View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:03 AM   #391
lightgiver

Lightbulb Savage Harvest

Michael Rockefeller-In Search Of..
Quote:
On November 17, 1961, Rockefeller (Age 23) and Dutch anthropologist René Wassing were in a 40 -foot (12-metre) dugout canoe about 3 miles (5 kilometres) from shore when their double pontoon boat was swamped and overturned..Their two local guides swam for help, but it was slow in coming. After drifting for some time, early on November 19 Rockefeller said to Wassing "I think I can make it" and swam for shore.. The boat was an estimated 12 mi (19 km) from the shore when he made the attempt to swim to safety, supporting the theory that he died from exposure, exhaustion, and/or drowning.. Wassing was rescued the next day, while Rockefeller was never seen again, despite an intensive and lengthy search effort. At the time, Rockefeller's disappearance was a major world news item.. His body was never found.. He was declared legally dead in 1964..

Rockefeller was the 5th and last child of Mary Todhunter Rockefeller and Nelson Rockefeller.. He was the 3rd son of se7en children fathered by Nelson Rockefeller, and he had a twin sister, Mary...

After attending the Buckley school in New York, and graduating from the Phillips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire, where he was a student senator and exceptional varsity wrestler, Rockefeller graduated cum laude from Harvard University with a B.A. in history and economics.. In 1960, he served for six months as a private in the U.S. Army and then went on an expedition for Harvard's Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology to study the Dani tribe of western Netherlands New Guinea. The expedition filmed Dead Birds, an ethnographic documentary film produced by Robert Gardner, and for which Rockefeller was the sound recordist.. Rockefeller and a friend briefly left the expedition to study the Asmat tribe of southern Netherlands New Guinea.. After returning home from the Peabody expedition, Rockefeller returned to New Guinea to study the Asmat and collect Asmat art..

Christopher Stokes's short story "The Man Who Ate Michael Rockefeller", published in the 23rd issue of McSweeney's Quarterly Concern, presents a fictional account of young Michael's demise...

Don’t you tell this story to any other man or any other village, because this story is only for us.. Don’t speak. Don’t speak and tell the story.. I hope you remember it and you must keep this for us.. I hope, I hope, this is for you and you only. Don’t talk to anyone, forever, to other people or another village. If people question you, don’t answer.. Don’t talk to them, because this story is only for you.. If you tell it to them, you’ll die.. I am afraid you will die.. You’ll be dead, your people will be dead, if you tell this story.. You keep this story in your house, to yourself, I hope, forever.. Forever....

The Asmat were documented headhunters and cannibals, and as a consequence were left largely undisturbed until the mid-20th century..One day men will look back and say that I gave birth to the twentieth century...

To ripen our inner potential purely, without staining our efforts with attachment to worldly concerns..Upon the inception of the 5th cycle the mind begins to dissolve, in the sense that coarser types cease and subtler minds become manifest..At the channel-centres there are white and red drops, upon which physical and mental health are based..The white is predominant at the top of the head and the red at the solar plexus.. These drops have their origin in a white and red drop at the heart centre, and this drop is the size of a small pea and has a white top and red bottom.. It is called the indestructible drop, since it lasts until darth.. There is no possible way to escape darth.. No-one ever has, not even Jesus, Buddha, etc..The duration of our lifespan is uncertain..Worldly possessions such as wealth, position, money can't help..Even our own precious body is of no help to us.. We have to leave it behind like a shell, an empty husk, an overcoat....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asmat_people
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=52I didn't want your son, Michael!. I wouldn't bring another one of you sons into this world!.It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=222
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote