View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #144
doctorc
Inactive

I have listened to both Bashar and also Passio and find value in both, but the core of what they are saying seems to be incompatible. Who is right then?

Bashar says follow your highest excitement and all else falls into place. It is very solipsistic, but seems to work when applied. If we all do what brings us the greatest joy, then perhaps in that alignment we meet those whom we are supposed to meet and live the lives we are meant to live. So maybe not being in alignment with this, which could also be called fear, is where the worlds ills come from from, from people who are not following the path they are supposed to be on.

I also really like Mark Passio's work, his view is a more altruistic take and he says there are core truths or natural laws operating in our experience, the basic duality of love=freedom and fear=control. He feels we should be trying our best on an individual level to change the world and disseminate truth to wake people up. He says that much of the new age, which he would classify Bashar as, is a trick to get people to ignore the darkness and do nothing about it, as others have said. It makes sense logically, but in actual practice I am not so sure he is right.

My experience seems to indicate that by fighting against the perceived evil or injustice in the world, resisting it in other words, you actually give it attention and empower it and draw more of it into the world. Life is basically the result of our attention, both individually and collective. The way to solve a 'problem', in ones own life at least, is simply to stop giving it attention, and put your attention on the opposite. This goes to scale collectively as well. While I really agree with alot of what Passio says, in actually applying the two systems, I would have to side with the former as bringing the best results.
doctorc is offline   Reply With Quote