Thread: ├śward
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #7
doobyferkin
Inactive

Roage is an excellent teacher, one of the lessons i have learned is something that has occasionally affected me........

.........a friend had visited me in my own house, when i mentioned to this person that my nephew was doing really well from being home schooled, the response from my friend was that psychopaths are a product of homeschooling. I left the experience feeling that this person was intentionally being antagonistic towards me and i felt attacked, i could have argued but i decided to ignore the statement and was happy when the person left. This person would come out with these kind of statements on many occasions when visiting so i avoided the visits.

after listening to Roage and then thinking back to my friend and then other similar situations i come to this realization......

the reason i felt "attacked" by my friends views was a lesson to me, this lesson was that my friend was inadvertently teaching me that i had the need to convince my friend to see my "truth". My feeling of being attacked was really a result of my failure to convince my friend of seeing my "truth" thus i was attacking myself for my failure, this was not the fault of my friend, my friend was/is not ready to see my truth therefore i should not blame my friend for being antagonistic and should not blame myself for failing to convince my friend for not seeing my "truth".....the attack then disappears, no hurt done

the lesson has been learned and my future confrontations with this person or any other people with similar confrontations will be different

i have transformed, i am now ready for more lessons.....very powerful! thanks Roage
doobyferkin is offline   Reply With Quote