View Single Post
Old 25-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #49
iamwhoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel View Post
Apologies for my late reply but I have been in hospital for some weeks and still feeling not quite right.

What I really want to say about 11 September is that the connection is not to the heliacal rising of Sirius but to the Egyptian New Years Day. They should always have been on the same day but because the Egyptian Civil Calendar was not long enough every 4 years the heliacal rising and New Years Day would separate by one day and the New Year would slowly slip around the calendar for 1460 years until once again it coincided with the Heliacal rising.

Without going into complicated issues about calendars, much of which I don't understand, it happened that when the Coptic calendar was fixed New Years Day was falling on 11 September and was separated from the Heliacal rising by over a month.

Therefore I contend that 11 September has no connection with Sirius because there was no connection with Sirius, symbolic or not, when that date was chosen as the Coptic New Year.

It's a complicated situation and I've probably given a piss poor explanation but that's all I'm capable of right now.

Cheers
First of all, I'm sorry to hear you arent feeling well. I hope you get better very soon.

Second, this is a theory about the significance of September 11 in the eyes of high level occultists, Freemasons, etc. I have explained it at length in other posts if you really want to know, but I do not think you do. Nobody is going to come to us and give conclusive proof that September 11 is currently the New Year's day of occultists. Therefore, we have to put forth strong circumstantial evidence, of which there is more than enough, relating the Egyptian calendar to Sirius to the Coptic Calendar to modern-day occultism. Once that evidence is accepted, the honest observer should see that this theory fits in with the wider world of conspiracy facts, and that strengthens the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_calendar:
"The Coptic calendar, also called the Alexandrian calendar, is used by the Coptic Orthodox Church and still used in Egypt. This calendar is based on the ancient Egyptian calendar."
From http://www.copticchurch.net/easter.html :
"The Feast of Neyrouz marks the first day of the Coptic Calendar known as the Year of the Martyrs "ANO MARTYRUM, A.M." Its celebration falls on the 1st day of the month named Tut, the first month of the Coptic year, which usually coincides with the 11th day of September."
"Historically, ancient Egyptians initially used a civil calendar based on a solar year that consisted of 365 days only, without making any adjustment for the additional quarter of a day each year. However, in the mean time, they knew an astronomical calendar which is based on an astronomical concept namely the heliacal rising of a bright star called Sirius "Canis Major, the Dog Star" at the dawn of the eastern horizon. The day on which the heliacal rising of Sirius occurs marks the first day of the year. Sirius or Spdt in ancient Egyptian is characterized by high luminosity and is a member of the constellation Canis Major. It lies about 8.6 light years from earth. The first day coincides with the arrival of the highest point of river Nile flood at Memphis, south west of Cairo, the capital of Egypt during the early dynastic period of the old kingdom."
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sothis :
"Sothis is the name of a star that the Egyptians considered unusually significant. The star is not explicitly identified, but there are enough clues for modern scholars to be almost unanimous in identifying Sothis as Sirius.
"Plutarch states that The soul of Isis is called Dog by the Greeks
Sothis was identified with Isis in many Egyptian texts
The Greeks called Sirius the Dog"

Please note that I put this next quote here to show that some people, like certain astrologers, clearly identify Isis and Sirius with the ancient Egyptian calendar. It should not be any kind of leap, therefore, to say that modern occultists do something very similar.
From http://www.mirrorofisis.freeyellow.com/id63.html :
"Sirius: The Sacred Star of Isis
The Star of the New Year

"The Beautiful Star of Isis now called Sirius, but anciently called Sothis by the Greeks and Sopdet by the Egyptians, was considered to open the way for the Nile flood, which brought life and fertility back to the land of Egypt. About five thousand years ago the heliacal rising of Sirius occurred on the Summer Solstice which falls on June 21st. This means that Sirius rose just ahead of the Sun and was visible again for a few brief moments after a 70 day absence from the skies of Egypt.

"As the bright Star of Isis shone briefly before mingling Her light with Her Divine Grandfather, Ra, the God of the Sun, great joy and reverence spread throughout Egypt, for the arrival of the Nile Star meant salvation and life for all in the land. It was thought that the tears of Isis brought the Nile floods as Isis mourned and wept for Her beloved Husband, Osiris/Asar/Usir, who was, in a religious sense, considered to be the first Pharaoh or King of Egypt. In the old story it is said that Osiris was betrayed and murdered by His Brother, the ancient Egyptian 'Evil One.'"