View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #37
techman

Elvis, Little Richard, Eddie Cochran, etc where shut up?, makes sense in some way, plus Elvis we know, after his stint (or maybe deliberate forcing?) into the army in 1958 was all planned so that he could be changed, which of course in a way was what happened to him, or rather his image and music after he returned back home in 1960. I don't know about Little Richard and Eddie Cochran (although Coichran's accidental death in the UK is abit suspiscious), to me they were just regular rock n roll stars of the time and very big ones at that. I heard Elvis was alleged to be a pedophile (I think I heard Mark Devlin mention this in a talk which is on youtube, and, as far as I know, he's the only researcher who has claimed that: don't know where he gets his information from), so not exactly a good guy. I think the hysteria around Elvis was also a little manipulated and staged, although you didn't need to be Einstein to know why girls went crazy after him (unlike the Beatles who were ordinary looking men with silly mopped hairstyles; Ringo attractive?, what with that whopper of a hooter of his?, you gotta be joking, typical scouse inbred lol). Elvis on the otherhand oozed looks and seziness and talent, there's no question about that, but The Beatles were the opposite, nothing to shout about, which imo is what the manipulation or fake hysteria was all about, making average looking people with little or no talent into pop stars and seeing if people go mad after them. There's a fairly well known piece of archive film of girls going bonkers over photos of Elvis (maybe at a gig), and to me that footage looks rather fake and staged, much like the fans going crazy over the Beatles whenever they went somewhere.

Last edited by techman; 05-01-2015 at 10:19 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote