View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Default "Gurus" speak of things.....

So called Gurus and wise people like to speak of things they do not know such as the after life and God, but the irony is they are jabbering on about all this stuff while there while they are still in a physical body. Perhaps they just enjoy coming out with things that sound deep and mystical because people respect them for sounding clever.

Who really knows what happens after we die....unless one has traveled there and returned....and even then, the place they visited while out of body could be just the tip of the iceberg of all the dimensions/ worlds that there are.

'Gurus' talk of non-attachment and such, harping on about it day and night as if they really know, making plenty of money from the books they sell and classes they run.....and its fine for the busy person who doesn't have time to think and merely needs a little more peace in their life....but for me all it does is raise more questions...in fact I don't see what help there is in being told that life has no purpose, that its all just a dream and we have to find our way back to some indefinable blob of light (or whatever) somewhere.....that suffering is merely because we "fell" into material existence and will only cease when we learn to "let go" of it.......

What good can such "wisdom" bring the soul-sick individual searching for knowledge to ease existence a little....to make day to day life somehow easier to bear?

With the amount of struggles there are in the world, I think what we really want to know is that there is definitely a purpose to it all!

The point of this thread is, to make people think and question that which they read.

You do not need teachers to teach you, although by all means read things people have written when they felt inspired to do so....take that which resonates with your own heart and leave the rest (words can be misinterpreted).

The best place to find the answers is within....and preferably somewhere where you can sit and hear the birds and the wind blowing through the trees.

I think these new insights into science- physics- quantum physics- Nassim Haramein, etc....can also be of inspiration.....even if the left brain can't take it in....it triggers something in our right brain; the overall grasp of the bigger picture.

Sometimes the stuff we read from so called gurus which sounds clever (what comes to mind at the minute is a book called "I Hope You Die Soon" by Richard Sylvester......Such things may be no more than the ideas that have been pieced together by troubled minds who do not really know.

Then again, what do I know?

Are we here for a reason?

Do we suffer, live, create.....just for the sake of some wild "dream" from which we return?

lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote