Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
worlds beyond

Default Millionaire gives it all away...

"Austrian millionaire gives away his £2.7m fortune... because 'they never made me happy'

By Alan Hall

Last updated at 5:24 PM on 08th February 2010

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Generous: Karl Rebeder is giving away his £2.7m fortune

An Austrian millionaire is giving away his fortune and all his personal possessions because 'they never made me happy.'

Karl Rebeder, 47, from Linz, claims he will use the money from his household accessory business - worth £2.7 million - to fund orphanages and other help-the-poor projects in South America.

'I had the idea on holiday in Hawaii some years ago,' he said.

'My cars and plane have already gone and the rest follows very soon. I can't wait to be free of them.

'Since the sale of my company in 2004 I have been supporting several orphanage projects in central and South America.
'From this developed, less than a year ago, a greenhouse project which gives orphans the possibility to have agricultural training, to take up a small loan in order to make themselves independent vegetable growers.

'I set up a new non-profit micro-credit organisation to distribute these small loans to help these poor but industrious people.'
He told Austrian TV viewers of his plan to raffle his luxury Tyrol villa by lots - with all money going to the mymicrocredit.com foundation he started late last year - and shedding his fortune on the Stoeckl am Samstag chat-show programme, presented by Barbara Stoeckl, in an interview due to be broadcast in May.
The blurb for her show says; 'One of the central topics of the programme is relief actions, which portrays people who are actively involved in the humanitarian sector.

'Karl Rabeder is one of them and was therefore invited by Barbara Stoeckl to talk about his current and future plans in her show on May 16th.'
The luxury villa with breathtaking views over 'Sound of Music' countryside is being raffled for £1.3 million.
Prize: Rebeder is raffling off his luxury Tyrol villa

Rabeder claims he is happy living in a small flat and surviving on the equivalent of £800 a month.
'My then-wife and I were on the plane together coming back from Hawaii in 2004 and I realised that I was dying through consumerism,' he recalled.

'It has taken me until now to realise that I don't need money and possessions.
'I learned as a child the value of money and how to get by without it.'
Rabeder's father was a painter, his mother an office worker.

He founded his first company in 1986 and soon became rich, adding; 'I thought the more money I had the happier I would become, but it was not the case.'
He now lives in a two-room flat in Innsbruck, is divorced and added; 'The worst that can happen to me is that I have to take a small job to get by.'

It is unclear how his immediate family feels about his philanthropy."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0f29A2xMl

Someone who has seen sense.. if only more would follow suit!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
subl1minal

In other words, ''I know the economy is going to collapse soon and my fortune won't be worth shit''
subl1minal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
brassneck69
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by worlds beyond View Post
"Austrian millionaire gives away his £2.7m fortune... because 'they never made me happy'

Someone who has seen sense.. if only more would follow suit!
I agree, but if only someone would see sense and give some to me

That way i could buy myself a home instead of living semi rough, i could then get to see my children in a more stable environment more often.

People who are safe, secure and have a roof over there heads always like to preach this little bohemian existence. When you have money you can afford to.
brassneck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
tien an
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by subl1minal View Post
In other words, ''I know the economy is going to collapse soon and my fortune won't be worth shit''
Funny (strange, not 'ha-ha'), that's what I thought too...

tian an.
tien an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
wakeupworld

You terrible cynics lol

Even if he was anticipating the economy to collapse if he was not genuine in his gesture then he would have turned his cash into gold. He giving up his bricks and mortar too.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
edible

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeupworld View Post
You terrible cynics lol

Even if he was anticipating the economy to collapse if he was not genuine in his gesture then he would have turned his cash into gold. He giving up his bricks and mortar too.
This.

This forum is becoming increasingly focussed on the negative.
edible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
in other words, ''i know the economy is going to collapse soon and my fortune won't be worth shit''
Nice one

Last edited by the apprentice; 09-02-2010 at 12:33 PM.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible View Post
This.

the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
subl1minal

It's not negative, it's the inevitable. If I could sit here and manifest a world without pieces of 'I O U' paper for money that aren't even backed by gold, I would and I'm sure all of you would. But unfortunatley that's not the situation we're in.

We should all know and embrace the idea that the economy is going to crash hard, it's the only way these people up top get to change things. I don't even know why I'm explaining this, I thought anyone on a David Icke forum would know even that..

His fortune meant nothing to begin with and he must've realized this. There's only so long you can go with the illusion of security with money. Just makes your survival instincts grow lazy and dependant on something that isn't real.

Quote:
You terrible cynics lol

Maybe he did, maybe he had more money that he let go of or maybe he realized even gold won't get him anywhere. Just a nice house with a garden, in order to grow his own food
Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
real6

Some of yall are full of shit. This guy gets my props.
"My father may not approve, but I am no longer his disciple, I am a master now, an idea transcended into life. And so this is my new path, which is a lot like the old one - only mine. To stay on that path I need to work harder, explore new rituals, evolve. Am I evil? Am I good? I'm done asking those questions, I dont have the answers - does anyone?"

-Dexter Morgan
real6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #11
worlds beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible View Post
This.

too true... come on folks, think of just how many posts on this forum are on about how the "sheep" need to "wake up" and people need to stop buying into the "system" and we need an end to "greed" and "money" dominating everything and need to find the "truth" or "reality" etc. and so on..

...and along comes someone who has seen the truth (his truth) and acted on it, not half heartedly, not mere lip-service, but the whole hog.. turning his previous 'wrong-thinking' into very positive and altruistic ways to help others in this world..

...and yet some seem to still complain / try to bring him down ??

sometimes, folks, we need actually open our OWN eyes, and see the positives .. celebrate them.. and give some thanks (and credit) that there ARE some people in this world who genuinely DO realise the errors they have made and have the balls and strength to take steps to turn things around to put things right!

This man, in my humble opinion, has done more than all the 'rich' who feel absolved of any guilt or whatever just 'cos they donate a percentage to 'charity' each year (which is usually only for tax avoidance in any case!), or do a one off project with a small portion of their riches.

Come on folks, see the good in this (it IS there!) and give the man a break!

If everyone followed his example today, think how different the world would feel / be tomorrow?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #12
subl1minal

I'm not saying what he did was a bad thing at all, in a way even if he is thinking ''my fortune won't be worth shit soon'' he's doing something meaningful with it.

But there's always time for cynicism, after all, this is all just a game.

Last edited by subl1minal; 09-02-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #13
wakeupworld

Quote:
It's not negative, it's the inevitable. If I could sit here and manifest a world without pieces of 'I O U' paper for money that aren't even backed by gold, I would and I'm sure all of you would. But unfortunatley that's not the situation we're in.

We should all know and embrace the idea that the economy is going to crash hard, it's the only way these people up top get to change things. I don't even know why I'm explaining this, I thought anyone on a David Icke forum would know even that..

His fortune meant nothing to begin with and he must've realized this. There's only so long you can go with the illusion of security with money. Just makes your survival instincts grow lazy and dependant on something that isn't real.

Maybe he did, maybe he had more money that he let go of or maybe he realized even gold won't get him anywhere. Just a nice house with a garden, in order to grow his own food
Why wouldn`t gold get him anywhere? It`s been used for centuries as real money.
He is actually living in a 2 bedroom flat and doesn`t have a nice house with a garden apparently.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #14
passing
Inactive

Sounds to me like he 'woke up'!
passing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #15
mr fiddler

Quote:

Wow, would that be a world where food & produce would be produced by the good will of generous farmers, the internet would be maintained by willing nerds who love what they do, where hairy arsed builders will build you a dwelling for a pint.

A world where the Hoddie is a humble servant to the community, giving away magic mushrooms.

Mean while the silent majority can sit on their fat arses, surf the net, and spiritually lord it up! BBHHhhhhhh Makes me Sick
mr fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
subl1minal

Quote:
Why wouldn`t gold get him anywhere? It`s been used for centuries as real money.
He is actually living in a 2 bedroom flat and doesn`t have a nice house with a garden apparently.
He can't eat gold, maybe he can trade it for some food or something. But I can see gold only working for you if you want to get out of the country.

Maybe he's bought a house and plans to flee there Everything is a conspiracy god damn it!

Last edited by subl1minal; 09-02-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #17
wakeupworld

Quote:
He can't eat gold, maybe he can trade it for some food or something. But I can see gold only working for you if you want to get out of the country.

Maybe he's bought a house and plans to flee there Everything is a conspiracy god damn it!
Your point?

Do you eat the things that pay for your own food now?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #18
subl1minal

Quote:
Your point?

Do you eat the things that pay for your own food now?
No, but will I be able to eat those things when they won't buy me food anymore?

That's my point.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
the white knight

Fuck if i would give away nearly £3million i would take care of myself first he would be better off living out in the sticks if TSHTF the last place you would want to live is in the city with that kind of money here in the UK you could buy a smallholding. Here in Norfolk i saw a 3 bed with 12 acres go for £333k a bit run down but you can soon sort that out maybe some livestock on there and a large veg/fruit gardens, stock up with seed, get a water hole bored, apply for a shotgun licence, some Gold/Silver coins, help the rest of your family out and still have some left if you want to give some away.
the white knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #20
worlds beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by the white knight View Post
Fuck if i would give away nearly £3million i would take care of myself first
.. I think that's what many would do, self-first, which he didn't, except for the minimal essentials. For me, that's exactly why this bloke deserves a cheer.. he put his truth into action, no half-measures.. takes guts for someone used to having all the comfrots of the material world