Thread: Royal Air Force
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #111
lightgiver

Lightbulb Take It Easy

Quote:

Edith Hamilton..

AN/FPS-8 Radar..

Winslow Air Force Station was established in 1954 by Air Defense Command as one of a planned deployment of 44 Mobile radar stations to support the impermanent ADC Radar network in the US sited around the perimeter of the country..This site became operational in April 1955..Winslow became operational in 1956 with the squadron using an AN/FPS-8 search radar..In 1958 an AN/FPS-6A height-finder radar was added..During 1961 Winslow AFS joined the Semi Automatic Ground Environment (SAGE) system, feeding data to DC-21 at Luke AFB, Arizona..Also in 1961, an AN/FPS-6B was added..An AN/FPS-64 was installed reportedly in 1963, but never became operational..In March, the Air Force ordered Winslow closed; operations ceased Friday 31 May 1963 - Edith Hamilton (August 12, 1867) was an American educator and internationally-known author who was the most renowned classicist of her era.. Shortly after her birth, the Hamilton family returned to the US and made their home in Fort Wayne, Indiana..A graduate of Bryn Mawr College, she also studied in Germany at the University of Leipzig and of Munich.. Hamilton is best known for her essays and best-selling books on ancient Greek and Roman civilizations - The ABC Theatre in Blackpool, UK, opened, beginning with the Holiday Carnival summer season stage show, starring Cliff Richard and The Shadows - Isn't it convenient for a 52 year old man who has no history of mental Illness to suddenly have a complete psychotic breakdown..What's "scarecrow"? - The station closed on 1 August..

Beginning in 1966, the former Winslow Air Force Station was home to a training center for the US Job Corps under the control of the Navajo Nation..After the site's closure in 1978, the site was thoroughly vandalized..Asbestos containing building materials were removed and disposed of prior to building demolition, and sulfuric acid which was stored on the site was removed for disposal..Except for some roads, the entire site has been obliterated; today no remains of the station or radars are left.. Winslow was also home to a roundhouse and maintenance depot for the Sante Fe..The last Harvey House (La Posada Hotel) opened in 1930.. It was designed by Mary Colter..The 9-11 Memorial in Winslow is a result of the efforts of Bill Herron and Councilwoman Dee Rodríguez, along with a committee, planning for a remembrance..There was news of beams from the Trade Center towers' wreckage being given away and the persons in charge of the wreckage were contacted and agreed to give Winslow beams of 14 and 16 foot length..The historic La Posada hotel has been beautifully restored..It is home to acres of flower and vegetable gardens, the museum of painter Tina Mion, and the Turquoise Room, a world class restaurant and bar..U.S. Route 66 was originally routed through the city - Wilmslow is a town and civil parish in Cheshire,England, it is small town that is 11 mi (18 km) south..

1956 USAF photo..

Meteor Crater is a Meteorite impact crater approximately 37 miles (60 km) east of FlagsTaff and 18 miles (29 km) west of Winslow in the northern Arizona desert of the US..The site was formerly known as the Canyon Diablo Crater and fragments of the meteorite are officially called the Canyon Diablo Meteorite..Scientists refer to the crater as Barringer CrAter in honor of Daniel Barringer, who was first to suggest that it was produced by meteorite impact..The crater is privately owned by the Barringer family through their Barringer Crater Company, which proclaims it to be the "best preserved meteorite crater on Earth"..Geologists used the nuclear detonation that created the Sedan crater Area 10 of Yucca Flat , and other such craters from the era of atmospheric nuclear testing, to establish upper and lower limits on the potential energy of the meteor impactor..The word sedan is possibly derived from a southern Italian dialect derivative of Italian sedia "chair" ..The term limousine can refer to a large sedan, especially if hired from a service..These terms, besides sedan, derive from types of horse-drawn carriages - Wilmslow was in the international Media in March 1997, when an IRA bomb exploded near the railway station damaging signalling equipment..Bell was supported in his door to door canvasing for votes by David Soul and served a single term as MP..How did you know where to find me?. How did you know who I am?..The Shadow knows!..
http://standinonthecorner.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winslow_Air_Force_Station
https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...&postcount=177East, West, just points of the compass..I offered my services, they refused..So did the East..I've been searching all over London for you...Don't hesitate to ring if there's anything else you want...https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...&postcount=721
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...om_cross07.htm + Aga Khan IV receiving a gift of Trinitite - Get set for Ecky thump..I still shudder when I think about the warrior who came up behind me, and the thwacking he gave me with his pork sword...

Last edited by lightgiver; 20-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote