Thread: Life and death
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #53
de la source

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
But, you are (immortal) SPIRIT in a (mortal) physical body ...

There is no death!
You're right. But I should say that you are right if you're a person who lived at the moment the Bible was written.

Spirit = life, the vital force, the energy that propels living beings
Life is a continuum through temporary individuals
Spirit ≠ supernatural being or entity
Soul = sense of self, personal identity
All livings being have spirit (they are alive) but most of them don't have a soul (sense of self)

The ancient used another language to describe what we know now.
Language evolves. The Old English "æppel" was used for any kind of fruit. Since the 18th century, "apple" has been used only for the round fruit we know. So, if a person from the 21th century reads a book from the 15th century and sees the word "æppel", unless this person knows etymology, the first thing that will come to his/her mind is the fruit that we know today as an "apple".

Our concept of "god" has to evolve, like everything else. Spirituality is looking at life with amazement. If one associates himself/herself with life (the vital force) instead of his/her separate ego, one "resurrects" and "lives eternally". I apply this knowledge to my existence. My body and my personality will die someday, but life will go on in other living beings. That is the real pearl.

Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed (because they will know that their personality will die). When they are disturbed, they will marvel (life will become something to cherish), and will reign over all (because they won't cling to material things and other futilities). [And after they have reigned they will rest.] (and after they lived a full life, they will simply disappear)" (Gospel of Thomas)

Jesus said, "When you strip without being ashamed (when you get rid of your false beliefs), and you take your clothes and put them under your feet like little children and trample them (when you start seeing life like a child), then [you] will see the son of the living one and you will not be afraid. (you will see life as it is and enjoy it)" (Gospel of Thomas)

THAT WAS MY LAST POST! WHY? BECAUSE I HAVE TO LIVE NOW THAT I'VE FOUND THE MEANING OF LIFE. IF SOME OF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KEEPING IN TOUCH, JUST SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE... I WILL GLADLY DISCUSS WITH THE TRUE SEEKERS.

Last edited by de la source; 11-06-2016 at 12:49 AM.
de la source is offline   Reply With Quote