View Single Post
Old 15-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #27
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edostar View Post
Hi H2pogo.

Good to hear that you've installed HCS on your vehicle and are having fun testing it out.
If you're using PCV pressure; the screw valve is to relieve surplus pressure and thereby control the amount of pressure that flows through the HCS.

If you open the relief tap wide; no pressure will reach the bubbler as it will all be ventilated beforehand.
If you close the valve shut (effectively what you've done by not fitting one at all) then all the available PCV pressure will go through the HCS.
This feeds a lot of hydrogen to the engine which may be okay.

It will also mean that the only way to relieve the PCV gases is through the HCS which may not be able to conduct all of them due to small bore pipes.
If this is the case; then the pressure in the crankcase will not be adequately ventilated and oil will begin to be forced out of the crankcase gaskets.
Check for drips of oil under the car after you've been driving it around.

If this is not happening; then presumably your HCS is managing to ventilate all the pressure without a problem.
If the car is running okay on that quantity of added hydrogen; then that's not a problem either.

If I were you; I'd drop by an aquarium store and buy a screw-valve and a 'T' joint and fit a ventilation control so that you can regulate the system.

I find that a primary adjustment gives minimal bubbling through the bubbler tank at engine idle.
Thereafter; all additional pressure at higher engine revs is ventilated through the HCS.

Anyway; it sounds like the HCS is working as you are getting higher performance and extra mileage from your vehicle running this simple, home-made system.

Dan.
Thanks for your intelligent response, The breathing seemed fine so i went for it..I revved it up and took the oil cap off and there was no pressure so i presumed its all good.
I got a tap now, but the bottle kind of melted so am driving without the system working and getting some MPG figures to compare with.

Will keep you posted.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote