View Single Post
Old 17-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #24
lightgiver

Lightbulb Carry On

Quote:
Sid Carter is the cunning head of a criminal gang that includes the longhaired drip Ernie Bragg , the cheeky Freddy and Sid's son, Cyril .. Cyril disguises himself as a new nurse to case a maternity hospital and the booty – the hospital's stock of contraceptive pills. The "Head Chopper" at the hospital, Sir Bernard Cutting, is convinced he's undergoing a sex change while the nutty Dr F.A. Goode dishes out psychiatric mumbo jumbo..The hard working Matron (Hattie Jacques) has more than enough to contend with on the wards, with the troublesome Mrs Tidey who seems more interested in eating than producing a baby and her loyal British Rail worker husband who continually hangs around the waiting room. Waiting. Cyril is picked out by notorious "bird-watcher" Dr Prodd and goes back to his place to get a map of the hospital. The poor doc gets a shock when the Lovely "nurse" turns out to be a crook in a frock...

Quote:
May 1 - "Different Times" opens at ANTA Theater NYC for 24 performances\ 2 – Fire in a silver mine in Idaho kills 91- Lt General Vernon A Walters, USA becomes deputy director of CIA - US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site/ 5 – An Alitalia DC-8 crashes west of Palermo, Sicily; 115 die\ 7 General elections are held in Italy/ 8 – U.S. President Richard Nixon orders the mining of Haiphong Harbor in Vietnam\10 – Operation Linebacker and Operation Custom Tailor begin with large-scale bombing operations against North Vietnam by tactical fighter aircraft- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site- Overloaded South Korean bus plunges into reservoir, killing 77/11 - John Lennon says his phone is tapped by FBI on Dick Cavett Show- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site\12-Wings release "Mary Had a Little Lamb"/13 – Fire in a nightclub atop the Sennichi department store in Osaka, Japan, kills 115.\14 - 14th Grammy Awards/15 - Okinawa is returned to Japan after 27 years of United States Military occupation-Governor George C. Wallace of Alabama is shot and paralyzed by Arthur Herman Bremer at a Laurel, Maryland, political rally\16 – The first financial derivatives exchange, the International Monetary Market (IMM), opens on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange- "Don't Play Us Cheap" opens at Barrymore Theater NYC for 164 perfs/18 - Queen Elizabeth last met her uncle, Edward, Duke of Windsor, at his Paris home - 4 troopers of the Special Air Service and Special Boat Service were parachuted onto the ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2 1,000 miles (1,600 km) across the Atlantic After a bomb threat and ransom demand which turned out to be bogus - "Me & The Chimp" last airs on CBS-TV...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_Matron
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=110I am fallen, flawed and imperfect..I wasn't saying whatever they're saying I was saying.. I never Meant it to be a lousy anti-religious thing..Yet drenched in thy Grace and Mercy...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=130

Last edited by lightgiver; 17-07-2014 at 07:47 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote