View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017, 09:29 AM   #599
truegroup

Location: Conspiracy research is all about proof, not assumption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1 View Post
I think all they really know about the moon is that it apparently has a lot of titanium on it, which some think is unnatural, particularly toward the surface.
They know a lot more than that based on analysis of the lunar samples, numerous probes and numerous ALSEP experiments from Apollo.

Quote:
Oh and it apparently rang like a bell for quite a while when it was 'thumped' once which indicated hollowed out spaces perhaps or caverns I suppose on the inner parts.
It doesn't indicate that at all. The seismometers were placed on the lunar surface by the Apollo astronauts. Various readings taken were from Moonquakes and Apollo hardware impacting the Moon.

Their conclusions were that the Moon rang like a bell because of....

https://www.nasa.gov/exploration/hom...oonquakes.html

"On Earth, vibrations from quakes usually die away in only half a minute. The reason has to do with chemical weathering, Neal explains: "Water weakens stone, expanding the structure of different minerals. When energy propagates across such a compressible structure, it acts like a foam sponge--it deadens the vibrations." Even the biggest earthquakes stop shaking in less than 2 minutes.

The moon, however, is dry, cool and mostly rigid, like a chunk of stone or iron. So moonquakes set it vibrating like a tuning fork. Even if a moonquake isn't intense, "it just keeps going and going," Neal says. And for a lunar habitat, that persistence could be more significant than a moonquake's magnitude."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow...ng_like_a_bell

Quote:
I recall reading that since this discovery they have found other hollowed out asteroids and moons and also tidal locked moons that don't rotate behaving much like our own.
Hollow asteroids? Where? All tidally locked Moons rotate. They perform a single rotation per orbit.
truegroup is offline   Reply With Quote