.

I just felt the book sort of helped me fit into a spiritual box and leave me there .

Would this benefit the NWO.
nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #28
crystalline

The feeling I got from the book is that I wasn't in the corrrect space to take it on, and I think that might be why there is a variance between peoples reaction to reading it. I can see how it can be a door or pathway to further enlightenment to those who are in the correct place to, and point in life, to open that door. For me though, I am not far enough down the road to be able to open that door.

So, if viewed in that perspective, could it not be that what is essentially a tool of good can be used for purposes of mkultra type conditioning in those people that are not in the right space to read it?
I am glad I stopped because as others have pointed out I think I could have ended up becoming too consumed by its message at the detriment of myself and others in my life. Conversely though, I can see how it can be a very empowering book if viewed with the "right eyes".
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #29
the nine

Cool

Whether you feel ready to read this book or if your feel something is iffy, is only the grasp your ego has over you at this time.

It is the path to escaping this physical Realm of separatism outside of gods love.
The more you are attached to ego and the collective ego, the further you are from love.

Is is simple, yet very complex.

The conditioning is from cradle to grave, to break free is not easy, but this book shows you how.

The message Christ brought 2000 years ago has not changed. The bible is read through the ego and mistranslation, thus the message has been lost.

When you connect with Gods love, you realise or awaken to truth and know there can be no death..

Then this world and all it's fear gets exposed for what it is..
Prejudices fall away, forgiveness to all follows and peace and love flows into you.

Can you imagine in the roman amiptheatres the Christians who hold the truth and a connection with Gods love, walking gleefully without fear shouting"I forgive you ceasar, I forgive you lion, I forgive you gladiator accepting the way out of this realm"

Then you will know why the romans took on Christianity and changed the interpretation of christs message of forgiveness to the forgiving imaginary sins.
Invented the religion with a pope and hierarchy.

Mk ultra.. If you read the book and take on the message, I can't see how this will benefit anyone except yourself.
Innerpeace and spiritual ascension, if that is what the CIA are all about, then they can't be bad at all.

Maybe the people linking mind control to this book are purely ego driven and fear compels them?

There is no law saying you have to read it, it's only choice and you can take or forget anything you choose.

"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #30
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimo View Post
I heard that Bill Hicks "did the course" in his younger days and got a lot out of it.

Or was it Jimmy Savile? I forget now.
Wow
The mix up is vast lol
One is a legend and an inspiration to many, the other a suspected paedophile who was heavily linked the Yorkshire ripper..
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #31
wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nine View Post
Whether you feel ready to read this book or if your feel something is iffy, is only the grasp your ego has over you at this time.

It is the path to escaping this physical Realm of separatism outside of gods love.
The more you are attached to ego and the collective ego, the further you are from love.

Is is simple, yet very complex.

The conditioning is from cradle to grave, to break free is not easy, but this book shows you how.

The message Christ brought 2000 years ago has not changed. The bible is read through the ego and mistranslation, thus the message has been lost.

When you connect with Gods love, you realise or awaken to truth and know there can be no death..

Then this world and all it's fear gets exposed for what it is..
Prejudices fall away, forgiveness to all follows and peace and love flows into you.

Can you imagine in the roman amiptheatres the Christians who hold the truth and a connection with Gods love, walking gleefully without fear shouting"I forgive you ceasar, I forgive you lion, I forgive you gladiator accepting the way out of this realm"

Then you will know why the romans took on Christianity and changed the interpretation of christs message of forgiveness to the forgiving imaginary sins.
Invented the religion with a pope and hierarchy.

Mk ultra.. If you read the book and take on the message, I can't see how this will benefit anyone except yourself.
Innerpeace and spiritual ascension, if that is what the CIA are all about, then they can't be bad at all.

Maybe the people linking mind control to this book are purely ego driven and fear compels them?

There is no law saying you have to read it, it's only choice and you can take or forget anything you choose.

I think thats probably the truth there.
Old 14-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #32
reja_cims

Cool A Course in Miracles [ACIM]

You actually may find the story of how an 'early version' of this course [ACIM] was discovered in 1999 quite interesting as it blew the Course Community wide open! For years students believed they were studying what the scribe, Helen Schucman and her co-scribe William Thetford, had written but not so.

The story of how the scribing came about is in itself quite amazing. Story of the scribing Helen was a militant atheist. She had investigated religion and finally settled on science, believing there was no God. "Helen was a clinical and research psychologist, who held the tenured position of Associate Professor of Medical Psychology at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City." About the Scribes And then she began to have psychic occurrences culminating in hearing, "This is A Course in Miracles. Please take notes."

For 7 years she and her boss, William Thetford, took down what she was hearing from an internal VOICE which described itself as JESUS. This was embarrassing and disconcerting to Helen but on some level she knew she would take this material down. She said she wouldn't do what it said and if it made any errors she was done!

Once it was finished Helen and Bill didn't know quite what to do with it. They gave a copy to Hugh Lynn Cayce, son of Edgar Cayce, thinking perhaps they would publish it.

Shortly after this Helen and Bill met Ken Wapnick who thought that the manuscript should be edited further which they did. In 1975 the Course was published and copyrighted, with the acknowledgment that it had been edited by only minor changes in titles, subtitles and punctuation; in other words nothing major.

In 1992 the copyright holder started to enforce the copyright stringently and a few years later entered into a multimillion dollar law suit against a spiritual community which was 'quoting' the Course out of context. The spiritual community had only the lawyers who lived in the community and who offered their services Pro Bono. It was truly a David & Goliath scenario.

The spiritual community LIVED the theories of ACIM and came from unconditional love for ALL involved -> Judge, Plaintiffs, Defendants. ALL. I don't think the Judge or anyone in the courtroom knew what hit them. It was LOVE. The copyright was overturned in 2003!!! Copyright Timeline

The most amazing part of this whole story was that during the 'discovery' phase of the trial, the early version manuscript given to Hugh Lynn Cayce was located, digitized and put up on the INTERNET!!

Realizing the beauty of this material and wanting to get it out into the world, a few of us formed a non-profit organization, Course in Miracles Society [CIMS] and published this manuscript under the name, "Jesus' Course in Miracles" in 2000. Of course we were immediately presented with a restraining order and were sued as well. How Jesus Got His Copyright Back <- This link tells the story of what happened next.

We are the Course in Miracles referred to in the WIKIPEDIA article about ACIM. And we are truly Non-Profit. No one at CIMS receives salaries or bonuses for what we contribute.

If the Course has crossed your Path, it's not an accident. It's your REALITY telling you it's time. Check our blog out. CIMS BLOG Check out our website: CIMS Website.

There is something incredibly REAL behind the facade if you just take the time to peek in. ;-) Well....why am I not surprised the Huffington Post had this article. http://huff.to/LetLoveHostYourParty

Take care and thanks for taking the time to read this.
~ Reja
http://www.facebook.com/rejajoy
http://facebook.com/ACIM.original

Last edited by reja_cims; 14-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.
reja_cims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #33
raythi

@reja cims Thanks for your post

Much love and peace

ray
raythi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #34
heartbeatsalute

"Course in Miracles does not deliver on it's claim to be a way of life that helps us experience God's love. Instead, it is a dogmatic form of Hinduism framed in words of Christian terminology. It's appeal is the egotistical view that we are really God, and ought to feel good about ourselves as such. Unfortunately, such a view is merely a mental exercise in futility, and can greatly hinder us in achieving the high calling that God actually has for us. Many people who have found help and solace in A Course in Miracles have done so because they have become disillusioned with organized Christianity. I can empathize with this, however, the solution to the human condition is not found in embracing error, but in seeking the truth. Many churches today do not represent true biblical Christianity, and some do put forth a view of God which is just as erroneous as in A Course in Miracles. If we can help you in your quest for objective and verifiable truth with regard to God and the spiritual world, you can contact us via email at the address below." . (EWF)

http://www.neirr.org/MIRACLES.htm
Old 15-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
monay

Smile Cia

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbeatsalute View Post
A Course In Miracles was written at the end of the 50's by two CIA psychologists,Helen Schucman wrote it with the help of William Thetford, check it out. Was meant to be an update of the Bible.
EDIT: Also the book of URANTIA, quite interesting, was written by CIA people, the life of Jesus,
it is easier to control people through Christianity, since it has been around for 2000 years for better or worse, and it is now part of the Establishment.
I read them both. I thought that they were good sci phi at the time. That was many years ago.

I much prefer real Hindi and real paganism.
monay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #36
phoebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbeatsalute View Post
If we can help you in your quest for objective and verifiable truth with regard to God and the spiritual world, you can contact us via email at the address below." . (EWF)

http://www.neirr.org/MIRACLES.htm
Oh I did LOL when I read that part.

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakes.
phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #37
crystalline

Quote:
Originally Posted by monay View Post
I read them both. I thought that they were good sci phi at the time. That was many years ago.

can you recommend me a book?
Old 15-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #38
heartbeatsalute

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by monay View Post

Yeah!, me too!
Old 15-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #39
crystalline

well, I had another look at it last night and began reading. I can't connect with it and it is of no surprise that the authors have links with CIA because it has a mind control feel about it, imo.

I remember reading another book many years ago called Raising Kundalini, and whilst being a very spiritual book also, it had a totally different vibe to it. For anyone who hasn't read it, I would definitely recommend.
Old 16-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #40
unimatrix0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalline View Post
well, I had another look at it last night and began reading. I can't connect with it and it is of no surprise that the authors have links with CIA because it has a mind control feel about it, imo.

I remember reading another book many years ago called Raising Kundalini, and whilst being a very spiritual book also, it had a totally different vibe to it. For anyone who hasn't read it, I would definitely recommend.
Do you remember who the author is? I've tried finding it and have found a few books called Kundalini Rising.