View Single Post
Old 28-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #51
rapunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhoam View Post
First of all, I'm sorry to hear you arent feeling well. I hope you get better very soon.
Thanks but it's a slow process which is why I'm not here very often.

Quote:
Second, this is a theory about the significance of September 11 in the eyes of high level occultists, Freemasons, etc. I have explained it at length in other posts if you really want to know, but I do not think you do.
I haven't read all your posts on other threads so I'm not sure how you are privy to the thoughts of 'high level occultists'. Who first said there was a significance to the date? Or did someone who believed in a conspiracy also wonder if there was an occult connection and this idea then grew legs?

Quote:
Nobody is going to come to us and give conclusive proof that September 11 is currently the New Year's day of occultists.
I have never seen any evidence that it is or that occultists are in any way united with similar beliefs and correspondences.

Quote:
Therefore, we have to put forth strong circumstantial evidence, of which there is more than enough, relating the Egyptian calendar to Sirius to the Coptic Calendar to modern-day occultism. Once that evidence is accepted, the honest observer should see that this theory fits in with the wider world of conspiracy facts, and that strengthens the case.[INDENT]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_calendar:
This has nothing to do with 'honest observers'. Just because someone may disagree with you doesn't make them dishonest no matter how sincerely you believe in your theory.

I'd love to see the circumstantial evidence which seems in short supply at the moment.

Quote:
"The Coptic calendar, also called the Alexandrian calendar, is used by the Coptic Orthodox Church and still used in Egypt. This calendar is based on the ancient Egyptian calendar."
It's not as simple as that. The Egyptians had four calendars; which one do you consider to be the 'ancient Egyptian calendar?

Quote:
"The Feast of Neyrouz marks the first day of the Coptic Calendar known as the Year of the Martyrs "ANO MARTYRUM, A.M." Its celebration falls on the 1st day of the month named Tut, the first month of the Coptic year, which usually coincides with the 11th day of September."

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sothis :
"Sothis is the name of a star that the Egyptians considered unusually significant. The star is not explicitly identified, but there are enough clues for modern scholars to be almost unanimous in identifying Sothis as Sirius.
"Plutarch states that The soul of Isis is called Dog by the Greeks
Sothis was identified with Isis in many Egyptian texts
The Greeks called Sirius the Dog"

Please note that I put this next quote here to show that some people, like certain astrologers, clearly identify Isis and Sirius with the ancient Egyptian calendar. It should not be any kind of leap, therefore, to say that modern occultists do something very similar.
No one is arguing that Sirius is not connected with the Egyptian calendar and again I ask, which calendar? and exactly how is Sirius connected to the Coptic calendar?

Quote:
From http://www.mirrorofisis.freeyellow.com/id63.html :
"Sirius: The Sacred Star of Isis
The Star of the New Year

"The Beautiful Star of Isis now called Sirius, but anciently called Sothis by the Greeks and Sopdet by the Egyptians, was considered to open the way for the Nile flood, which brought life and fertility back to the land of Egypt. About five thousand years ago the heliacal rising of Sirius occurred on the Summer Solstice which falls on June 21st. This means that Sirius rose just ahead of the Sun and was visible again for a few brief moments after a 70 day absence from the skies of Egypt.

"As the bright Star of Isis shone briefly before mingling Her light with Her Divine Grandfather, Ra, the God of the Sun, great joy and reverence spread throughout Egypt, for the arrival of the Nile Star meant salvation and life for all in the land. It was thought that the tears of Isis brought the Nile floods as Isis mourned and wept for Her beloved Husband, Osiris/Asar/Usir, who was, in a religious sense, considered to be the first Pharaoh or King of Egypt. In the old story it is said that Osiris was betrayed and murdered by His Brother, the ancient Egyptian 'Evil One.'"
Written by an astrologer I see and has rather a new agey and unhistorical feel. Never mind. This still doesn't get past the problem that the rising of Sirius on New Years Day occurred only once every 1460 years in Egypt.

Don't you think it more likely that if occultists were involved in 9/11 they would have chosen a date when Sirius rose heliacally in New York? I don't know what date that would be but no doubt someone could find out. If they were so keen to involve Sirius in their destruction then to my mind that is what they would have done.

Is it a bit solipsistic in here or is it just me?

"Bother," said Pooh, as Cthulhu rose up and ate him. "
rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote