View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 10:45 AM   #54
JustMe418

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinoxboy View Post
I can relate David's early experiences with my own. From the closed down mind I inhabited, to suddenly having infinity unfold before me, my ego tried to frame it, make sense of it and share my newfound wisdom with everybody who would listen. The biggest mistakes I made were down to my own filters interpreting. Ego cannot conceive of infinity.

Back in those wild times, the 90's, it seemed like everybody who began to spiritually awaken quickly encountered "higher beings", who were waiting to benevolently guide us. Lots of information we uncovered came from these sources. A question which I am left with is;

Were these internal or external sources?

David is us. So is Jesus. So is Hitler. We are all infinite potential, limited merely by the filters we impose upon reality.I think it is a mistake to put people on pedestals. I am grateful for what David has done over the years, as part of our unfolding awareness. It is as valuable as the perspective of the OP, because it encourages us to ask questions and to wonder what lies beyond our current understanding.

I don't believe anything, because I think that solid parameters to reality are the boxes we pace ourselves in to avoid confronting infinity. (This perspective leads me to think of the irony that I am writing these words, which create further solidity, just as David's words about Jesus did. David acknowledged this in the quote Pound highlighted.)

Love
If ego cannot conceive infinity then why do many people who talk about infinite consciousness often act from a position of ego? you can see many people throughout history talk about infinity and yet they retain some sense of ego. Personally I think the ego is still there in people but in periods of exaltation it is subdued, not removed.

Does it matter where information come from, within or without, as long as its useful? some people relate to internal processes by externalising them.
I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
JustMe418 is offline   Reply With Quote