View Single Post
Old 21-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #18726
susan0207
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpon
I've met 3 different 'therapists', in their professional capacity, and they were all absolutely shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by midicon View Post
That explains a lot. I would suspect too that most of those on Hampstead research have met therapists in their 'professional' capacity. I would agree that they do not seem to have been 'helped' either.
Yes, the crew at hampsteadresearch seems to think they can comment on therapy issues:

(ps this is an example of some of the not-so-funny issues the crew at hoaxtead cover)

from charlotte ward and one of her associates:

Quote:
How the Hampstead case is helping people

June 13, 2015 jacquifarmer1984
Thanks to a regular, who explains how the Hampstead case, horrific as it is, is helping her help others:

...Then yesterday, someone shared with me about a person, they know, who is having difficulty with voices in their head,

certain memories, but didn’t understand fully….. I was able to give some useful advise and will follow that one up over the

next few weeks ( I think this is definitely connected with SRA).
https://hampsteadresearch.wordpress....elping-people/

A victim responded to this:

Quote:
A victim has contacted us in response to this disgraceful comment posted by Charlotte “Jacqui Farmer” Ward:

“Oh no! This makes me feel sick to my stomach, and here’s why:

A few years ago, I was having some mental health issues…depression and anxiety mostly, and sometimes a voice that told me

to just end it all, and I decided to get help. A friend at the time said she thought my symptoms might mean I’d been abused

as a child, which I didn’t believe…I had a happy childhood, for the most part, though my teen years were a bit difficult.

I was at university when the depression hit, and having trouble concentrating on my courses, so I went to the local

learning centre, where a counsellor (who I later found out was actually just an educational counsellor with no clinical

training at all) talked to me and agreed with my friend…she said the depression and the voices meant I’d been abused, that

my parents had allowed it to happen, or maybe they were even involved!

I was shocked, but I wasn’t a mental health professional, whereas she was…or so I thought. She told me she’d try

hypnotherapy on me, to “get at the buried memories” that I must be repressing….turned out I was a pretty good hypnotic

subject

I experienced the treatment sessions as kind of blurry nightmares, in which my granddad chased me with knives, screaming

that he’d slit my throat and drain my blood if he caught me…then there were people in black robes, and chanting, and my

granddad standing at a kind of altar with me on it. I hated these hypnosis sessions, because each time the pictures in my

head seemed to get worse and worse and I couldn’t stop them, and sometimes it felt like they were real.

But how could they be? My granddad was the love of my life when I was a little girl. He used to carry me on his shoulders,

he taught me to read, he used to take me fishing with him….he died when I was 10, and I cried for weeks. How could he have

done these terrible things? It just didn’t make sense to me, and I found my depression getting worse instead of better.

Diane, my therapist, assured me that “the unconscious mind doesn’t lie”…and she insisted that I keep going with the

hypnosis, no matter how painful and disorienting I found it. Then she told me that while I was hypnotised, I sometimes

talked to her in “different” voices, like I was someone else. She told me she thought I had multiple personality disorder.

Sometimes I’d come out of trance and find that she’d invited other people into her office to watch me, like I was a dancing

monkey or something.

I was getting worse and worse in my depression, and started thinking about killing myself by jumping off a high bridge near

my house. I can’t swim so I knew that when I hit the water I’d go under, no problem. Luckily for me, my roommate at the

time saw that I was in bad shape and took me to see a real therapist, with a real degree in psychology.

Long story short, it took months of work with her before the nightmares started going away, and I started to feel a bit

more like myself again. It was hard, but I started to realise that my first “therapist” had used me, and in doing that

she’d caused so much damage that I almost lost my life. She had her own agenda…and even although she didn’t know what she

was doing, she kept doing it anyway, with no regard for what it might mean to me.

The thought of this happening to other people who might be bamboozled into thinking they were “ritually abused” just makes

me ill…I really WAS abused, but it wasn’t by my parents or my granddad, it was by the unqualified, untrained woman who

thought she could mess around with my head and “help” me and nearly ended up killing me. Jacqui might mean well, but she

cannot be allowed to do this. Please, if anyone knows where she is or how to reach her, you MUST tell her that what she’s

planning is dangerous and could result in doing terrible damage.”
https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.c...victim-writes/

....this triggered a response from 'doctor joe'

Quote:
“Unfortunately this story is not unique and there are many unqualified – and even qualified – therapists who do more

damage than harm. It is a very dangerous profession, and the reason why any person in need and wanting therapy should be

aware of the rigorous training and personal therapy any psychotherapist with BACP or UKCP has to undertake, and of the

serious ethical issues considered and employed by professionals within these organisations today. Supervision is a

requirement of any therapist within these bodies, and they both have rigorous complaints procedures that do try to ensure

the safety of the client. Such considerations are given highest priority.

‘Jaqui’ in her article on Hampsteadresearch, promoting the idea that someone who is hearing voices could be an SRA victim

is an actual danger and threat to any such vulnerable person. Like a bad therapist, she could damage a person who might be

every fragile already, and who definitely does not need pushing over the edge with what is ‘her own stuff’. Which is

precisely why therapists have to undergo extensive personal therapy in order to be able to identify what’s what. Jaqui is

pushing her own shit onto other people here.”
https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.c...doctor-writes/

...which prompted this response :

Quote:
“I know that not all therapists are equally good and effective, but to put your faith in someone who just wants to

‘play doctor’ for the sake of proving that ‘SRA really exists’, or that ‘memories never lie’…it’s unethical and very very

dangerous.

If I were to do it again, I’d choose a therapist based on their qualifications, their experience with my kind of problems,

and their work environment (working under close supervision). Thank you for understanding.
https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.c...victim-writes/

from a comment on the same page:

Quote:
As for ‘Jacqui’…well, from what I’m reading here and on her blog, she’s pushing her own agenda, she’s got no experience at

anything other than some kind of ‘web analytics’, and she’s no more qualified to ‘help’ someone like me than she is to

attempt brain surgery.”
Please, anyone on DI with contact to Charlotte Ward and any others associated within the hampsteadresearch.wordpress.com blog, forward this to her and those very people to consider. I would do so myself, but it will be deleted in comments and forgotten.

However, it will stay up here.

Last edited by susan0207; 21-06-2015 at 09:42 AM.
susan0207 is offline   Reply With Quote