View Single Post
Old 29-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #13
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenwolf View Post
They could also have work programs where those who are receiving a government check could earn it while learning a trade. Perhaps they could repair these slums that they live in and learn some carpentry skills. Some of them don't even want to try and work because the government has brainwashed them into a victim mentality(you are also correct about the education). It's really sad- a vicious cycle.

I know there are those who really need the help but there are many who are abusing the system; I've witnessed it myself; especially with food stamps. And don't get me started on disability! My uncle busted his ass his entire life; then due to a rare medical condition is paralyzed from the waist down(he has many other health problems as a result). He was repeatedly turned down for disability, finally got it, then got declined again.
Excellent post I agree with you 100%. Education is the key. Problem is that in my experience working at a public school I realize so many parents are smoking crack that the kids home environment is just to negative to study and learn properly so they really struggle. Kids have moms dead from aids on my team and they live with grandparents who can't discipline them. Plus the entertainment industry promotes dope dealing rap music and most kids can't see past that. It's a viscous cycle for sure.
302bluefog is offline   Reply With Quote