View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
snowleopard

Default The way people look today

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this but many people today have younger looking faces than they did a few decades ago. This cannot be explained by evolution or a dramatic change in diet. What's really going on?

I look much younger at 39 than my parents did at the same age but I'm not the only one in my family who presents this anomaly. In fact, all of my cousins on both sides of my family look significantly younger than their parents did at the same age.

I have cousins in their 40s who look younger than their parents did in their late 20s. My own father looked older at 26-27 than I do at 39 lol.

You notice this change in Hollywood as well. Actors of old Hollywood had more mature faces than they do today. You didn't have anyone looking like Jim Parsons or Jared Leto in their 40s. They looked very adult even at 18.

It's not the skin aging that has changed but the facial structure that is now less mature. We now have an epidemic of baby-faced individuals.

My theory is that consciousness affects the way we look. We live in a society that encourages immaturity and youth. People don't want to grow up. They don't want to have the responsibilities that their parents and grandparents had. You now have people in their 30s, 40s and 50s talking and acting like teenagers.

British biologist Rupert Sheldrake came up with a theory called Morphic Resonance. Here is his definition of it:

"Morphic resonance is a process whereby self-organising systems inherit a memory from previous similar systems. In its most general formulation, morphic resonance means that the so-called laws of nature are more like habits. The hypothesis of morphic resonance also leads to a radically new interpretation of memory storage in the brain and of biological inheritance. Memory need not be stored in material traces inside brains, which are more like TV receivers than video recorders, tuning into influences from the past. And biological inheritance need not all be coded in the genes, or in epigenetic modifications of the genes; much of it depends on morphic resonance from previous members of the species. Thus each individual inherits a collective memory from past members of the species, and also contributes to the collective memory, affecting other members of the species in the future."

Nature is more like a memory than something fixed so it can be changed. I remember Sheldrake saying that you do not look like your parents only because of genetics but also because of the thoughts and beliefs your parents transmitted to you through Morphic Resonance.

Could the changing thoughts and beliefs of our societies affect the way our faces look? Mature society = mature looking faces, immature society = baby faces?

Last edited by snowleopard; 05-07-2018 at 12:02 PM.
snowleopard is offline   Reply With Quote