View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #56
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
That makes sense of course. It's the searching endlessly for meaningful anagrams of a name you think is an alien pseudonym and that sort of thing that I was referencing. I don't want another Dogman situation here.
If you look at it from the perspective that these three were Adamski's contacts, then their appearance at the very same conference at which Adamski revealed his artists impression of Orthon would mean that they were deliberately attempting to communicate their reality in a subtle, coded way to a minority of people paying attention.

There'd be no need for them to show up in person at the conference unless that was the goal, since according to Adamski, they had telepathic and remote viewing powers and the technology to monitor human affairs from afar.

With that in mind, it would seem logical to also encode clues to who they really were in the names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Sol, Let me tell you something about my family that relates to this in a way. Dad was a sociology prof who studied cults and contactees. Before I was born he had infiltrated a group that was actually constructing a saucer. The Space Brothers would give the group the anti-gravity drive when the time was right according to their leader.

Well my sister was a precocious child and among the believers in the group there sprang a rumor that she was an alien child! I'm sure there were any number of details they obsessed over in trying to figure out exactly who they were dealing with, many of which must have seemed to be solid evidence at the time (to them.)
Any more info on that? What happened to the cult? Was it a direct offshoot of the Adamski thing?

I know what you're getting at - you can find meaning anywhere if you want to - but in the case of the anagrams and etymology of the names I'm looking at, there's a sound and logical reason for doing it, since it's one of the only ways available to us to get a clearer sense if the story has merit, and if they really were aliens then they would have understood that and most likely impregnated the pseudonyms with clues.

Last edited by size_of_light; 19-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote