Thread: On The Square
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #75
lightgiver

Lightbulb Summoning of Demons on the Square

Quote:
“Let me tell you something, if you will forgive a senior for prosing. There are two ways to play chess. One is a man against a man; the other is a man against a chessboard. It’s the difference between match and metal play in golf. Observe: if I know you are going to play the Philidor defense to the King’s Knight Opening, I do not risk being forced into the Petroff, which I dislike. But in playing an unknown quantity, I must analyze every position like a problem, and guard against all possibilities. It takes a great genius and a lifetime’s devotion to play the latter game. But so long as I can read your motive in your move, I can content myself with guarding that one line. Should you make a move whose object I cannot see, I am compelled to take a fresh view of the board and analyze the position as if I were called upon to adjudicate an unfinished game.”
A chessboard is the type of checkerboard used in the board game chess, and consists of 64 squares (eight rows and eight columns) arranged in two alternating colors (light and dark). The colors are called "black" and "white" (or "light" and "dark"), although the actual colors are usually dark green and buff for boards used in competition, and often natural shades of light and dark woods for home boards. Materials vary widely; while wooden boards are generally used in high-level games, vinyl and cardboard are common for low-level and informal play. Decorative glass and marble boards are available but not usually accepted for sanctioned games...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusissalvation View Post
I only recently discovered the truth to this myself, LG. Quite interesting and yet, once understood, actually makes 'perfect sense'.

So in a nutshell, when a Mason walks on the checkered floor, those who have been 'enlightened' now know that they walk, possessing the knowledge of 'good and evil.'

Thank you, LG and likewise to you. I see you are shedding light on very esoteric teachings. Believe me when I say that the vast majority of the world [including myself] are either not 'ready' to receive them or we will simply just never be able to 'fully comprehend' them...
Evocation is the act of calling or summoning a spirit, demon, god or other supernatural agent, in the Western mystery tradition. Comparable practices exist in many religions and magical traditions and may employ the use of pharmakeia with and without uttered word formulas...The Latin word evocatio was the "calling forth" or "summoning away" of a city's tutelary deity...A tutelary (also tutelar) is a deity or spirit who is a guardian, patron or protector of a particular place, geographic feature, person, lineage, nation, culture or occupation...

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=57
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=404
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote