View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 01:50 AM   #1
Prince_Arthur
Premier Subscribers

Exclamation Unilever Boycott

I would normally advise against posting whilst under the influence of alcohol - particularly in light of how the establishment control us with this potion - see Bacchus, Dionysus etc.

However, sometimes beer makes us irrational and angry so here goes....

I would like to propose a non-violent boycott of Unilever products in light of how colonialist W.Bro William Hesketh Lever exploited our fellow humans in the African Congo.

Fig 5 Lord Leverhulme by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

For reference see ‘Lord Leverhulme’s Ghosts – Colonial Exploitation in the Congo’ – Author Jules Marchal (first published 2008).

Lord Leverhulme certainly appears to have been a popular boss – his funeral was attended by 30,000 people – clearly a well respected man amongst his workforce and the community at large in the UK. (He is buried in the churchyard of Christ Church in Port Sunlight, Cheshire).

Fig 7 Lord Lever-mason-painting by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

However, Lord Leverhulme was a colonialist and exploiter of the worst sort and deserves no historic recognition.

Jules Marchal (1924-2004), a former diplomat in the Belgian Congo spent twenty years researching forced labour.

Fig 13 Lord Leverhulmes Ghosts Jules Marchal by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

In Marchal’s book, ‘Lord Leverhulme’s Ghosts – Colonial Exploitation in the Congo’, the back cover summary is as follows:

“In the early twentieth century, the worldwide rubber boom led British enterpreneur Lord Leverhulme to the Belgian Congo. Warmly welcomed by the murderous regime of King Leopold II, Leverhulme set up a private kingdom reliant on the horrific Belgian system of forced labor, a program that reduced the population of Congo by half and accounted for more deaths than the Nazi Holocaust. In this definitive, meticulously researched history, Jules Marchal exposes the nature of forced labor under Lord Leverhulme’s rule and the appalling conditions imposed upon the people of Congo. With an extensive introduction by Adam Hochschild, Lord Leverhulme’s Ghosts is an important and urgently needed account of a laboratory of colonial exploitation”.

Unilever recently threatened to re-locate to the Netherlands because of Brexit - well as far as I'm concerned they can piss off to Timbuktu (however they would exploit the local work force there as well). I suggest Unilever re-locate to Belgium and fester in the stench of the supposedly expired Holy Roman Empire.

Enlightened people - please vote with your feet and take a step towards re-balancing this world against the inequalities of global corporatism - tell Unilever to go else where....

See also

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=322545

https://pubastrology.com/new-world-o...of-the-garter/

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress...arter-v1_8.pdf
Prince_Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote