View Single Post
Old 16-02-2019, 12:41 AM   #24
decim

I watched that Hellier series you posted.
Then after watched some Mothman and dogman stuff was kind of weird they both mentioned idrid cold.
Think it could be Mothman related SOL?
Stay alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
I've been wracking my brain all day trying to figure out in what sequence to explain this in so that it makes sense in the same way as it does to me.

I'll break it down into smaller posts to make it easier to read.

Gotta start with this thread I posted a while back on the new five-part paranormal investigation documentary series Hellier: https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=323726

I avoided posting spoilers in that thread, but I'm going to have to now.

Watching the entire 5 hours of the series is necessary to get the full effect of it, and would definitely be of benefit to what I'm talking about here, but I appreciate that's a big investment of time for anyone not already motivated to do so, so watching episodes 1, 3 and 5 (full episodes posted at the above link) would suffice.

If you haven't got time for that, here's the *SPOILER* story in a nutshell...

A team of paranormal investigators get a strange email message that they dig into. They find a link to a mysterious entity mentioned in John Keel's Mothman Prophecies, called Indrid Cold.

They go to the town of Hellier, that is the centre of their investigation, and conduct an experimental paranormal technique where they ask questions of supernatural forces while one of the group wears a blindfold and headphones playing white noise.

Out of the white noise, the listener repeats the audio pareidolia messages he hears, which seem to respond to their questions as though a form of communication has been established.

Towards the end of the session, the listener says that the image of a tin can suddenly and inexplicably pops into his head.

In the final episode they trek through the wilderness to an old abandoned mine in the side of a mountain, looking for answers. While exploring the entrance to the mine, their torchlight suddenly reveals that there is a tin can sitting directly in the middle of the cave opening at the mouth of the mine, as if placed there waiting for them.

Months after the investigation, they discover that in one of John Keel's books discussing entities such as Indrid Cold, he mentions that they often manifest in the form of tin cans.

-- Now I've just ruined any surprises you'll get from the series but there was no choice. Still worth watching because that brief synopsis doesn't do it justice, of course. Personally, I got a really palpable, satisfying buzz out of the final revelation that perhaps Indrid Cold himself was the tin can they 'met' at the end of their investigation.

While trying to remain cryptic to avoid spoilers, I posted on this in the above-linked thread about 3 weeks ago:

So the IC above = Indrid Cold and tc = tin can.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote