View Single Post
Old 20-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
motleyhoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trix View Post
Just posted the same thread.

I've seen it coming and got myself out of the city a few months ago. We now have chickens and a large stock pile of seeds and canning equipment.

This is a very real concern. People will not take heed until it is too late. By the time it hits, you're fucked.
I have felt this coming for nearly 2 years now, but I am stuck where I am at. We bought our house before the housing bubble, but because of the bubble we could not sell it even if we tried. We really want to buy 3-4 acres of farmland because I already had a plans to change careers into organic farming back when I saw this coming, but we can't find the right land, and we can't sell the house we have now. There are 6 houses for sale all within 1/2 mile of me, and most of them have been on the market for over year.

We have been learning to grow our own food though, and I have quite a library started on organic farming and country living.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote