View Single Post
Old 14-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #54
greenleaf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxx View Post
alan moore who wrote the comics v for vandetta and league of extraordinary gentlemen and from hell and all that stuff. watchmen too i think. well i saw this about him

Moore is a practising magician, having become a gnostic in the mid-1990s, and worships a Roman snake deity named Glycon. He describes his understanding of "magic" as fundamentally synonymous with "art": the use of words, images, and actions to affect people and the way they think. He performs one-off "workings" (a word, which in ritual magic means a pre-planned series of magical acts), which combine ritualistic and performance art elements with spoken word prose poetry, read by Moore as part of a performance art group, The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels. Several of their pieces have been released on CD, and two, The Birth Caul and Snakes and Ladders, have been adapted for comics by Eddie Campbell.

i like his comics too. i read one of his but i can't remember what it was called but it was about an ancient indian/vedic city beneath london with loads of monsters and gods fand heroes and shit from other dimensions.

grant morrison that other comic guy he's heavily into chaos magic and whatever.
And now the Watchmen is being made into a film... due for release soon too,

released 6 March 2009
greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote