View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #43
flyermay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitler View Post
In this world yes, I am a capitalist bacause that is the most realistic path for me to attain power(not over others, just over my life). I do not want to abstain from life until someone overthrows the military industrial complex, divides up the land equally and creats a hippy utopia, and I cannot do it on my own. And even if I could it would take money and organisation, which sitting on the dole slagging off people who try, will not get me much of.
That's sounds reasonable to me, I tried it to for many years; but that's just not me. I can't afford to spend the rest of my life accumulating wealth nor working for something that I'm just not interested in. Too many things that I still have to do before I die.

Quote:
How come if I invest my own money and create a business and invite people to work with me in exchange for a share of the profits and produce then I am bad and exploitative?
That's fair enough, as it would be a cooperative.

Quote:
Yet if I sit on my arse living off money stolen from people who work via taxation , then I am good and not in any way an exploiter?
Well... I haven't worked for years, and I'm also not on the dole.

Unfortunately, we live in capitalism, and those who benefit more from it never do a day's work. Said that, I don't look to be wealthy, just to keep this level forever (unless things change).

Quote:
And why do you assume I make a class distinction between myself and those who work with me? Why do you assume I would draw a wage higher than them? Why do you feel the need to see those who work with me as poor and opressed when in reality they have often been more wealthy than myself because they had not invested all their savings in a business?
Because you talked about "you" and "the workers", if you didn't made distinctions you would have said: "we". But maybe I misinterpreted you, for that you just said now.

Last edited by flyermay; 05-01-2010 at 10:36 PM.
flyermay is offline   Reply With Quote