View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart edwards View Post
Indeed. The only difference is that we are all at different stages of different paths to the same place. But when you reach a certain point you begin to illuminate the way through your actions in the drudgery of daily life for those who follow on your path, and a bit to others as well, like a beacon in the night.

In truth, the messiah is simply someone who has reached a certain level of enlightenment. Now whether fellow humans recognise this or not in someone is a different matter.

I mean how would you recognsie the messiah? Think about it.
I guess any form of recognition would be based on an internal response to their knowlegde, but how do you define its depth? as far as I am aware messiah was a name given to hebrew kings anyway.

The jesus of the church is just their way of consolidating control of people by claiming to have a unique person who alone can offer salvation. This might be good enough for many but there are a growing number of people who reject this idea because they see the truth in spritual traditions around the globe, some of which are condemned by christians.
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote