View Single Post
Old 29-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #80
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
How funny you should post this. I was reading this today; If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the now.
Yes I too have read this. Its called something like The Time Trap, trapped in time, falling into time, not free. Freedom is only found in the Now, because the Now is timeless I was asked once to point to the time when the Now begins and the Now ends...I could not because just as I thought I'd caught the start of the Now it was no longer the Now, it had become past. The Now is timeless because it has no beginning and no end. When I was told that my mind stood still it just could not work it out. When I'm in the Now I have no depression, no anxiety, no worries of any kind, then if I feel myself falling back into time I bring myself back. Eckhart says that once you have realized your not in the Now your actually back in the Now

I have the greatest respect for Eckhart Tolle he has helped me through his teachings to deal with a very over active mind constantly trying to pull me into the past/future. I did join one of his local groups about two years ago which gave me access to his many DVD's and fellow seekers, however I had to leave as it became more tea, cakes and chat than meditation and teachings!!!!

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 29-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.
bridgeeteyes is offline   Reply With Quote