View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
blythe
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cont View Post
your conception of humanity is completely flawed. you are working from the principle that humans are essentially selfish and will only fight each other over scarce resources.

wrong.

humans are cooperative and we have built communities like large nations numbering millions of strangers because we are able to love each other and share. how else could they have come about?

we need to feed such good people honesty and love, so that our development continues to progress, not complete shit so that we go back to the stone age.

back to the philosophical drawing board you go.
This is almost the exact post I would've made 4-6 years ago in response to my topic.

The want/need to be in power is fueled by our survival instincts, if nothing can defeat us, we are essentially invincible, or at least we've eliminated most possibilities that could mean our destruction.

I believe this very forum is also, albeit on the other end of the spectrum, an exercise of our survival instincts, because we feel powerless due to TPTB seemingly wanting us dead at every turn.

I've dedicated my life to researching, this isn't some idea that I came up with overnight. I research facts over feelings, and while it might make me feel all good inside to say we should "spread light and love!", it's illogical to believe we can live in this reality based on that. I have issued the challenge of finding an alternative way to live, where our infrastructure could be maintained and needs fulfilled outside of our current system, but people seem to think "light and love" will provide everything through magic without being realistic. I am not religious, nor am I overly spiritual (I used to be...), if someone can come up with how "light and love" will "fix"(assuming it's broken) the system/world, I'd be more than glad to hear it.

I respect your guys's opinions, even if it's douchey one-liners saying "why waste keyboard ink" (funny how "spiritual" people are quick to become aggressive). I appreciate all discussion.

Last edited by blythe; 10-05-2016 at 02:17 PM.
blythe is offline   Reply With Quote