View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
Firewand

Another thing about the majority of these bog standard video editors is they don't have pan and crop tools to Crop, Pan, Zoom, and Rotate your video or picture slide show. With a pan/crop tool you can zoom in and out on your pictures and clips, and also key frame individual parts of your film or side show to create some interesting effects. It's always a good idea to vary your clips or pictures in this way, especially when creating a sideshow. Having just still pictures in a sideshow is rather bland.

That's one of the reasons why I use Vegas pro, the zoom pan and crop tool is second to none and packed with features, which means you can do just about anything you wish to your clips. Another reason I use it is because it also has a masking tool inside the zoom, pan, crop feature, which means you can create your own compositions native inside Vegas pro, without having to use Adobe After Effects.

As a tip it's always good idea to create your picture slide shows on a gradient background, or a background of your choice, rather than just putting the different size pictures onto a standard black background, which in my opinion looks quite tacky and amateurish.