View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #29
drakul

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldennbrown View Post

You were looking at things from a civilisational perspective when asking : "You think cutting the throat of an animal and then dragging out its slimy writhing bloody intestines in order to read the future is emblematic of an advanced civilization/culture/religion?" My reply was therefore perfectly grounded, insofar as the civilisation in which those ritual murders took and are still taking place has been shaped by Judeo-Christianity.
Your response makes no sense. For example - the DRUIDS were famous for the reading of entrails. How were they influenced by Christianity? Look around the world - blood sacrifice was going on for thousands of years before Christianity AND before the Jews (whose bloodthirsty Jehovah I detest). The Egyptians practiced blood sacrifice for at least 1,000 years before the `Hebrews' even became a people. The Hindus practiced blood sacrifice from at least 3,000 BC. The Scythians were also heavily into blood sacrifice from 2,000BC. How were they influenced by Christianity? Let alone the Mayans and the Aztecs - notorious for human sacrifice.

Quote:
Since you now appear to consider them from another perspective, which you'd call "religious", history shows that, from the day the Church was founded, one of its main goal was to divide European kingdoms, to set them against each other, in a typical pre-Machiavellian 'divide and rule' policy. http://www.scribd.com/doc/51688456/4...orld-War-I</b> is very interesting in this respect.
Yet you provide no substantive evidence at all. All just hearsay.

Quote:
Leaving aside that human sacrifices were extremely rare in ancient Rome,
Heh. So what would you call the gladiatorial `games'? They began as blatant human sacrifice, servants or slaves forced to fight to the death on the graves of their dead masters.

Quote:
that Rome even forbade the peoples they conquered to perform blood sacrifice,
The irony of the Romans forbidding human sacrifice is huge. However the Romans never forbid `blood sacrifice'. How could they? Massive blood sacrifice was a huge part of Roman religion as well. The wealthier you were, the more animals you sacrificed. This was true all over the empire.

Do you know what a TAUROCTONY is?

Quote:
and that there are grounds for thinking that most of the instances of so-called blood sacrifice described by early Christian apologists only existed in their troubled imagination,
Why don't you do yourself a favor - READ the ancient pagans historians who lived hundreds of years before Jesus Christ. Read Herodotus, Diodorus Siculus, Lucien of Samosata, etc.

Quote:
I am not saying that the ritual sacrifice of animals does not represent in any way a degeneracy. Far from it. I consider it to be one of many steps in the process of degeneracy, of involution which has led the world to the ritual murders of WW1 and WW2. Besides, blood sacrifice is a priestly prerogative. Bloodthirsty gods are typically Semitic ones.
Again - READ - educate yourself.

Quote:
One thing that makes it difficult to have a serious conversation with Christians is that they do not seem to have read their own scriptures, beginning with Matthew 5:17 : "Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill."
And your point IS?

Last edited by drakul; 11-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote