View Single Post
Old 13-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
georggearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by guessed View Post
I didn't mean it as a significant difference despite the capitals.
I would guess a lot of us can be traced back to a bastard child of wealthy land owners or perhaps even royalty, but I would expect the majority have been alongside these fortuned bloodlines.
It's a shame that all of our bloodlines didn't have the will, means, or thoughts of self worth to have kept a record of our ancestry, perhaps it's that our ancestors weren't able to read or write to keep such a record, or were killed in battle before updating/passing on such a record to our children. Those children may have ended up in orphanages and lost all history of their bloodline.
I certainly don't see the royals or anyone else for that matter being any better for being able to show some painted portraits or claims of being descended from someone who sat on a horse on a hill while our ancestors dies for their claim to land they now own.
Ah ok. I see what you mean now.

But it's not realy relevant to the point I was making. DI places significanse in the fact that we can follow the leaders of todays world back to wealthy and powerful families of the past (interbreeding of bloodlines as he calls it). The point is, it wouldn't matter whom he chose to follow back in time. He would ALWAYS end up with the same result. He would ALWAYS find that Mr Whatever, is a decendant of Charlemagne. As he would if he tracked back MY ancestry.

DI hasn't tracked back my ancestry, because let's be fair, I'm not that interesting . But if I by some freak accident became President of the World, he could 'prove' that my ancestry goes back to Charlemagne and that I was part of some interbreeding bloodline. Which would be true, but genealogicaly unsurprising. In fact, it's a given.

See what I mean?
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own concience.

Last edited by georggearless; 13-10-2015 at 02:22 PM.
georggearless is offline   Reply With Quote