View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #333
lightgiver

Lightbulb AKong 47

Chöje Akong Tulku Rinpoche (25 December 1939 – 8 October 2013) was a tulku in the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism and a founder of the Samye Ling Monastery in Scotland..Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness...

He was born in 1939, near Riwoq 31°12′41.76″N / 96°36′0.89″E in Kham, Eastern Tibet. At the age of 2 he was discovered by the search party seeking the reincarnation of the previous (1st) Akong, Abbot of Dolma Lhakang monastery 31°10′0.38″N 97°13′59.61″E near Chamdo.. The search party was following instructions given by the 16th Karmapa..Visits Hopi Nation in Arizona...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8a-OwheAEk

After spending time in refugee camps he was asked to teach at the Young Lamas Home School in Dalhousie, NW India. In 1963, a sponsor paid for Akong Rinpoche and Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche to go to Oxford to learn English. As only Trungpa had a bursary, Akong worked as a hospital orderly in the Radcliffe Infirmary in order to support himself, Trungpa and Lama Chime Tulku Rinpoche (who had joined them at O-xford)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7P11W2EN4

On 8 October 2013, it was reported that Akong Tulku Rinpoche had been killed in "a dispute over money" in Chengdu, China, along with 2 other monks, including Rinpoche's nephew, and his driver..he police said that 3 Tibetan men had been arrested and admitted carrying out the killings.. The Samye-Ling website subsequently said that the killers had intended to rob Akong Rinpoche of funds which were being distributed to various projects supported by the charity, Rokpa International, for which he was responsible. It was also announced on 11 October 2013 that his body was being taken to the Tibetan Autonomous Region, to his monastery (Dolma Lhakang), for a ceremony and cremation in accordance with his high standing.. On 12 October 2013 Samye-Ling released a statement confirming that one of the suspected killers had been named by Chengdu police as Tu Dan Gu Sha, also known as Thubten Kunsal, who had spent some 5 years in the UK and who had made religious statues at Samye Ling and an associated centre in London. In its statement, the Samye Ling centre strongly rejected claims that this individual was owed money by either Akong Rinpoche, the centre or its London centre..Cheng (also known as Jeng, Chieng) is a Mon–Khmer language of southern Laos. Chazée (1999:95) estimates the population at 5,500, while the 1995 Laotian census places the Cheng population at 6,511..The Cheng live mostly along the banks of the Sekaman River, in and around Ban Fandeng (Phandɛŋ)..Du, a romanization of the dakuten form of Tsu (kana)..Depleted uranium, a type of uranium primarily composed of the isotope uranium-238..Delta Upsilon, a social fraternity...Du is a common Germanic 2nd-person personal pronoun that can be found in many of the modern Germanic languages..

In August 2011 Akong Rinpoche was among the honored guests in Lhasa at the invitation of the C3ommunist C3hinese during the 60th Anniversary of the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet functions.. In a video posted to YouTube of the celebrations, Akong Rinpoche is shown together with other "Patriotic Tibetans" such as Gangchen Tulku...
Quote:
The ultimate in disposing one's troops is to be without ascertainable shape. Then the most penetrating spies cannot pry in nor can the wise lay plans against you..The 31st parallel north is a circle of latitude that is 31 degrees north of the Earth's equatorial plane. It crosses Africa, Asia, the Pacific Ocean, North America and the Atlantic Ocean...The meridian 96° east of Greenwich is a line of longitude that extends from the North Pole across the Arctic Ocean, Asia, the Indian Ocean, the Southern Ocean, and Antarctica to the South Pole...
October 8 is the 281st day of the year (282nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 84 days remaining until the end of the year.
314 – Roman Emperor Licinius is defeated by his colleague Constantine I at the Battle of Cibalae, and loses his European territories.
1480 – Great standing on the Ugra river, a standoff between the forces of Akhmat Khan, Khan of the Great Horde, and the Grand Duke Ivan III
1806 – Napoleonic Wars: Forces of the British Empire lay siege to the port of Boulogne in France by using Congreve rockets, invented by Sir William Congreve.
1856 – The 2nd Opium War between several western powers and China begins with the Arrow Incident on the Pearl River.
1871 – 4 major fires break out on the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago, Peshtigo, Wisconsin, Holland, Michigan, and Manistee, Michigan including the Great Chicago Fire, and the much deadlier Peshtigo Fire.
1904 – Prince Albert, Saskatchewan is incorporated as a city.
1967 – Guerrilla leader Che Guevara and his men are captured in Bolivia.
1982 – 6 Cats O-pens on Broadway and runs for nearly 18 years before closing on September 10, 2000.
2001 – A twin engine Cessna and Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) jetliner collide in heavy fog during takeoff from Milan, Italy killing 118 people.
2001 – U.S. President George W. Bush announces the establishment of the Office of Homeland Security.
2005 – 2005 Kashmir earthquake: Thousands of people are killed by a magnitude 7.6 earthquake in parts of Pakistan, India and Afghanistan..Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akong_Rinpoche
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=133148&page=9Dogs guard; cats watch... and judge..I'll pick you up at 8.. What kind of flowers do you like..So that was a dead end, but I think if we systematically retrace your steps over the last 3 months..Ah ha! You were measuring behind my back.. You were going to redecorate Sabrina's room without me!..Having magic and being a witch is great and all, but I can't live without seeing my Mother sentient Beings.. Don't you toy with me you saucy Minx!..The song she did for "Titanic" always chokes me up... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=48933&page=20

Last edited by lightgiver; 05-11-2013 at 10:31 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote