Thread: On The Square
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #37
jesusissalvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
I don't but would love to know why they do
I only recently discovered the truth to this myself, LG. Quite interesting and yet, once understood, actually makes 'perfect sense'.

“The mosaic pavement in an old symbol of the Order. It is met with in the earliest rituals of the last century. It is classed among the ornaments of the lodge along with the indented tessel and the blazing star. Its party-colored stones of black and white have been readily and appropriately interpreted as symbols of the evil and good of human life.” ~ Albert G. Mackey, 33rd Degree Freemason and Secretary General of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, author of Encyclopedia of Freemasonry

So in a nutshell, when a Mason walks on the checkered floor, those who have been 'enlightened' now know that they walk, possessing the knowledge of 'good and evil.'

Masons very often base their teachings on the Bible but only as a 'backdrop' and not as a 'means of salvation'. Incorporating this idea, comes from the following verse.

"And the LORD God said , Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat , and live for ever." ~ Genesis 3:22

The concept actually goes even deeper than that because it relates to the 'elohiym' [אֱלֹהִ֔י = divine ones] in Genesis 1:1 Who are the Creators of heaven and earth and Who are divine in every way, shape and form.

And from this knowledge is drawn the teaching of panentheism in which the divine 'sparks' of life are present in us all and freemasonry teaches that you can receive 'illumination' by moving up through its' ranks and knowing the 'god in you'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
good post BTW ...
Thank you, LG and likewise to you. I see you are shedding light on very esoteric teachings. Believe me when I say that the vast majority of the world [including myself] are either not 'ready' to receive them or we will simply just never be able to 'fully comprehend' them...

Last edited by jesusissalvation; 02-08-2012 at 08:16 AM.
jesusissalvation is offline   Reply With Quote