View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 04:55 AM   #88
lightgiver

Exclamation SaTMissIon

You'll never Walk Alone -LiverPool..Rodgers and HammerStein Carousel...

Quote:
A cross is a geometrical figure consisting of 2 lines or bars perpendicular to each other, dividing 1 or 2 of the lines in half.. The lines usually run vertically and horizontally; if they run obliquely, the design is technically termed a saltire, although the arms of a saltire need not meet at right angles..The cross is one of the most ancient human symbols, and has been used by many religions, most notably Christianity..It may be seen as a division of the world into four elements (Chevalier, 1997) or cardinal points, or alternately as the union of the concepts of divinity, the vertical line, and the world, the horizontal line (Koch, 1955)..The word cross comes ultimately from Latin crux,a Roman torture device used for crucifixion, via Old Irish cros.. The word was introduced to English in the 10th century as the term for the instrument of the torturous execution of Jesus as described in the New Testament, gradually replacing the earlier word rood..A cross is often used as a check mark because it can be clearer, easier to create with an ordinary pen or pencil, and less obscuring of any text or image that is already present than a large dot. It also allows marking a position more accurately than a large dot..A sun cross or wheel cross, a cross inside a circle, is frequently found in the symbolism of prehistoric cultures, particularly during the Neolithic to Bronze Age periods. The actual significance of these symbols in the prehistoric period is not known, but from their ubiquity and apparent importance the symbols have been adopted in various schools of Neopaganism, esotericism and occultism..Currently, the same symbol is recognized in astronomy as a representation of the Earth, but not the Sun, which is recognized by a "point-in-circle" symbol..The Bronze Age symbol has also been connected with the spoked chariot wheel, which at the time was 4-spoked (compare the Linear B ideogram 243 "wheel" ).. This technological innovation, invented by the late Proto-Indo-Europeans reached Europe in the mid-2nd millennium BC. In the context of a culture that celebrated the Sun chariot, it may also have had a "solar" connotation..The word swastika came from the Sanskrit word svastika, meaning any lucky or auspicious object, and in particular a mark made on persons and things to denote auspiciousness, or any piece of luck or well-being. It is composed of su- meaning "good, well" and asti "being". Suasti thus means "well-being." The suffix -ka either forms a diminutive or intensifies the verbal meaning, and suastika might thus be translated literally as "that which is associated with well-being," corresponding to "lucky charm" or "thing that is auspicious." The Sanskrit term has been in use in English since 1871, replacing gammadion (from Greek γαμμάδιον). Alternative historical English spellings of the Sanskrit phonological words with different meanings to include suastika, swastica, and svastica..The word does not occur in Vedic Sanskrit. As noted by Monier-Williams in his Sanskrit-English dictionary, according to Alexander Cunningham, its shape represents a monogram formed by interlacing of the letters of the auspicious words su-astí (svasti) written in Ashokan characters..Written crosses are used for many different purposes, particularly in mathematics....

Quote:
Prayer is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with a deity, an object of worship, or a spiritual entity through deliberate communication. Prayer can be a form of religious practice, may be either individual or communal and take place in public or in private. It may involve the use of words or song. When language is used, prayer may take the form of a hymn, incantation, formal creed, or a spontaneous utterance in the praying person..Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice..An incantationor enchantment is a charm or spell created using words. An incantation may take place during a ritual, either a hymn or prayer, and may invoke or praise a deity. In magic, occultism, and witchcraft it is used with the intention of casting a spell on an object or a person and mayemploy the use of pharmakeia.. The term derives from Latin "incantare" (tr.), meaning "to chant (a magical spell) upon," from in- "into, upon" and cantare "to sing"..Conversely, enchantments are also used to describe spells that cause no real effects but deceive people, either by directly affecting their thoughts or using some kind of illusions. Enchantresses are frequently depicted as able to seduce by such magic. Other forms include deceiving people into believing that they have suffered a magical transformation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=134Names is for tombstones, baby! Y'all take this honkey out and WASTE HIM! NOW!.Yes, Mr. Bleeker..I KNOW you "can't just glue the WinGs back on..In that case you'd better ship me back to the island and let him ask me in person.. I'm not in the habit of Giving answers to..lackeys..What are you..Some kinda doomsday machine..By the powers INvested IN ME by this parish, I hereby do commandeer this Vehicull and all those persons Within!..http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=169

Last edited by lightgiver; 12-06-2014 at 05:23 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote