Thread: Dimensions
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #15
rodin
Banned

Superluminal redshifts blow apart the Big Bang hoax. More likely explanation is inertial gravity.

Some asked if I had ever heard of the 'Strong Force' and I guess I can't criticise them for asking since unless you have been around other forums you know little or nothing about me.

The Strong force is that which holds baryons together in the nucleus of the atom. It is called 'strong' because it must overcome the incredible electrostatic repulsive force that must exist between closely packed protons. In larger nuclei, protons are interspersed with neutrons, which has the effect of increasing the distance between protons. Since static fields like gravity and electrostatic obey the inverse square law this has quite a significant effect. (separation by 2x distance reduces force x4). The question is - what is the strong force?

Strong forces exist in the macro world too, for example in the case of magnetism. The requirement of a strong force is that it operates at shorter range than normal 'static' inverse square forces. When first I learned that magnetism produces a force better described as inverse cube in distance:force ratio, the penny dropped. Actually, you can experience the strong force of magnetism yourself, for it really takes hold as the fridge magnet closely approaches the door, not before.

(Note to mods - is it possible to upload image files from a computer to a post?)

The magnetic strong force is a derivative of electric charge. If a current flows in a wire a magnetic FIELD is created. There is another kind of motion and that is rotational spin. Fridge magnets are created by aligning magnetic DIPOLES in certain metals. These dipoles are created by orbital electrons being oriented in an non-random way so that so some extent the magnetic field generated by the spin sums in the a macro scale.

Consider

Quote:
In magnetic materials, the most important sources of magnetization are, more specifically, the electrons' orbital angular motion around the nucleus, and the electrons' intrinsic magnetic moment (see Electron magnetic dipole moment). The other potential sources of magnetism are much less important: For example, the nuclear magnetic moments of the nuclei in the material are typically thousands of times smaller than the electrons' magnetic moments, so they are negligible in the context of the magnetization of materials. (Nuclear magnetic moments are important in other contexts, particularly in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).)

This makes sense, since although both electrons and nuclei are inertial (moving) the radius through which the electron ranges is many orders of magnitude greater than that of the proton, and therefore the field is also much greater. This suggests that the strong force is not magnetic in nature, since magnetic field is measured to be relatively very weak in the nucleus

Before we go any further, therefore, consider

inertial charge produces a short-range high-order field called magnetism

Last edited by rodin; 20-07-2009 at 03:12 PM.
rodin is offline   Reply With Quote