View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #17
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendersky View Post
I wanted to start a similar thread awhile back and at the time I thought I had come to some realizations that I might want to share, but in the past few months I feel like I am almost back to square one. I find myself questioning my basic beliefs that questioning everything and searching for the truth is the way, when really it has become an endless and tiring maze. That's not to say I haven't gained some very valuable info along the way, but it's like the journey to awakening has become a distraction in and of itself. So now I think I may take maybe a different route to thinking and try looking at the knowledge I have gathered from a different angle. I guess if I were to offer any advice or thoughts to someone who is just starting their journey I would let them know that things don't get easier, they get harder. Be ready to give up the comfort of living unconsciously and accepting life at face value. You may gain some beautiful insights along the way, but when you are sticking your nose in places where you are not welcome you need to be aware that there will be resistance.
I think when you're growing, you take in information based upon where you're at in terms of your life journey. After a while you reflect and begin to come up with your own insights. Some of the initial things learnt may remain, but some will be discarded. We do this unconsciously. I don't see things the same as I did ten years ago, and definitely not twenty nor thirty years ago, although there's probably some core ideas that have persisted.

It's like real musical creativity. A person starts off imitating their idols because that mode of expression resonates with them. They haven't yet developed their own personality. Eventually they'll come up with a form of expressing themselves that may be informed by their early influences, but it's become a far more personal, unique expression.

The equivalent of this imitation in truth seeking terms is when people quote passages of writings or lecturers verbatim that ring a bell, to the exclusion of their own experience. Nothing wrong with that, it's a stage and sometimes a portion of the initial truths learnt will always be relevant.

Last edited by decode reality; 10-06-2016 at 10:33 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote