View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #6
cosmic tramp

I've said it before and I'll say it again. And again. And again.

Journal. Journal. Journal. So good I named it thrice.

J.W. Dunne. Probably the most underrated explorator of dreamscapes this planet has ever known ( though he's virtually unknown to this day).

An aeronautics engineer by trade, who applied scientific principles to that one third of our unwaking lives which makes no sense whatsoever to most of us, yet which was to have such an impactive influence on J.B. Priestley, Jung & Einstein in examining the collective consciousness and the nature of time itself.

"An Experiment With Time" (Faber & Faber 1922) Dunne's book on dream analysis is the only book on dreams which ever made any sense to me, in which he presents some very plausible theories on the nature of dreaming , on the mind and of time itself.

Interesting fact: J.B. Priestley invited Dunne backstage to talk to the cast of one of his time plays in the hope of enlightening his actors as to what they were actually playing and why they were playing it... Priestley observed they just charmingly laughed and nodded in all the right places, pretending to know what Dunne was actually going on about.

Now, it is thanks to Dunne I am now the proud possessor of several scrawled journals of my own dreamscapes which read something like Salvador Dali talking to Eugene Ionesco. I may even have them posthumously published. As having any validity as per Aboriginal, Innuit and Neanderthal mindsets which acknowledge dreamscapes as part and parcel of everyday waking reality no less valid than hunting, fishing or building in the waking life. One argument presented is that cats have this innate desire to sleep for this very reason. They equally exist on other planes.

Suggest you try it sometime. It may, in time, make sense.

Your dreams may well, make no sense whatsoever in the now, but in the future they could well be the explanation of everything ( as Dunne discovered). He determined that dreams were a composite of past , present and future events. The mind operating outside of time.

If you haven't read "An Experiment With Time " by J.W. Dunne , free PDF download here. His post Victoriana narrative style is a bit stodgy, but bear with it and you'll see what he is getting at. This stuff is as valid as Euclid or Pythagoras and affects absolutely everybody. Link below:

http://www.archive.org/details/AnExperimentWithTime

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 12-09-2018 at 09:04 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote